R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-14-2002, 09:25 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

I would sell it to you but it's a turbo button also. I purchased it at the same time as my JP Turbo. Sorry! I had to order a new non-turbo Mugen MT-12 button from my LHS, it set me back another $20. Do you have a newer short rod Nova Rossi, or the older long rod version? I have the Nova Rossi p/n for the non-turbo short rod button #28604. You must use this button on the short rod engines or the head will tighten down but the button will still be loose. If it's the older long rod version any Nova Rossi .12 button will do. Here's the Mugen p/n I purchased #28601. That p/n will probably work thru Nova Rossi direct also. Good luck!
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 09:50 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

Default CRAZY NUT RACING

I just bought a head from crazy nut last week.Got it a couple of days ago and installed it on my ofna .21 p4.Ran my buggie for a few minutes around the house.Part on the road then in the grass with the stock head first then the crazy nut head.Saw about a 70 degree drop in temp.I ran it just as hard with both heads and was so pleased.Quality is fantastic and performance is even better.You can't go wrong this head.AAA+++
kingfisherkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 10:00 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

70 degrees! Holy smokes, and I thought 30-40 was good. Glad to hear it's working for you, I recommend this guy to everyone I talk to. I was watching Worlds practice today and had a chance to talk with a few guys from Associated, I even recommended it to them!
Old 09-14-2002, 10:07 PM   #19
Tech Rookie

Default CRAZY NUT

Yeh I was amazed with the temp drop and so were my friends.Three of them are going order next week.I just can't keep quiet about a new trick that I learn.Oh well.
Old 09-14-2002, 10:30 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Me too! Just when you think "Wow, I'll never tell", then blah-blah-blah! I just think everyone deserves a good thing. Helping out your fellow racers is what it's all about.
Old 09-15-2002, 06:56 AM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by NTC3NUT
I would sell it to you but it's a turbo button also. I purchased it at the same time as my JP Turbo. Sorry! I had to order a new non-turbo Mugen MT-12 button from my LHS, it set me back another $20. Do you have a newer short rod Nova Rossi, or the older long rod version? I have the Nova Rossi p/n for the non-turbo short rod button #28604. You must use this button on the short rod engines or the head will tighten down but the button will still be loose. If it's the older long rod version any Nova Rossi .12 button will do. Here's the Mugen p/n I purchased #28601. That p/n will probably work thru Nova Rossi direct also. Good luck!

thanks for the help man! i'm not sure what's in these RB X12s, I think it's short rod though cause I remember the power band feels very different from the long rod MT12 I had. Can you send me an email with the # for your lhs? I'll call them and see if I can order the buttons through them - my lhs sucks pretty bad. Thx.

[email protected]
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 08:03 AM   #22
Tech Fanatic

You can tell short vs. long simply by looking at your piston sleeve. Does it stick out of the block with sort of a lip? Or is it recessed into the block with a flush fit? Above the block is a long rod, below the block is the short rod. My LHS is Hobby Stop West in Toledo, OH. Their phone number is 419-471-1108, ask for Bill Bridges(Team Losi driver), hes a good guy and he'll hook you up if he can. Good Luck.
Old 09-17-2002, 05:51 PM   #23
Tech Master

yo talked to the guys at your hobby shop - very cool dudes. Got the buttons on the way. thx. for the info.

Also got the crazy nut head - this thing is HUGE and still weighs in at only1.5 oz!!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 07:32 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Glad they could help. Now that I have my camera figured out I'll try to post some more pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg teamcar 002.jpg (58.4 KB, 183 views)
Old 09-20-2002, 10:42 PM   #25
Tech Rookie

Default CRAZY NUT

Guys I can't say enough about those crazy nut heads.No matter how hard I run my OFNA buggy I can't get the temp over 230 degrees.My buddy has a GS storm with a crazy nut head with even better results.These have to be some of the best heatsinks built.They are amazing.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:57 PM   #26
Tech Master

I have to second that. I COULD NOT get a JP hot today. It was incredible. Had to be an 70-80 degree difference. This thing is the best hop-up money can buy for a nitro. I could run for 5 minutes and PUT my friggin Hand on the head and hold the chassis...by the chassis! Mark my words these things will be on everybody's car in 6 months.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:08 PM   #27
Tech Rookie

Default CRAZY NUT

Was running with a friend today that has a kanai 2 with a OS rz vo1b and when we both came in to refuel we waited about a minute with the motors off. His head was still hot and mine was cool to the touch.He could not believe it.Made a believer out of him.He wants one now!!!
Old 09-22-2002, 12:50 AM   #28
Tech Rookie

NTC3NUT... is your head for a JP .12?? Got kinda confused reading your posts ( kinda new to RC) But if yours is a JP, did you have to buy anything in addition to the head to put it on your engine. Not sure what you were sayin about the button.
PremierRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 01:26 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

The JP is a Nova Rossi. The button you have on your engine is reused with the Crazy Nut head, it doesn't come with one. The only reason I changed mine was to go to a ROAR legal non-turbo plug.
Old 09-22-2002, 03:16 PM   #30
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info. I got a little confused cause i emailed crazynutracing and they told me that they didnt make a head for the jp .12... but i alwasy thought it was the same head as the nova rossi.
PremierRc is offline   Reply With Quote