R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #46
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That car looks fast!
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
SMC, Max Amps, LRP, Poseidon Motors, Cordova Research Motors, Xceed.
Evo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:45 AM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default New RX8

New RX8 -- almost complete! still need to put together the clutch and finish the electronics! what spares and options are good to have guys? prices seem crazy high... it seems to be cheaper just to buy another kit!

RC America / XRAY / HUDY / KoPropo / Team EA Motorsports / AVID RC / RSD / ReflexRacing.net
gocoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Congrats on the ride Justin
Old 06-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocoogs View Post
New RX8 -- almost complete! still need to put together the clutch and finish the electronics! what spares and options are good to have guys? prices seem crazy high... it seems to be cheaper just to buy another kit!

Justin turn that throttle servo around
Old 06-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #50
Tech Regular

does anyone know the final drive for the Xray?? On another note can the NT1 gears fit on the 2014 8th scale??
Old 07-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STPN View Post
does anyone know the final drive for the Xray?? On another note can the NT1 gears fit on the 2014 8th scale??
Sorry for the delayed response but you certainly can fit the NT1 gears on the new RX8
OnRDPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #52
Tech Master

So I finally got the chance to race the car this weekend. Had some inital struggles but come the main time the car was almost where I would have liked it finishing third. Here are a couple notes I had for new comers with this vehicle.

-Stock gears are too small for large tracks. I ended up alternating to 19/58 1st gear and 25/55 for second gear. The new transmission is soo smooth and is a noticeable improvement in my opinion.
-In order to get the best possible gear mesh you will need to grind down the rear bulkhead a little by the front of the left rear bulkhead where the large bearing is next to the side pulley. There are two bumps on the bulkhead (assuming for strengthening) but they stop the engine from getting optimal gear mesh. Remove these and you will be able to get it. Also on my engine block I dremeled out the holes by an additional 1mm to allow for a little additional movement. Not a have to but a suggestion.
-With the smaller gears it places the engine further back and something I did in order to get better weight transfer was run a longer wheelbase in the rear opposed to the short wheelbase I ran on the old car.
-I was hoping for softer rear springs for the rear of the car (kit says 5.0 is the softest but you can get the old red springs from what I hear to get a softer spring rate) so I ended up having a spare 4.5 pair of springs from the old short shocks and managed to make it work with the new long shocks.

I hope this helps out some people. Let me know if I didn't explain something clear enough and I will just take a couple snapshots and go from there.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:14 AM   #53
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How does the car feel vs the 2013 spec? Does it still run the reverse clutch setup? Is definitely a mad sexy ride
Giant655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:03 AM   #54
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant655 View Post
How does the car feel vs the 2013 spec? Does it still run the reverse clutch setup? Is definitely a mad sexy ride
The car has a slight off power push on corner entry, but I plan on having that fixed by next weekend with using hard rear arms on the car. Early on I was having a little struggle with the car and setup, but mainly because there are quite a few geometry changes on the car. By end of day I was able to get it where I wanted and being consistent and predictable.

Still runs the reverse clutch setup on the car and works very well. A major change is the weight of the clutch bell. I didn't put it on a scale but it definitely feels a lot lighter than the older clutch bell.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #55
Tech Regular

Im running 13' spec and have been having the same handling issues, that off power push that kills corner speed
Old 07-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #56
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

post your set up? i will try to help you if you want!

RC America / XRAY / HUDY / KoPropo / Team EA Motorsports / AVID RC / RSD / ReflexRacing.net
gocoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocoogs View Post
post your set up? i will try to help you if you want!
At work now but ill get to you early tomorrow!
Old 07-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #58
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant655 View Post
Im running 13' spec and have been having the same handling issues, that off power push that kills corner speed
So a couple things I would advise for the off power push would be to get hard front and rear bulkheads along with hard front arms. This will help the car out quite a bit. Also which body are you running and how far front foward are you running it?

If you are running the Protoform PFR18 you need to be running the front 23-25 mm forward from the front edge of the bumper. The alternate body I would recommend is the matrix precut lightweight body.

When you post a setup I might give a couple mroe recommendations for you.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:21 AM   #59
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnRDPassion View Post
So a couple things I would advise for the off power push would be to get hard front and rear bulkheads along with hard front arms. This will help the car out quite a bit. Also which body are you running and how far front foward are you running it?

If you are running the Protoform PFR18 you need to be running the front 23-25 mm forward from the front edge of the bumper. The alternate body I would recommend is the matrix precut lightweight body.

When you post a setup I might give a couple mroe recommendations for you.
Hard bulkheads and arms? Theres a harder plastic? Or are you meaning aluminum? Im running the P909 body, ill get you measurements yeah. I do have the matrix body on the way oddly enough! Sorry to hijack the new car thread with last years car. Nice to get feedback. Track im racing at, im the fastest xray there, and im only about .3-6 a second off the fastest guys pace so every bit helps
Old 07-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #60
Tech Regular

Okay, let me know if I missed anything, still have a lot of things set to manual/stock specs.
Shocks; 600 wt f/r
Springs 7.5/5.0 f/r
Shock holes 4 (1.1mm) f/r
Ride height 8/8.5mm f/r
Toe -1.5/-2 f/r
Camber -3/-2 f/r
Short wheelbase
Stock width
Caster; stock
Roll center; stock setting/high eccentric bushings f/r
Eccentric bushings; stock (forward and up) f/r
Shock hole mounting; stock. Is hard to get an accurate measurement on the bumper length because of an indent on the body there, but from the center of the bumper (where it has the molded indent) I got about 28 mm, and like I said im running the p909