R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-15-2002, 03:19 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Last one....... I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg worlds 0072.jpg (66.4 KB, 233 views)
NTC3NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 11:07 PM   #62
Tech Apprentice

The 2wd sedans run .15 3 port non turbo motors on 16% fuel not turbo .15 the modifications aloud are very few but what you can do to the motors does produce almost as much power as the turbos. Set up is very critical on these cars and good throttle control is a must as they do not produce as much front downforce as the 4wd .15 open cars with lola bodies they are not running 18 scale 4wd as this is only a world championship for the 2wd drive class and because of low attendance due to high exchange rates for other countries the .12 touring class was added as a world cup event. I race the 2wd here in Texas and it is a very competitve class with amazing drivers. I was qualified and entered for the Worlds but due to circumstances beyond my control could not attend. I am Looking for Ralph Burch to take it all for both classes. I raced with him here in Dallas before he moved to Florida to work for Serpent if you get a chance to watch him he is amazing just soo smoooth around the track and never moves more than 1 or 2 inches off his driving line. Here at the Texas Biggie a level 3 roar event held every yeat I saw him weaving in and out of 1/8 sale carsPassing them all the way down the straight in his .12 touring car

www.kustomrc.com
Jack Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 11:29 PM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default Heat listing

Is there anyone has the heat listing for this championship?? cant find in any website, even the official site!
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 05:05 AM   #64
Tech Regular

Thanks for the pics NTCNUT. Keep em coming. I think its shame that your the only online coverage of this big event. Mytsn or Tri-State should atleast post whats going on once a day.

Where's Kenji Everyone? I want to see the mtx-3 in action.
rcpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 06:45 AM   #65
Tech Initiate

I tell you if kenji's race team dont show up Mugen I think will not have a good chance takin top ten at the worlds.
I find the Mugen USA team is not that strong they need the looong experience of the MUgen japan team of Kenji.
Im a long time Mugen driver and I hate the way Mugen promote there great cars.That I think what kills the marketing of Mugen here in the states and Canada.Poor race showing!!!!
Look how Associated promote there NTTC3.
Every Associated team driver is there!

Mugen USA wake up and rethink your marketing!!!
If one of you Mugen USA read this pass this to your boss!
Im one of your dissapointed long time Mugen customer

although Ill be buying the new MTX3
Super38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 06:51 AM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

If I can get back down there for the mains Saturday I'll take as many photos as I can. I'm not sure if I can get back in the pits. Practice was pretty open, but I think during the actuall event you need a photo ID. The Team Associated guys mentioned last Saturday that I may be able to get back in. Maybe they'll hook me up! I wish I had taken more photos last weekend, too excited I guess. Up until that point the only pro's I had seen race where Josh Cyrl & Brian Berry (not sure if I spelled that right).I show up in Cinnci and everyones a pro! Just too AWESOME, and thats just practice! Keeping my fingers crossed about next weekend. Go Associated!
Old 09-16-2002, 07:12 AM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

Guys, Here's a link to a few more photos.

http://www.myrcworld.net/events/imggal.asp?eid=611

Enjoy.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:24 AM   #68
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

Hi Guys, Go to the above link and check out photo #04. Its Barry & Alberto Picco. Can you guess what Alberto is talking to Barry about? Look close at Barrys car, the engine in particular. Yes, that is a rear exhaust Picco. Barry and Billy Easton where running them in practice. Can you believe it! Just thought you Pico fans would get a kick out of this.

Last edited by NTC3NUT; 09-16-2002 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:35 AM   #69
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Moss
[BI am Looking for Ralph Burch to take it all for both classes. I raced with him here in Dallas before he moved to Florida to work for Serpent if you get a chance to watch him he is amazing just soo smoooth around the track and never moves more than 1 or 2 inches off his driving line.
[/B]

I heard a rumor that Ralph Burch has left serpent over a contract dispute? Any validity to this? Was he in any of your pictures?
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 07:39 AM   #70
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

He's in a picture on the link I posted above wearing a Serpent shirt, carrying a Serpent car.?

http://www.myrcworld.net/events/imggal.asp?eid=611
Old 09-16-2002, 07:44 AM   #71
Tech Master

ok. lol. I can't get to those pics right now behind my firewall. I guess my source wasn't too reliable after all. lol. thx.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:22 AM   #72
Tech Apprentice

No Ralph Burch is not leaving Serpent. If you heard that it is just a rumor there is no truth to it at all. Team Mugen should have a better showing than they did at the Nationals . At the Nats they did not have enough gearing on their cars but that has be fixed and shuold not be a problem. Watch Brandon McNally he is awesome and should do much better this time. He is another one of the local guys we race with here in Texas and he has alot of talent and is very fast.Fom what I understand the team drivers from Japan will not be attending but I could be wrong

www.kustomrc.com
Jack Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 08:40 AM   #73
Tech Regular

Serpent said they would be running the 705 at the world cup. Maybe some of the guys are but if you look at the pic of Ralph and Mark,it looks as if he`s running his nat`s car. Look closely at the front wheel and you can see the dark washer and bolt that are used on the X-Ray axles he was using on the nat`s car. The rear is standard Impulse.
Can`t say as I blame him,I`d go with a proven car and setup if I were him also.
saints1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 08:41 AM   #74
Tech Master

I think the japanese nationals are going on the same time so most of the japanese guys are staying over there to duke it out.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:16 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Moss
No Ralph Burch is not leaving Serpent. If you heard that it is just a rumor there is no truth to it at all. Team Mugen should have a better showing than they did at the Nationals . At the Nats they did not have enough gearing on their cars but that has be fixed and shuold not be a problem. Watch Brandon McNally he is awesome and should do much better this time. He is another one of the local guys we race with here in Texas and he has alot of talent and is very fast.Fom what I understand the team drivers from Japan will not be attending but I could be wrong

www.kustomrc.com
Yeah I used to race with Brandon out here in So Cal. before he moved- he's a great driver, and a super nice kid (probably all grown up by now!). His dad is a fantastic tuner also, but I'm not sure if he's still helping Brandon with his cars. Anyway good luck Brandon!
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote