Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
2014 1/10 IC 200mm World Championships - HUGE RC Thailand >

2014 1/10 IC 200mm World Championships - HUGE RC Thailand

2014 1/10 IC 200mm World Championships - HUGE RC Thailand

Old 11-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

That's really sad that they don't recognize that race even though were attended by a lot of serious fast drivers with 2 time world champion Michael Salven and future world champion Ralph Burch.
Everyone knows that the 2009 off-road ifmar race was a total joke anyway won by martin achter.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
Just wondering why they keep mentioning this as the 6th running of the 1:10 200mm World Championships. This is currently the 7th time they organized the race in which was first won by Mark Pavidis in 2002 which is also the last running of the 235mm class @ Hamilton, Ohio.
Simply This event was always a non sanctioned ifmar event. From memory it it may have been called the world cup
Old 11-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jessie Davis is sitting in 3rd. Watch this guy ��
Old 11-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

The 2002 was not an IFMAR World Championship - it was a World Cup. IFMAR will typically host a World Cup event prior to a class being granted World Championship status. The same happened in 2000 for Electric Touring Car - won by David Spashett, but not counted amongst his World titles. In both cases, the World Cup event was successful, so 2 years later, a full WC comes into being.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Dario Ballestri's rear wing overhang

The great part of this chamionship being grippy is no additive controversy. Action so far has been free practise, so rules aren't super important yet, but Dario's rear wing is quite clearly overhanging the rear bumper by more than 10mm. I reread the rules and 10mm is maximum overhang. The sideplate dimensions are 35mm x 50mm, so his is overhanging by ~30mm. I wish Dario (a great driver) and other drivers a great meeting, but that needs to be scrutineered and fixed ASAP. I also don't understand how this would happen by accident or oversight with experienced teams/drivers when this quite obvious.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 1/10 IC 200mm World Championships - HUGE RC Thailand-image.jpg  

Last edited by Callisto; 11-10-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Sideplate dimension correction.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Callisto
The great part of this chamionship being grippy is no additive controversy. Action so far has been free practise, so rules aren't super important yet, but Dario's rear wing is quite clearly overhanging the rear bumper by more than 10mm. I reread the rules and 10mm is maximum overhang. The diagonal sideplate length is 50mm, so his is overhanging by ~30mm. I wish Dario (a great driver) and other drivers a great meeting, but that needs to be scrutineered and fixed ASAP. I also don't understand how this would happen by accident or oversight with experienced teams/drivers when this quite obvious.

OMG how could they let that happen, he even has the antenna sticking up thru the body, there has to be a rule against that too...

The wing itself looks legal to me but the side dams are a bit far back, not sure how the rules are written for those. It really doesn't matter what we think since we're not there racing unless you are and your just trying to cause an issue. First and only post, I wonder...

Blis, thanks for your posts it makes me wish I had gone but then when you mention the heat and humidity I'm glad I didn't.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if they don't enforce the rules, it becomes local race with international drivers. hope someone will realize the violation, rectify it proactively without being informed from others.
this race and its rules should be strictly applied.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Here is a picture of Meen's wing in a similar angle for comparison:
Attached Thumbnails 2014 1/10 IC 200mm World Championships - HUGE RC Thailand-image.jpg  
Old 11-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here is a picture of Meen's wing in a similar angle for comparison:
Meen's wing is overhanging forward about the same much.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

The great part of this chamionship being grippy is no additive controversy. Action so far has been free practise, so rules aren't super important yet, but Dario's rear wing is quite clearly overhanging the rear bumper by more than 10mm. I reread the rules and 10mm is maximum overhang. The sideplate dimensions are 35mm x 50mm, so his is overhanging by ~30mm. I wish Dario (a great driver) and other drivers a great meeting, but that needs to be scrutineered and fixed ASAP. I also don't understand how this would happen by accident or oversight with experienced teams/drivers when this quite obvious.
But you also need to look at total length which is 460mm as long as it does not exceed the length which it looks to be even with the rear bumper
Old 11-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jorge858
Meen's wing is overhanging forward about the same much.
There is no rule preventing forward placement other than the basic requirement to situate the wing according to manufacturer and homologation recommendations. It is strictly the rear overhang of the rear wing over the rear bumper that is formally regulated.

The rules are located at the ifmar website under the rules tab for 200mm.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is there any live timing yet
Old 11-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Bring back RC Racing Tv.... not heard a thing about the broadcast from LiveRC and it doesn't get a mention on their website only mentioned it on twitter to say it was to commence today.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Bring back RC Racing Tv.... not heard a thing about the broadcast from LiveRC and it doesn't get a mention on their website only mentioned it on twitter to say it was to commence today.
Hahaha Andrew remember last time these guys did it took a day to get it all fired up Mutch to the amusement of the aaa paid ppl hope it comes on soon but not holding my breath and yes I've paid bonus lap again this time but they won't get my money next time if they fail again to keep to their timed practice commitment
Old 11-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cavey
Hahaha Andrew remember last time these guys did it took a day to get it all fired up Mutch to the amusement of the aaa paid ppl hope it comes on soon but not holding my breath and yes I've paid bonus lap again this time but they won't get my money next time if they fail again to keep to their timed practice commitment
Cavey:

I hope your Bundy's don't get warm while you wait

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.