R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Need help Trying to find a oneway bearing for Main gear on a Hobao Hyper 10 Touring

Hi all, I'm trying to build up an old Hobao Hyper 10 touring car and have it nearly completed as a rolling chassis but i'm struggling to find a oneway bearing for the main gear. I would be very grateful for any help and advice as i've tried to find it everywere but had no luck at all and was hoping if someone on RC Tech would have one for sale or if anyone knows if i can get another one from another make of car to fit it instead. Once i have it i only need to get an engine and it's up and running again and i've acturly got enough spares for it for any damage in the near future. I've left the part number below as well as a picture of it from the manual. I look forward to any replys and would apreciate any help i can get. Thanks again and all the best.

Hobao Hyper 10 Touring car. Part No. H224262
Attached Thumbnails
Need help Trying to find a oneway bearing for Main gear on a Hobao Hyper 10 Touring-hobao-hyper-10-oneway-bearing.jpg  
hicks451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Default Possible source

If you are looking for just the bearing (roller clutch) Avid Bearing out of Texas lists quite a few sizes , if you are looking for the assembly - sorry can offer no direction.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
Tech Master

Post a photo of the part, Dimension of part. 9 out of 10 it could be just dirty. Submerge it in alcohol, to remove old oil and grease, and assemble it dry. If it work more power to you. Then maintain more often. Half a drop of MMO is enough. or just leave dry. Grease and oil attracts dirt, not good for one-ways.

Good luck!!

Photo of physical part may help finding a replacement. Manual diagram shows 2 part as the one-way.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Many thanks for your replies there much apreciated. I only need the one way bearing and not the complete assembly but sadly i haven't got the old one as that was missing when i bought the car but i dont mind buying the complete part if i can find some were that does it. I only paid a tenner for the hyper 10 touring car on ebay as a re build project getting back into the hobby after years away and i should of done more research into the car before i bought it to make sure the parts were more readerly available and i have managed to get hold of most parts and have enough to complete a second car minus the parts on the page i left and what im looking for now. Ive messured the dimentions of the oneway bearing to fit the 45T gear so hopefully that might help me find one from another manufacturer and i will leave them at the bottom of this reply so that other members might be able to help me out. I did see loads of parts marked hyper 10 before i bought it but didnt realise Hobao make other buggys that are called a hyper 10 as well. Thanks again for your help im very grateful. Many thanks hicks

10mm long
7mm or 8mm wide
6mm hole to fit assembly

Last edited by hicks451; 02-25-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
Tech Master

Try ofnawarehouse.com, search one-way. Believe 2 or 3 styles of one-ways.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the reply, Just tried the ofna site but most of them are all round and not hex and are only for pull starts To be honest i'm well suprised i can't find something to fit. A complete car minus one small part and its useless without it Thanks again
Old 02-25-2014, 03:01 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know any good UK shops that might be able to solve this problem for me? The UK sucks for RC model shops these days and living in london you would think there would be loads
Old 02-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicks451 View Post
Does anyone know any good UK shops that might be able to solve this problem for me? The UK sucks for RC model shops these days and living in london you would think there would be loads
Try CML Distribution in the U.K. They may be able to direct you I believe they distribute the Hobao brand in Europe.
D Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #9
Tech Initiate

CML distribution have them listed as in stock. part no H224262 Hyper 10 2 speed shaft and one way bearing. price 20 pounds which is about $30.
aabt.co.uk got them as well same price.
Nitro Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #10
Tech Initiate

what can i say Nitro basher!!! Your a gent and i owe you one mate!!! I've mananged to locate it on the CML website and im going to order one asap. If i can ever return the favor please let me know. Thanks again Basher and all the best mate!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:36 PM   #11
Tech Master

These are the Hyper 10 Sedan part you may look at. At ofnawarehouse.com under Car Parts, Hyper 10 Sedan.Need help Trying to find a oneway bearing for Main gear on a Hobao Hyper 10 Touring-11901.jpg

Need help Trying to find a oneway bearing for Main gear on a Hobao Hyper 10 Touring-11217.jpg
Old 02-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #12
Tech Initiate

Nice one geezatech, I apreciate the help. I managed to finaly get what i needed but thanks again and thanks to everyone who has left a reply trying to help me out im very grateful for the support!!! Well take care all and all the best!!! Hicks
Old 02-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #13
Tech Initiate

Hicks, I have a discontinued Ofna Titan twin so I am used to searching for obscure Ofna/Hobao parts its all part of the fun. A pint of "old speckled hen" next time I come home will be fine.
Nitro Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #14
Tech Initiate

LOL No probs at all basher infact i will make it 2 pints mate LOL I've checked there full list and they have everything there so from now on i should have no problems picking up all the parts i need and at least i can get spares of all the parts that are most likely to get damaged on a few runs. To be honest i would of been completely stuck without your help so i apreciate all the support you have given me!!! Well take care basher and all the best mate
Old 03-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #15
Tech Initiate

Well to say i'm pissed off is an understatment I ordered the parts from CML distribution as they said they had stock for ever part i needed but i've just looked at my emails and the order has been canceled on there side. Why have it listed as in stock but not have it in stock? What a total amature set up!!! Plus i'm now waiting for the funds to be returned to me which will take god knows how long and the total disapointment of not being able to get my Hyper 10 on the road again!!! What a load of B****X, CML Crap is what i think and will defo stay as far away from them as possible So if anyone else is thinking of useing them and think they have the parts available think twice before you buy as there's a massive chance they haven't!!! You have been warned folks!!! Well it looks like i'm back to square one again and with no chance of getting the part i need Can't beleave i'm only missing a tiny oneway bearing and the cars worth nothing without it!!!! Gutted all round!!! Even bought new wheels and shell and was ready to buy a new engine Can't Beleave i've wasted all that money because a crap company say's it has stock and it hasn't!!!!