R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-22-2006, 07:36 AM   #346
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrgz
Hi I just going to try my new GPX4 pro this sunday with sts.12 any recomendations?? I belive this is a serious competitive car... I will compete against an HPI r40 hara edition do you think is this a better car??
Congratulation on your new purchase. This is a great car. There are a lot of things that need to be done to make this car competitive. Just read the posts and you should be ok, the key is to free up the transmission as much as possible. You have any questions let us know. Good luck.
three50zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:18 AM   #347
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey,
I found some MTX-3 belts at my LHS that fit the GPX-4 and the driveline is soooo much better now specially the front I have also changed my diff oils to 100k Front and 30k Rear i am still using the front diff as the car seems much more stable than with the oneway on my local track,see how I go this weekend as the new OS is freeing up nicely!!..

Taffyjnr5
Taffyjnr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #348
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mykel chua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Hey,
I found some MTX-3 belts at my LHS that fit the GPX-4 and the driveline is soooo much better now specially the front I have also changed my diff oils to 100k Front and 30k Rear i am still using the front diff as the car seems much more stable than with the oneway on my local track,see how I go this weekend as the new OS is freeing up nicely!!..

Taffyjnr5

yup mugen belts will also do the trick. One thing i also noticed between the Bando belt and the Mugen is that the Bando belt's teeth get stripped while the Mugen belt does not. It only snaps. what OS engine are you running on?
mykel chua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:05 AM   #349
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by three50zx
Congratulation on your new purchase. This is a great car. There are a lot of things that need to be done to make this car competitive. Just read the posts and you should be ok, the key is to free up the transmission as much as possible. You have any questions let us know. Good luck.

Thanks I just break in my engine today and i love the car was very stable and handle like a pro. Question Do you know were can I buy the foam bumper for this car?? or any sustitutions for the foam bumper.
alexrgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:06 AM   #350
Tech Elite

Hi,
Had a good run today qualified 8th out of 10 cars mostly MTX-4's and a couple of G4's and I finished 5th overall after the finals had the side belt fall off in one of the qualifiers and these things are damm hard to drive 2wd but all in all had a good run the OS TZ(3) is freeing up nicely and still trying to find the sweet spot in the handling but getting closer.

Taffyjnr5
Old 09-25-2006, 02:57 AM   #351
Tech Adept

Hey alexrgz,

you guys dont no me im noob, but if u want a cheap bumper, go to your local pool store or clark rubber and you can give them a template and thell cut one out out of your choice of foam. their good quality and you can buy like 10 for the same price as at your local hobby store.

hope i helped REMO.
RC=Realy_Costly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:31 AM   #352
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

I recently got a gpx4 rtr and run it in. During the run in it was running off by itseLf but i thought it was just the idle so i left it untill i was ready to tune it. I went to tune it the other day turned down the idle and it was still doing it. So i tried tightening my clutch, NOTHING! i cant figure out whats wrong with it can anybody give me some advice. I JUST WANNA HURRY UP AND TAKE IT DOWN TO THE TRACK!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:12 PM   #353
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC=Realy_Costly
Hey guys,

I recently got a gpx4 rtr and run it in. During the run in it was running off by itseLf but i thought it was just the idle so i left it untill i was ready to tune it. I went to tune it the other day turned down the idle and it was still doing it. So i tried tightening my clutch, NOTHING! i cant figure out whats wrong with it can anybody give me some advice. I JUST WANNA HURRY UP AND TAKE IT DOWN TO THE TRACK!
Hey Rc realy:

I belive that the gpx4 version rtr doesn't come with manual, so try to download any manual like mtx4, v one rrr etc. with centax or push clutch to see how you have to tune the cluth maybe the spring clutch is too tight or too lose. you can download the mtx4 manual at mugenseiki.com and see the part of the motor mount. thanks for the bumper advice.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:20 PM   #354
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC=Realy_Costly
Hey guys,

Sorry rc realy:
The mtx4 manual is at mugenracing.com hope this help.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:35 AM   #355
Tech Adept

cheers ill test it out
Old 10-04-2006, 02:48 AM   #356
Tech Elite

Hi,
I have bought a new OS engine for my RTR Gpx-4 to run pullstart class it is called a Max-12TG it is a .7hp engine and rear exhaust and SG crank and it fits perfectly and runs well has good bottom end.

Taffyjnr5
Old 10-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #357
Tech Rookie

Hi, Can you guys tell me where to buy parts of gpx4 by internet, except rcmart or dinball. Thanx.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:09 AM   #358
Tech Initiate

Default gpx4

Quote:
Hi, Can you guys tell me where to buy parts of gpx4 by internet, except rcmart or dinball. Thanx.

check www.dogboneind.com
Bulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:26 AM   #359
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

Here in the U.S. we have nitrohouse. Here their web address: http://www.nitrohouse.com/
three50zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #360
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to GoFast

Quote:
my side tensioner does not line up with the belt. it actually pushed the belt towards the outside about 1 1/2 mm. i seen some other pics here and it looks like others are lining up ok. here are some pics of my bracket. is it machined wrong ?? is the aluminum shaft with the hex suppose to be flush with the outside of the bracket or is it suppose to be recessed. or what did i forget ??
Hi Baih
I just installed this support myself. the original plastic one uses the hex part. The metal version has a different axle which does not have the hex on it. Instead it is round and is half as long. It also does not use an E clip to keep the bearings on (which is a good thing because the E clip always falls off on me!)
What I did was grind down the hex so that it is half as high and then it works ok. This will bring the bearings inline with the belt.
GoFast is offline   Reply With Quote