nitro TC3 - looking for all advice

Like Tree2Likes

nitro TC3 - looking for all advice

Old 04-26-2014, 11:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

After keeping a close eye on this thread, I was inspired to dust off my Nitro TC3. Last time I raced one seriously would have been 2002, ran it last night at normal club meeting. Qualified P4 out of 13 entries, final didn't go to plan in the end and it is only the second time I have raced this year since October. Pace was close to personnel bests I set last year with HotBodies R10 which I find encouraging.

Did get some high gear wear with about 45 minutes track time on them, but this wasn't helped by clutch bell coming loose early on and adding some marks to them.

Andrew
Wow Andrew. I was reminiscing with Dave Langan about the NTC3's domination of Gas Tourer on Friday. I think they would still be very competitive against the newer belt drive chassis. Let me know if you ever decide to sell it.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtez
Wow Andrew. I was reminiscing with Dave Langan about the NTC3's domination of Gas Tourer on Friday. I think they would still be very competitive against the newer belt drive chassis. Let me know if you ever decide to sell it.
Lol... Think your right Terry, maybe you and Kerry N should join me enjoy . I do enjoy driving it more and not loosing speed as quickly when you get off the gas like newer belt cars. If I stick with it, was thinking will need to acquire more bits to keep me going. But will keep your offer in mind
Old 04-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

window shopping for a newer chassis..

suggestions?

lots of good things i hear about xray..
Old 04-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

See if you can dig up an Integy 7075 chassis for your NTC3, maybe try to trim a bit more weight over all and just run it and have fun. They were awesome back in the day, and mine still is great and I love knowing that I can get parts for it. The NT1 is a great car these day's, but anything in the top category is. The HB R10, V1R4, Serpent 747, and even the MTX-5. A really a great place to learn about your choices is right here on RCtech in the nitro onroad fourm. Before you make a choice I'd check with your LHS to see if they stock parts for what your intrested in, or if they can get them in a timely fashion, because the fastest, nicest car is useless to you sitting on your work bench broken
Old 04-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ok joining the ranks of the NTC3. Picked one up used off Craigslist cheap spent the day taking it apart and cleaning it and replacing the chassis. It came with a new one.
After I figure how to post pics I'll attach a few to the thread.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

I shaved my arm mounts to the chassis to lower the roll Center in both front&rear.... It made a big difference in handling...
Old 04-30-2014, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zakariah
window shopping for a newer chassis..

suggestions?

lots of good things i hear about xray..
Why.... I am faster with my NTC3 then my Xray NT1, but am slightly quicker with my HB R10. At the moment I prefer NTC3 as easy to work on.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...parts-lot.html
Old 04-30-2014, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Photo try

Trying from iPhone. Think this is gonna work. This is fresh after tear down and chassis swap. Looking forward to running her.
Attached Thumbnails nitro TC3 - looking for all advice-image.jpg  
Old 04-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by uh60
Trying from iPhone. Think this is gonna work. This is fresh after tear down and chassis swap. Looking forward to running her.
Looks good, are they GPM rear drive cup/brake discuss holder? And is so how is it holding up? I have the AE factory team alloy brake pad holder, worried about a lot of alloy and heat transfer with the bearings in this area.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

I am not sure....it came with a bunch of extra parts, I swaped in the alloy disc brake holder just because I thought it looked better. You have a good point about heat transfer. I didn't think about heat transfer to the bearings. I will have to keep an eye on that.
I did notice some wear on the alloy part of the cv-dogbone part. Does anybody have an opinion on the composite dog bones they make?
Haven't ran it yet but I noticed a lot weight basis to the left side because of the motor. Are people adding weight to the right side to make the handling neutral?
I plan on racing this in a NASCAR class so it will probably work to my benifit for oval.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

few more pics during the tear down

Took me a good day to complete.....lots of cleaning....still getting the dirt out from under my nails. Oh well you gotta like the wrenching in this hobby too!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by uh60
I am not sure....it came with a bunch of extra parts, I swaped in the alloy disc brake holder just because I thought it looked better. You have a good point about heat transfer. I didn't think about heat transfer to the bearings. I will have to keep an eye on that.
I did notice some wear on the alloy part of the cv-dogbone part. Does anybody have an opinion on the composite dog bones they make?
Haven't ran it yet but I noticed a lot weight basis to the left side because of the motor. Are people adding weight to the right side to make the handling neutral?
I plan on racing this in a NASCAR class so it will probably work to my benifit for oval.
UH60: I thought the composite drive shafts are from the electric TC3 rather then the NTC3. I would recommend the steel ones from the RTR as they will wear longer.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

nice car uh60

i finally got mine back on the road today. a new shock tower and set of wheels helped.. lol

hope everyones having a good weekend, pics tomorrow of crashed car, and newly rebuilt car. glad i didnt have my good body on when that tire blew out...
Old 05-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

having an issue steering. and i had this issue from day one, not just after this wreck.

the servo arm is hitting the radio tray when i try to turn left.. is the servo arm adjustable? if i adjust it so it clears for the full range of steering, will it throw off my alignment?

or should i cut a notch in the tray? lol.. i know cutting and r/c dont mix very well.. generally leads to more $$$ being spent XD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.