R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-21-2005, 02:23 PM   #76
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Last edited by Marcos.J; 09-24-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:38 PM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
If serpent only has 75 pieces available and mugen doesnt have any (in the U.S.), what about the other racers? Serpent is about the only distributor that has them , are you going to have enough to cover the rest of the racers? are you going to offer refunds for those that cant find one? If is the track requirement is it the race directors responsability to make sure that he has enough to supply every racer? just like in Worlds for electric when they required a specific tire and the they supply it. Not to be a pain and I really dont care if you get upset but 75 pieces is not good enough to have at the track you should have enough for every registered racer.
Serpent USA is going to have plenty of INS Box. The Organizer request 75 pcs fo them. We will have enough qty available thru our commercial network.

Serpent USA
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:42 PM   #78
Super Moderator

Old 09-21-2005, 02:53 PM   #79
Tech Regular

Important announcement!!!!!

All racers attending the event will be required to run an INS box on their outlaw and 1/8th car.. The golf course that our track is adjacent to has advised Kissimmee RC Raceway that the noise will need to be lowered and have forced us to scramble to make this decision.. This is something I tried to prepare us for but ROAR did not think it was neccesary but now it is required by the leasor of the property....

We have contacted Serpent USA and they have extended out a helping hand by selling the INS boxes and we will pass that price on to the racers.. We will have 75 pieces available so anyone who needs one will need to contact us.... Any on-road INS box from Serpent or Mugen will be allowed.

Please do not call Serpent USA as they do not sell to the public!!!!!!!

Please do not think we will not require them.. You will not practice or race without one....Email us at [email protected] for questions

NO PAYPAL
KissRcRaceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:33 PM   #80
Tech Adept

hello marcos.j

i dont know who you have been calling but we have had them in stock for sometime now

www.acehardwarehobbies.com

we buy them from serpent, mugen and sigmatrading company and if you spend more time calling around and less time complaining on the forums here you will probably find quite a few serious mail order places do carry these.

did you try ashford hobbies, ultimate hobbies, acehardwarehobbies, and thats just to name a few off the top of my head.

good luck

kevin
dremelboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:51 PM   #81
Super Moderator

Old 09-21-2005, 05:57 PM   #82
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dremelboy
hello marcos.j

i dont know who you have been calling but we have had them in stock for sometime now

www.acehardwarehobbies.com

we buy them from serpent, mugen and sigmatrading company and if you spend more time calling around and less time complaining on the forums here you will probably find quite a few serious mail order places do carry these.

did you try ashford hobbies, ultimate hobbies, acehardwarehobbies, and thats just to name a few off the top of my head.

good luck

kevin
wow look at that there it is!!!

http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2....oducts_id=5766
Old 09-21-2005, 05:57 PM   #83
Tech Regular

Dremelboy--I had heard of the website but I had never gone there... It is an excellent online shop... I like the new lost cost 1/8th bodies they have for 17.99...... Wow that is great....

I know that before I went to Italy for the worlds I bought two INS boxes form Ashford Hobbies... That is also a good hobby shop...

Serpent USA is doing a great job supporting our track and Robbie C. at mugen is also doing all he can to make it happen...
Old 09-21-2005, 06:22 PM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I called bought one from Ashford as soon as I read this today Robert had two left and is looking into getting more.

I'm sure many other shops stock them. Winner's Circle, Halo Hobbies, Nitrohouse, etc....

Heck..... you could probably find some on ebay!!
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissRcRaceway

This is something I tried to prepare us for but ROAR did not think it was neccesary

Please do not think we will not require them.. You will not practice or race without one....
Please contact Mike Queller at [email protected] and Rick Wilson at [email protected] regarding this track rule being imposed for Excomm conversations related to this post.

ROAR will support your efforts and request you have several to loan or rent out to those unable to obtain this piece of equipment to maintain the integrity of the great event you have organized.

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR Promotions Director
member, Excomm
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:34 PM   #86
Tech Adept

i am sure within the next 2 or 3 weeks you will see some of the more racer oriented shops stocking these, especially ones that support 1/8th onroad and 1/10 onroad sedan and outlaw.

serpent has been doing a fantatic job at parts support and as a shop that has purchased quite a few of them within the last few weeks i can say pretty confidently that by the time of the nationals there will be ins boxes a plenty.

best of luck to all of those attending and prticipating

kevin
dremelboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:11 AM   #87
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissRcRaceway

All racers attending the event will be required to run an INS box on their outlaw and 1/8th car.. The golf course that our track is adjacent to has advised Kissimmee RC Raceway that the noise will need to be lowered and have forced us to scramble to make this decision.. This is something I tried to prepare us for but ROAR did not think it was neccesary but now it is required by the leasor of the property....

L
I may be out of line here since I'm not attending the Nats but i'm just curious why a golf course adjacent to the track has the stroke to make noise decisions about the race. If nothing else, I would say the race track has some bargining room here ......."yes Mr Golfcourse, we will have our racers use INS boxes to reduce noise if and only if you install perimeter nets around your course to protect our racers and their property from errant sliced golf balls that may venture from the course .".....
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:29 AM   #88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

it's my understanding that the golf course is also the lanlord of the property that the track is on.....
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:32 AM   #89
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to frank13

I am just curious, what exactly does an ins box do. Does that really lower the overall sound of my car. If it does, and doesnt kill performance cool, even for running in my own neighborhood. Sorry for the low tech question, but i have never had any experience with one.

Thanks
frank13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #90
Tech Regular

We have contacted Serpent USA and they have extended out a helping hand by selling the INS boxes and we will pass that price on to the racers.. We will have 75 pieces available so anyone who needs one will need to contact us.... Any on-road INS box from Serpent or Mugen will be allowed.

Please do not call Serpent USA as they do not sell to the public!!!!!!!

Please do not think we will not require them.. You will not practice or race without one....Email us at [email protected] for questions

NO PAYPAL