R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2014, 05:42 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 25
Default Ofna force .32 engine + kyosho gt2 roller chassis=?

Hey guys,
I have been an avid offroader with buggies and truggies, now my friends want me drag racing so I'm trying to throw something together. I have a Kyosho GT2 roller chassis, and I have access to either an LRP .28, or either a ofna force .28 and a ofna force .32 . I haven't ever tried Ofnas Force .32 but I know the .28 is a pretty dag gone strong engine. What is everyone's thoughts on this roller I'm putting together? I haven't really had a 2 speed before, so picking the right motor is exactly what I need.
Thanks for the help guys!
csrozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrozier View Post
Hey guys,
I have been an avid offroader with buggies and truggies, now my friends want me drag racing so I'm trying to throw something together. I have a Kyosho GT2 roller chassis, and I have access to either an LRP .28, or either a ofna force .28 and a ofna force .32 . I haven't ever tried Ofnas Force .32 but I know the .28 is a pretty dag gone strong engine. What is everyone's thoughts on this roller I'm putting together? I haven't really had a 2 speed before, so picking the right motor is exactly what I need.
Thanks for the help guys!
For drag racing I think the Force .28 is better than the .32. (more rpm)
The .32 has a lot of torque but does not like high rpm
D Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
xrayracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Under your bed.
Posts: 1,186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I think you'll have more luck with the LRP .28
__________________
Gavin.

Converting nitro to electric is utter blasphemy.
xrayracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayracer1 View Post
I think you'll have more luck with the LRP .28
Man y'all both make great points! But I have an UPDATE!
Like a year and a half ago when the Kyosho Inferno GT2 Race Spec came out, I bought one brand new. I didn't keep it long and ended up selling it for an awesome amount of money. Well today when I went to the hobby shop I randomly ran into the guy who bought the car - turns out he drove it right after I left and I warned him it was fast (I had a LRP 28 on it actually) but you can't tell someone not to do something because you know. there going to do it. Anyways, I left and he cranked the car, drove it about 30 minutes steadily getting a bit more brave and more, steadily pushing that envelope. He ran the car into the tire of a freakin MINIVAN. So damage was it ripped the front right tire off and broke a couple of those plastic pieces as well as twisted the front dog bone. So today he told me this and said "I got the parts, I just haven't fixed it, you ever think you may wanna buy it back?" I obviously said F#@K yea! and gave him 120 for the chassis without the LRP, and the Aston Martin Vanquish licensed body (I told him I would kill him if he scratched that thing when I sold it, got it back and it was golden! haha). It was a great day. I sold the Force motors and now have 2 LRP motors, both 28s, so I guess that's going to have to go on till I can find a Nova. That's what I really want bad.
csrozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
xrayracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Under your bed.
Posts: 1,186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrozier View Post
Man y'all both make great points! But I have an UPDATE!
Like a year and a half ago when the Kyosho Inferno GT2 Race Spec came out, I bought one brand new. I didn't keep it long and ended up selling it for an awesome amount of money. Well today when I went to the hobby shop I randomly ran into the guy who bought the car - turns out he drove it right after I left and I warned him it was fast (I had a LRP 28 on it actually) but you can't tell someone not to do something because you know. there going to do it. Anyways, I left and he cranked the car, drove it about 30 minutes steadily getting a bit more brave and more, steadily pushing that envelope. He ran the car into the tire of a freakin MINIVAN. So damage was it ripped the front right tire off and broke a couple of those plastic pieces as well as twisted the front dog bone. So today he told me this and said "I got the parts, I just haven't fixed it, you ever think you may wanna buy it back?" I obviously said F#@K yea! and gave him 120 for the chassis without the LRP, and the Aston Martin Vanquish licensed body (I told him I would kill him if he scratched that thing when I sold it, got it back and it was golden! haha). It was a great day. I sold the Force motors and now have 2 LRP motors, both 28s, so I guess that's going to have to go on till I can find a Nova. That's what I really want bad.
Nova engines are awesome. You could always sell your LRP .28's and put the money towards that Novarossi.
__________________
Gavin.

Converting nitro to electric is utter blasphemy.
xrayracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:55 PM   #6
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 25
Default

The more I read and just hear the name novarossi the more I feel like I just got to go out and get it. I have the money to get one in the upper 200s to 300 maybe mid 300s for a motor..need to pick a good one for my inferno though with 2 gears..
csrozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:16 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net