Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray NT1 2014 Specs

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by chaos2984
yea how do people like that reverse clutch. I hear most people don't really like it they like the traditional one?
I made a race last sunday here in Brazil with my NT1 using the reverse clutch of serpent 747, red disc and it worked very well...

I like the traditional clutch but I think this new one more soft and fast in low rpm, maybe more easy to adjust too

Last edited by kaka_lima; 04-18-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

So we are going back to WC edition with a smaller 2speed and a new front middle shaft mounting system?What about the anti roll bars which cannot be adjusted and most of them are twisted out of the box?
Old 04-19-2014, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i think they are going back to regular size shocks. I saw somewhere judy said that they didn't like the 13 shocks in europe They didn't give right grip or wear with the tires. Something like that. He said that they were going back to the regular shocks. He did like that they weren't getting enough movement in the shocks. It was something around those lines to why they are going back to the regular length shocks.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Rookie

I really don΄t know what and how are the changes... if it will be like a WC edition with some changes, it sounds perfect because the car already was good. The short shocks in my opinion just work in perfect tracks without bumps, here I prefer the normal length
Old 04-20-2014, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i think they are going back to regular size shocks. I saw somewhere judy said that they didn't like the 13 shocks in europe They didn't give right grip or wear with the tires. Something like that. He said that they were going back to the regular shocks. He did like that they weren't getting enough movement in the shocks. It was something around those lines to why they are going back to the regular length shocks.
Does beg the question as to why Capricorn seem to be able to get it to work on the C02 and Xray have changed back. And what are Serpent doing with the new 748?
Old 04-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

I am just asking will the serpent clutch system work on NT-1 2014 transmission?
Old 04-21-2014, 05:14 PM
afm
Tech Master

Martin Hudy: The NT1 platform is our most successful platform since we released the car in 2007, every year we have brought out a new updated version, however for the past 8 years the platform has stayed pretty much the same with many of the parts still being fully cross-compatible. Feedback on the NT1 from customers and racers all around the world is very positive about almost anything on the car, including its durability and handling. This actually makes development more challenging when things are working so well! For 2014 the major changes are the result of the new tire rule which required me to redesign several important parts. As the car itself has been working very well I did not have it in mind to change anything with respect to the geometry. Because of the new tire rule of using larger tires with no additives, I needed to change the shocks back to long versions, redesign the chassis to make the car more stable, and improve the 2-speed transmission as well. New tire rules in the on-road class meant that I had to change the direction of development of chassis and suspension geometry which I made the year before.
Two years ago, all drivers were using additives and super-soft tires which generated a lot of traction and steering. That is why I came up with the low-profile shocks which made the car more flat and stable, and easier to drive under high-traction conditions.
However last year the tire rules changed completely as we had spec large-size tires which changed driving characteristics a lot as the spec tires were not only large but also very hard. That is why I had to concentrate on improving the steering characteristics of the car, while at the same time making sure that the car would be still easy to drive and with enough traction. With the larger tires now being used, bottom-end power was less compared to before so I had to improve on that as well with the new smaller transmission.

There are several other improvements made:

• New chassis
• New radio plate
• New fuel tank mounting system
• New center body mount
• New smaller 2-speed
• New front middle shaft mounting system
• New shock towers
• New shocks
• New battery holder
Old 04-29-2014, 11:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Car ready????

Anyone know if the car is ready??? Nothing news and now only 10 days until first race of the season.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default Shipping out

Mario Hudy has posted this on the xray forum :

The NT1'14 are shipping out, it will take some short time until they will be available by all the dealers. Official release info will be posted today. Thank you everyone for patience & support.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Rookie

The information from xray was not confirmed by store yet. I΄ll talk with them today...

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...shipping%20now!
Old 05-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default YES

Hi

Yes , I recieved my NT1 2014 yesterday , cant wait to go testing.

Got it from my local dealer and sponsor : http://xray-shop.dk , he has more cars in stock
Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi

Yes , I recieved my NT1 2014 yesterday , cant wait to go testing.

Got it from my local dealer and sponsor : http://xray-shop.dk , he has more cars in stock
Can you tell us what is different about the chassis? According to the description, its new, but I didn't notice any differences
Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael_T
Can you tell us what is different about the chassis? According to the description, its new, but I didn't notice any differences
No scratches
Old 05-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Michael_T
Hello if you can post pictures of the contents of the box would be nice
Old 05-08-2014, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

from what i can tell from photos they had to move some holes in the chassis and change the battery cover to accommodate the new front center shaft carrier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.