R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-14-2002, 07:51 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Default Servo Buzzing?

Hi guys, need some advise!

I just installed a Futaba 9420 servo on my car. But whenever i turn on the car, it constantly emits a buzzing sound even when its at centre. Is that normal? If not what should i look out for?

Thanks!

Jeff
Pirvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 08:15 PM   #2
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10
Default Re: Servo Buzzing?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirvan
Hi guys, need some advise!

I just installed a Futaba 9420 servo on my car. But whenever i turn on the car, it constantly emits a buzzing sound even when its at centre. Is that normal? If not what should i look out for?

Thanks!

Jeff
Assume you have a digital servo right? if you are then the buzzing sound is normal when you turn your steering wheel! but it is not normal when it is center! your servo saver must be too tight and binding the housing of the servo!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 08:26 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Default NOt Digital

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply,

Neah, the servo is not digital. And the buzzing sound occurs even when centred. When you say that the servo saver is bind too tightly....do you mean that the screw connecting the servo to the saver is too tight? or the servo saver is too tight for the servo?

The previous servo on the car was a Hitec one, I tried to pull the servo saver (plug?) out to put in the Futaba one, but couldn't so i just put the HItec one in. Any advise on how to get the (plugs?) out of the servo saver?

Thanks
Jeff
Pirvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 11:17 PM   #4
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Assuming you have the Kyosho, Serpent, Mugen type saver with the inserts for different servos......just use a small blade screwdriver and gently prise it out going around the edge of the insert.....

You can check by removing your saver from the servo and see if it still buzzes.....
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 02:35 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default Re: NOt Digital

I've got these servo's for steering and throttle and they have been making this sound for the last 2 years. This sound shouldn't be occurring when the servo's are centered, so as mention, there could be some type of pressure being but put the servo.

BTW, the Hitec and Futaba servos have different tooth numbers, so Im not sure what your trying to do

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirvan
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply,

Neah, the servo is not digital. And the buzzing sound occurs even when centred. When you say that the servo saver is bind too tightly....do you mean that the screw connecting the servo to the saver is too tight? or the servo saver is too tight for the servo?

The previous servo on the car was a Hitec one, I tried to pull the servo saver (plug?) out to put in the Futaba one, but couldn't so i just put the HItec one in. Any advise on how to get the (plugs?) out of the servo saver?

Thanks
Jeff
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote