Wiki Posts
Search

Motonica

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrHistory
I have long believed the 2wd 1/8 Pan Class would be great in Claifornia, particularly with the number of legendary Pan Car racers still active in SoCal, including Dana Smeltzer and Bill Jianis. I had a chance to show the WRC GT Due to both of them at the on road Nats last time I was racing in LA. They seemed excited and both showed interest in racing 2WD with us at last years GLC. If I had more time in LA I would help lead the charge to get the class up and running. Too bad I'm on the opposite coast.

If there are any of you SoCal racers interested in getting the 1/8 2wd class up and running I would be happy to work with you and help out anyway way I can. Feel free to contact me through pm or by email at our website:
www.irwinrc.com
Or on Facebook at:
Irwin Racing Concepts

Jason
Revelation Raceway is re opening with their onroad track. They will run nitro 1/8 gt, maybe they can run 2wd drive too.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm interested in buying a P81 RS3 Electron but having trouble finding a place to purchase one. A site called gintinghobbies.com supposedly sells them and I've emailed them which it took about 10 days to get a response and they said they have it but I'm just a little hesitant about purchasing online overseas! Anybody ever heard of this site or can confirm that they are legit? Also I heard the RS3 uses its predecessor's parts for replacements as only a few things have been upgraded on it. Now I'm seeing a lot of u guys saying parts are hard to come by but idk how many of u run the RS series or electron series to be exact?! Like others have stated it's only about 2 years old give or take which isn't very old in the rc world, so considering it may use 90% of the same parts as its predecessor I guess I'm asking is it worth the buy or is it that hard to find replacement parts for the RS series and not worth the headache??
Old 08-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Also, I have emailed motonica directly with no response in the last few weeks and I have tried any and all motonica links I can find to find more info about anything concerning the car, price, and parts!
Old 08-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why sink money into a kit that you might not be able to get parts for?
Why dont you get a Serpent 977e and be done with it?
Old 08-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Why sink money into a kit that you might not be able to get parts for?
Why dont you get a Serpent 977e and be done with it?
I didn't say I was going to get it for sure, I asked a few questions concerning availability and that will mostly determine my choice and If I can find a reliable retailer! Motonica is a Serpent killer that's why I don't want a Serpent plus Motonica is rare in the states compared to the other brands!
Old 08-06-2015, 10:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth1026
Also, I have emailed motonica directly with no response in the last few weeks and I have tried any and all motonica links I can find to find more info about anything concerning the car, price, and parts!
Parts are getting harder to come by. Try FUNSHOBBY.COM. They probably have some more parts. My biggest issue is the battery. I have enough parts to race my Motonica but have no rx batteries for it. May be someone can chime in and point me to the lipo/life equivalent.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

I use this LiFe battery one in my P8C
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html
Old 08-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Initiate

last i heard the owners of montonica are also the ones that run fantom ... so if you email fantom.. which i think is a electric rc focused brand you may get a answer...
Old 08-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm interested in buying a P81 RS3 Electron but having trouble finding a place to purchase one. A site called gintinghobbies.com supposedly sells them and I've emailed them which it took about 10 days to get a response and they said they have it but I'm just a little hesitant about purchasing online overseas! Anybody ever heard of this site or can confirm that they are legit? Also I heard the RS3 uses its predecessor's parts for replacements as only a few things have been upgraded on it. Now I'm seeing a lot of u guys saying parts are hard to come by but idk how many of u run the RS series or electron series to be exact?! Like others have stated it's only about 2 years old give or take which isn't very old in the rc world, so considering it may use 90% of the same parts as its predecessor I guess I'm asking is it worth the buy or is it that hard to find replacement parts for the RS series and not worth the headache??
Motonica should've replied , try emailing [email protected]
Motonica emailed me with these details as their Asia -pacific distributor and I have had some dealings with them also I think funs hobbies as someone mentioned above might be able to help. Me personally I was having the same dilemma as you about parts support and things as the local distribution has changed hands and Motonica themselves did not recommend or know of the new distributor which I believe just bought all the existing stock and wasn't bringing anythng else in as far as parts or kit so parts support would've been coming from overseas and I decided against it, I didn't want a car sitting on the shelf for months waiting on parts. There was a few locals where I'm from running the earlier Rs pro models but had since changed brands which was another deciding factor for me not having the support from the guys with experience with the cars and in general Motonica support is really a bit quiet I've found unless you're in Asia or Europe

Last edited by fizzy; 08-07-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EditOne
Parts are getting harder to come by. Try FUNSHOBBY.COM. They probably have some more parts. My biggest issue is the battery. I have enough parts to race my Motonica but have no rx batteries for it. May be someone can chime in and point me to the lipo/life equivalent.
Thanks for the info and yes they have a bunch of parts. What kind of batteries are u looking for because it doesn't run on anything specific i dont believe. Lipo is way better than life but i guess it depends if your doing speed runs or racing on track..
Old 08-13-2015, 03:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

SPM had bought up most of the parts for their chassis. That being said the Motonica parts will be harder and harder to find. If you can stock up, I recommend doing so, because short of buying a 2nd kit for spares or Flea-bay, you may not find anymore critical parts.

Being a die hard Motonica guy, having run the P8C through all it's evolutions, I have come to accept that Motonica as we once knew it, is no more, and it's time to move on. ...hello SPM
Old 08-13-2015, 03:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dear 1/8 IC Fan, have you bought a SPM? If so, will you share your findings and progress...? Would be very much appreciated!
Old 08-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnson40
Dear 1/8 IC Fan, have you bought a SPM? If so, will you share your findings and progress...? Would be very much appreciated!
Yes, I have placed an order, and am waiting on the chassis to arrive still. The SPM has the Front End from the original P8 Classic. It also shares the spur carrier, and a few other odds and ends. Although SPM has designed another simplified Spur gear that incorporates the carrier.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I didn't say I was going to get it for sure, I asked a few questions concerning availability and that will mostly determine my choice and If I can find a reliable retailer! Motonica is a Serpent killer that's why I don't want a Serpent plus Motonica is rare in the states compared to the other brands!
I own both the RS3 electron and the 977e. Motonica is sh1t compared to the Serpent. I would rather have an exceptional car than a shit rare car!
Old 08-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by James73
I own both the RS3 electron and the 977e. Motonica is sh1t compared to the Serpent. I would rather have an exceptional car than a shit rare car!
Not a true compare... The Motonica is original a gas powered car converted to electrics. The 977e is a new specially for electric designed car with only the suspension of the 977.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.