Community
Wiki Posts
Search

os 12tz t5 vs rb-v12

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default os 12tz t5 vs rb-v12

Can anyone tell me which engine is better out of o.s 12tz t5 or rbv12 or can anyone give a comparason between the 2 cause i need to by a new a high performance engine.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gez21v
Can anyone tell me which engine is better out of o.s 12tz t5 or rbv12 or can anyone give a comparason between the 2 cause i need to by a new a high performance engine.

I love the V12....and wouldn't run another OS......the TR turbo,which lasted about 2 gallons in my R40 will be my last......I have 3 gallons through the v12 that was in my r40....with 30% fuel.......and,until last week,when the HPI clutch nut broke,and stripped the threads on the crank, the motor ran like a champ...idles as well as any OS I've ever had.....(I've had plenty...since I started racing with HPi cars and 12 cv's in 1977.....)....every OS idled..none lasted......

if you want,PM me...I have a brand new v12...NIB,std plug..sg crank....#410 on RB's site....190 shipped in the US only..(pictures on request)..
Old 07-20-2005, 05:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks Fastharry

Thanks fastharry for that repsonce your opionion will be taken into great consideration now when i go shopping for my new engine

thanks dude
Old 07-20-2005, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

no problem....Pm e if you want that motor(and its not the one in the pictures..its new in the box..).....bTw,the reason I'm selling is I'm going to try the #430 RB..which is the 3 port turbo...which,BTW,I put in last night..and it ran like a champ....this is my 8th RB motor.........
Old 07-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks harry. but i must say i am leaning towards rb for my 1/10 on-road but i also race my ultimate machine 1/8 off-road buggy with an O.S VZB
V-spec and that is a freakin power house plus revs you can never imagine. i must thats the best engine o.s has ever produced and it is a better engine than the rb in off-road
Old 07-20-2005, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

np problem..if you decide to go Rb,my offer stands.....(which is 10 cheaper than even Acehobbies...and no shipping charge)...
Old 07-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

can someone please explain the difference between a 3 port & a 5 port
thanks
Old 07-20-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

this was taken from this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-str...asic_operation

..there is an animated picture also...after you've read all this....here's the answer to you question.....A 5 port motor has 5 ports.....a 3 port has 3....the extra 2 ports add a performance boost....

Two-stroke cycle
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The two-stroke cycle of an internal combustion engine differs from the more common four-stroke cycle by having only two strokes (linear movements of the piston) instead of four, although the same four operations (intake, compression, power, exhaust) still occur. Thus, there is a power stroke per piston for every engine revolution, instead of every second revolution. Two stroke engines can be arranged to start and run in either direction.

Two-stroke engines are used most among the smallest and largest reciprocating powerplants, but less commonly among medium sized ones.

The smallest gasoline engines are usually two-strokes. They are commonly used in outboard motors, high-performance, small-capacity motorcycles, mopeds, scooters, snowmobiles, karts, model airplane and motorized garden appliances like chainsaws and lawnmowers. In each application, they are popular because of their simple design (and consequent low cost) and very high power-to-weight ratios (because the engine has twice as many combustions per second as a four stroke engine revolving at the same speed). For handheld devices, they also have the advantage of working in any orientation, as there is no oil reservoir dependent upon gravity.

Two-stroke cycles have also been used in diesel engines, notably opposed piston designs, low speed units such as large marine engines, and V8 engines for trucks and heavy machinery

Various two-stroke design types
To understand the operation of the Two-stroke engine it is necessary to know which type of design is in question because different design types operate in different ways.

The design types of the two-stroke cycle engine vary according to the method of intake of fresh air/fuel mixture from the outside, the method of scavenging the cylinder (exchanging burnt exhaust for fresh mixture) and the method of exhausting the cylinder.

These are the main variations. They can be found alone or in various combinations.

[edit]
Piston port
Piston port is the simplest of the designs. All functions are controlled solely by the piston covering and uncovering the ports (which are holes in the side of the cylinder) as it moves up and down in the cylinder.