R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-20-2006, 12:57 PM   #166
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Associated springs will work fine. I use the H/Nor spring set which is rated and color coded the same way as associated.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:48 PM   #167
Tech Initiate

Default GPX4-PRO

i have a gpx4-pro with os donk and won nitro-b. in my first ever race season as a serious racer .if you ask me mtx4 is just a copy of the hobao. and v-one rrr is too expesive and too hard to get parts for ...i see the pro comeing a long way in the near future ...esp for people with a need for speed and not much money ..eg: myself .as for belts being a bit tight, i like it a lille tight rofl helps slow the car down of the main straight so you dont use brakes as much lol.......i looked at fw05rr v-one rrr mtx3 and cd3 pro but for the coin and ability of this one cant go wrong ,,,, only thing to make it better would be a nova rossi,sirio evo-3 or os tz donk ,,,,,as for setup for our track basicly everything at 2 degrees camber & toe rear and 2 degress camber 1 degree toe out front is good start . gaff tape run full lentgh on chassis to stop rocks 5 mm hieght rear 4 front ..cheers all
gpx4-slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:28 AM   #168
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M.
You can put 1mm shims in the rear section of the mid block so that the mid is slightly tilted forward and this should loosen the front belt just a little. The rear is not as tight as the front and the belt should break in just right after 20 - 30 min. of running it in.
thanks Francis M i will try the shims for the front belt, i have also heard that the upgraded alu pulleys are smaller than the plastic standard pulleys that are supplied with the kit,if this is true the upgraded pulleys will slacken the belts aswell, but i am not to sure if this statement is correct. Anybody using the alu pulleys on their cars please let me know if it has slackened the belts.
The pulleys are listed on the ho bao web site but with no info.http://www.hobao.com.tw http://www.hobao.com.tw/EN/about.asp

Last edited by pvmpdavis1; 01-22-2006 at 12:59 AM.
pvmpdavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:53 AM   #169
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpx4-slo
i have a gpx4-pro with os donk and won nitro-b. in my first ever race season as a serious racer .if you ask me mtx4 is just a copy of the hobao.

hahaha your either blind or kidding

p.s i have both.
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:10 AM   #170
Tech Rookie

Default I DONT THINK SO

I doubt very much that GPX-SLO is kidding due to the reason that mtx-3 had a stubbie fule tank and the gpx-pro has a longer tank with the flat battery pack that sits under it it is the same on the mtx-4 as the fule tank has changed from a stubbie tank to a long tank that sits over the battery back that also happens to be the exact same as the gpx pro
Alfa Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:13 PM   #171
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mykel chua

i got a GPX4 pro kit from the LHS a month ago. What attracted me was the price of not just the kit but the parts as well. Parts support is fantastic here in the PI with the parts being just one message away. Assembling the kit was a bit hard since some of the parts were hard to fit, and modifications had to be done to free up the drive train. After doing such, I tested the car out at the local track and what convinced me that it a competitive car was that it came at par with the RRR which was ran against it. Well maybe for the Pros it might be a different matter but to newbies, its a good deal to get this car. You learn from it(although its learning the hard way) and its easy on the budget racer.

Oh yeah, i paired the car with an OSTR and s9451 steering servo. What throttle servo would you guys advice?
mykel chua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:42 PM   #172
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykel chua
Oh yeah, i paired the car with an OSTR and s9451 steering servo. What throttle servo would you guys advice?
What servo's does your lhs have available? I currently run a s9451 for both the throttle and steering servo. If you are on a budget you can virtually run any standard servo you want for throttle. I recommend getting a servo with a descent amount of torque and speed that you want to afford, the more the better. A friend of mine recommended 2 digial servos to me because of response time and torque and all I can say it I will never run with out it. If you decide to go with running 2 digital servos just make sure you keep your batteries recharged between runs.
three50zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:14 AM   #173
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by three50zx
What servo's does your lhs have available? I currently run a s9451 for both the throttle and steering servo. If you are on a budget you can virtually run any standard servo you want for throttle. I recommend getting a servo with a descent amount of torque and speed that you want to afford, the more the better. A friend of mine recommended 2 digial servos to me because of response time and torque and all I can say it I will never run with out it. If you decide to go with running 2 digital servos just make sure you keep your batteries recharged between runs.
if i had an 1100mah battery pack for the receiver, i still need to charge em up after runs?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:49 AM   #174
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykel chua
if i had an 1100mah battery pack for the receiver, i still need to charge em up after runs?
You should be able to get a full days of running off of one charge. On a race day I'll charge the battery for qualifying and then recharge them for the main.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:32 AM   #175
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Verano
You should be able to get a full days of running off of one charge. On a race day I'll charge the battery for qualifying and then recharge them for the main.
okei sir. thanks for the tip. Theres a big race coming here in our town so i could surely use that tip,
Old 01-27-2006, 09:00 AM   #176
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to chrisman Send a message via Yahoo to chrisman

Have anyone tried or make a diff for the frt?.
So far after running this car since I got it, the drive train still fairly tight.(drags...) but all bearings are fine.
Belts are worn in but still tight be nice if the frt diff pulley is adjustable.
Brakes are awesome thanks to the vented disk.
Some how we need to free this car up a tat more. Other than that car is a breeze for set ups. Next upgrades be the alloy pulleys and side brace.

Anyone ran this car with the new Orion motor or Os 12Z yet? Thinking of trying a new motor.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #177
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisman
Have anyone tried or make a diff for the frt?.
So far after running this car since I got it, the drive train still fairly tight.(drags...) but all bearings are fine.
Belts are worn in but still tight be nice if the frt diff pulley is adjustable.
Brakes are awesome thanks to the vented disk.
Some how we need to free this car up a tat more. Other than that car is a breeze for set ups. Next upgrades be the alloy pulleys and side brace.

Anyone ran this car with the new Orion motor or Os 12Z yet? Thinking of trying a new motor.
im using a front (non one way) diff. I had to do some modifications on the car to free up the drivetrain. I thinks its found here on the first or second page of this thread.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:31 PM   #178
Tech Apprentice

Hi folks,

Is this car more comparable to the MTX3 or MTX4 in performance? I'm soon to be in the market for a Touring car and I don't know if it is just worth it to get a MTX4 at its current price, or save some money by buying a GPX4.

My old car is an MTX3 which is pretty much stock except for aluminum bracers on the chassis.

Thanks in advance for the advise.
Hammer0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:36 AM   #179
Tech Rookie

Default engine

dont worrie about any other motors th os tz12 is best suided for this car with ample power i think no other motor will compare and suit the car like a 0s tz12
Alfa Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:00 AM   #180
Tech Apprentice

Default Caoparison

The GPX-4 is more comparable to the MTX-4 as far as the fuel tank and battery lay-out, but the GPX-4 has lower CG.

The MTX-4 has beter balance, smoother drivetrain and a fast free-wheel even off-throtle. However, it is also more difficult to get a good set-up and has a tendency to oversteer (loose rear end) after 12 to 15 mins of run during race finals.

GPX-4 may be a fraction of a second slower on the inside but more consistent even on 30-45 runs. It's also easier to set-up. Runs at par when drive train belt loosening fixes are made. Cheaper parts is just a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer0412
Hi folks,

Is this car more comparable to the MTX3 or MTX4 in performance? I'm soon to be in the market for a Touring car and I don't know if it is just worth it to get a MTX4 at its current price, or save some money by buying a GPX4.

My old car is an MTX3 which is pretty much stock except for aluminum bracers on the chassis.

Thanks in advance for the advise.
asar is offline   Reply With Quote