R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-10-2005, 02:33 PM   #436
Tech Master

Thank you.

A lot of people tried very hard. In racing there is only one winner. That doesn't decide what is best. Just best that day.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #437
Buyer Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Thank you.

A lot of people tried very hard. In racing there is only one winner. That doesn't decide what is best. Just best that day.
Very true Rich....
HELLOkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #438
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
the Evolva is really doing good,and that Delta is great too...
what ever happened to that beginner car ,the power racing products car, XR8?
There all good! But, that XR8 is not my cup of tea. If someone is gonna start off wth a car is should b Mugen,Kyosho/Delta or Serpent. Put the XR8 in Toys R Us, where it blongs!

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:55 PM   #439
Tech Fanatic

Default Hi Guys

Well, back at the office but recovering from the after Wilma disaster (in our case, a Modem, a Router, a couple of back up UPS and a Server) Well, anyway, i think we are lucky considering what other people is going thru.

I really enjoy the event. The Kissimme crew didi an excellent job. Thanks to Raf and Kevin for all the hard work and already looking forward to drive again in one of my favorites US tracks.

I will really like to thanks the entire Serpent Team for the excellent job, all the drivers, mechanics, etc. Thanks to Michael for coming and sharing his knowledge.
For us, seven cars in the 1/8 scale final and six in the Outlaw is a pretty good result and a sign that things are improving.

Congratulations to Mike, a really well deserved title, for sure the fastest at this event. Congratulations also to Josh (we had fun ), TQ in both classes and Outlaw Champ.

Team Mugen did also an outstanding job, very well done. Harry, what can i say... you da man!!

Team Empire was as always very well prepared and congrats to Scott and Rich for the excellent performance.

For sure i am missing someone, but anyway, thanks for sharing a very competitive and exciting week of racing.

Thanks to all for the comments on this thread. Back to work and preparing for next big event

Paolo

PS: ohh, by the way, Kropy...... you will never know what i was thinking!!
Congrats also to you on the Nat's title
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #440
Tech Adept

hello paulo

i want to know what you were thinking, i bet its the same i was thinking,

call me

hahahaha
dremelboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #441
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Congrats to Paolo and Team Serpent. They had an excellent showing! The winternats are going to be very interesting! I think Serpent is going bring it home!
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #442
Buyer Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G
Congrats to Paolo and Team Serpent. They had an excellent showing! The winternats are going to be very interesting! I think Serpent is going bring it home!
thats what i am talking about!!!!
HELLOkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:06 PM   #443
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mikey must have big heels, how many laps was it?
reddishdsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #444
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
Mugen is good but Serpent is better...hehehehehe
What car won the race??????????? Where was the closest Serpent???????
Enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #445
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Paolo - Thanks, I knew you had a good sence of humor.
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #446
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default body????

Paolo,

What body did you and Josh run in outlaw 200mm. Thanks.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:17 PM   #447
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado
Huh oh, Here we go again. Is this going to turn into another Mugen vs. Serpent thread. Now all we need is a few Kyosho/Delta guys to get involved in this. LOL
Pooh,
You started it locally and know your working on the net.
Defend what yo think is best my brother!
Can't we focus discussion on just racing? Any car at that race could have won, 1/8th racing is mostly about driver's skill, mechanical skill, setup and strategy. Not many forms of RC test the endurance of man and machine than 1/8th.

Isn't it a little strange the lenght of our qualfiying sessions compared to the finals? Qualifying happens to be only 5 minutes, the lower mains are 15min, 30 min, then 1 hour long final. What if a different qualifying length, main lenght were used? What about a tripple A mains similar to 1/12th ifmar? It seems so dissappointing to see some racers lose a race because of a broken belt or a tangle with traffic.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #448
Tech Regular

Poalo Was running the Serpent GTP body for most of the race and then tried a Protoform 200mm version of the T530...

Cyrul ran Protoform body the entire time...

Mikey was awesome in this race, clearly the most experienced 1/8th racer in the USA... His Power was amazing, his car was quick and the aggressive style of driving put him over the top.. He is quite and very reserved but saying very little does not give you a good read on his knowledge of motors and clutches.. He had to pit and had an almost 5 second pit stop and still was the fastest overall time... It was out of control.... Josh was also fast but did not need a fuel stop in the five minute session......

Congratulations to Paolo for the good showing of serpent cars in the Nats.. He had new faces in the main like Ryan Rhodes who qualified 8th overall and had not attended a 1/8TH nationals before...Randy Rhodes his father did an excellent job working on his car and the kid made the main in his first two qualifiers out of the 5 qualifiers to make the show.... Poalo is developing a team with good talent like Ryans and it is paying off..

Thanks goes out to all the people who at the race gave us some great feed back and made the effort to give us newbies a hand..... We are relieved it is all over for this year..
Rafael & Kevin
KissRcRaceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #449
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissRcRaceway
Poalo Was running the Serpent GTP body for most of the race and then tried a Protoform 200mm version of the T530...

Cyrul ran Protoform body the entire time...
Thanks.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:52 AM   #450
Tech Addict

While it's certainly true that technically, any car could have won the race, I'd say that half the A-Main had a fair chance, with the other half not really having such a good chance. Of the cars that I figured did have a pretty good chance, several had mechanical problems.

Assuming all the cars in the 1/8 A-Main were set up quite well, some looked like they were working much better than others. For that matter, some of them didn't look like they were working that well at all.

It's hard to tell how much of this was due to driver, and how much was due to the car, but the feedback I've gotten from the racers backs up my thoughts that the better the car is, the easier it is for the driver to do well. It was that way in Messina as well, but even more so.

I've already gotten an article from Josh on what he did at the race (what he tried, what worked, what didn't, and so on). I'm hoping to get a similar article from Mike Swauger and Scott Kimbrow.

....and I need to add that even if one brand of car does make it "easier" to do well, that may not be the car that ends up winning. In Messina, the car that looked like it "should" have come in first at the World Championships had several "driver errors", while the eventual winner never made a single mistake. At these levels of racing, you probabably can't make any mistakes.

More later - I'm still hoping to get the other articles posted sometime next week.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote