Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NTC3 Rear Exhaust Pipe options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default NTC3 Rear Exhaust Pipe options?

Does any aftermarket company make a header and pipe for the rear exhaust NTC3? All I see is the Dual Chamber made by associated and people running stinger pipes out the back. If someone knows of other options please let me know.

THanks!
Old 09-14-2002, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you look over the last few pages in the NTC3 thread you'll see pic's of someone using a Paris ring pipe with a stock rear exhaust manifold. It too exits out the rear of the car (sort of). If you set it up like that I guess you could use any pipe. Other than that I'm afraid your options are limited. It's not a bad thing though, lots of people are TQ'ing major events with the Associated pipes.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:30 PM

I came up with the ribbed pipe and its ok but lacks some! To much pulse or something to me. I also went to a MIP stinger rear exhaust outlet and the bottom end and mid range is un real and its only half the weight and diameter of the Paris pipe. The size of the pipe and the outlet position also limits the pipe here too. Would the car be roar legal with the rear exhaust deal like mine and a roar approved pipe? BB
Old 09-15-2002, 10:40 PM
Tech Initiate

When you ran the MIP Stinger through the rear (middle)...were you able to still fit a Sedan body without cutting up the rearend (back window/trunk)?

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:10 PM

with the mip you do not have to cut the glass out but with the paris I did, I use a airplane extension and turn it down and out the back lower part of the car, Alot would depend on body styles
Old 09-17-2002, 02:27 AM
Tech Initiate

What have you guys been doing for your associated exhaust outlets because mine sprays oil all over the place? Do you guys put on your own 90 degree fitting on there? if you do what fitting do you use (trinity, MIP, etc)? and how did you mount it?

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2002, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

If your talking about the pressure port, check the OD size of your hose, it may be too small. You should be able to get by without a fitting, but if you want one some of the guys have been getting a oversized fitting from Traxxas. If you go thru the Rc10ntc3 thread the size is in there somewhere. You could also use a standard size and JB Weld it in there, I've seen a few guys do that (kind of sloppy though). If you take your pipe to your LHS they should be able to hook you up with the right size fitting.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Show us a pic of that rear exiting exhaust, bbntc3
Old 10-01-2002, 05:25 PM

Heres a pic with the paris pipe but not really a good pipe
Attached Thumbnails NTC3 Rear Exhaust Pipe options?-dsc00159.jpg  
Old 10-01-2002, 05:28 PM

I'll get some pics with the Mip stinger in a few days guys! Its simple just bend the header alittle outward in a vise then buy a ofna exhaust coupler long with about a 45 degree angle cut on one end, I'll try and get the part#, make a mounting bracket for use in the extra diff hole on the top rear diff, you can make a bracket or buy a rc10Gt pipe bracket and custom fit it. The stinger is a much better pipe for performance and the diameter makes it clear the air cleaner alot better, also buy a aircleaner extension from General Silicones they come sep. or in packs of three and atach it to the rear of the pipe. I'm using the Richey RTU and the MIP Stinger with the Proline Croud Pleaser body and it all works well, just a small notch in the rear bottom of the car for exhaust outlet. The MIP will give it unreal bottom end so gearing will also have to most likely be changed. Hope this sorta helps!!!! BB

Last edited by bbntc3; 10-01-2002 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-05-2002, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

I've been thinking what one would run like with an airplane pipe (that exits out the end of the pipe) on it.
Old 10-09-2002, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Nothing against anyone, Its your car and do with it what you please. But I would not want to be caught with something that ugly looking on my car. I don't care how much better you think it works. My Stock Tank and pipe have worked flawlessly since day one. Not to mention the weight distubution issue now.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:00 PM

2Fast4u2: Ugly car? Yea that pipe did suck the MIP stinger system is much better, and looks PRETTY! Try it you might like it! You'd be surprized how well it balances and transfers weight, not to mention the extra rear traction. You have no troubles with the stock fuel tank and pipe design? Yea right! BB

Last edited by bbntc3; 10-13-2002 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

I haven't either, bb, still running bone stock (minus the servo saver mod. . .)

Although the extra traction and weight balance is very very attractive!
Old 10-13-2002, 07:30 PM

Thats wild boomer ! I also know a few people who have no troubles. I can't figure out why some have troubles and some do not. I ran an RB x12 with minium troubles and when I installed the Richey the troubles got alot worse. You guys must be the chosen few!! Good luckracing! BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.