R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default KYOSHO?

Hello all I am just getting back into the R/C world and have lost touch with so much. Anyways I picked up a Kyosho on-road nitro car the other day at a yard sale that needs some fidley bits to make it good again, so my question is what is the best site to try an find out what model it is/get a manual and were is the best place to order parts. Thank you very much for the help.
Turbo/6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Post a pic of the car without the body. Many here can identify the rc that way. Search eBay first for spare parts, then after that see if nitrohouse.com has parts you need.

Find out what rc you have first. Good luck
Old 01-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

dflat will do as soon as I get enough posts. I guess that is the problem why it wont let me post pics It came with a couple janky bodies a skyline and viper they look like no name stuff as I could not find anything on them. But again it has been a bit since I was into this stuff.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo/6 View Post
Hello all I am just getting back into the R/C world and have lost touch with so much. Anyways I picked up a Kyosho on-road nitro car the other day at a yard sale that needs some fidley bits to make it good again, so my question is what is the best site to try an find out what model it is/get a manual and were is the best place to order parts. Thank you very much for the help.
Barring the ability for the readers to see a pic, can you state whether it's 1/10th or 1/8th scale? Measure the wheel base, width of car and tire size. Can you tell what size the motor is? Rubber tire or foam tire? Community loves to help.....
scary_jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:49 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

It looks to be a 1/10 scale,rubber tires AWD no engine but based on what I member from 20+ years ago the pipe looks like it will only support .12-.16 size engine. It is belt drive and has an inclosed battery holder on the front right side. If any one is ok with it I could email pics. But I have an off night so I will be home, and I will get some specs.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Hmmm........Belt Drive, Battery Box on right side, 1/10th scale suggests its a V One S. Depending on where you're located, I'd recommend Kyosho Americas website. I think you might be able to down load a manual from them.
I'd also recommend taking a look at their inventory of V One RRR Shimo Editions in stock, at last I checked, $375 for the last in the series of RRR's that Kyosho is blowing out for an incredible price! (Best "Bang 4 Buck" and a far more capable/durable "Track Weapon" )

Hi Jerry....Youzzzeee still Scary?

"Every Cemetery in Chicago Votes Democrat!"
el salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #7
Tech Master

www.competitionx.com has many manuals
online... Should be able to find your car on
there...
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:28 AM   #8
Tech Rookie

well my day did not go as planned yesterday, after being gone for 18 hrs from the house and only having about four hrs to eat and sleep the car was low on my list of things to do. Tonight will be the night I get them up I hope, and again thank you guys for the help so far
Old 01-15-2014, 03:04 PM   #9
Tech Rookie

ok well still not able to post pics but here are some numbers
AXL C-C is 10.125"
Wheel width outside to outside is 7.875"
Tire Dia 2.5"
Old 01-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #10
Tech Rookie

Oh yeah I am in the USA
Old 01-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #11
Tech Rookie

I have been looking threw different pics on the web and all the belt cars seem to be two speed the best I can figure is this car is only a single
Old 01-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
I have been looking threw different pics on the web and all the belt cars seem to be two speed the best I can figure is this car is only a single
Probably is a V One S, the 2 speed trans was an option with this car. I have owned just about every version of the V One series of cars offered by Kyosho. The V One S is, IMO, the most fragile, least capable of all the versions they made. The Shimo Edition, with some well chosen upgrades, is capable of being jest as light in weight, as durable, as competitive (in the "Right Hands") as most Cars currently available. I'm not trying to "Incite a Debate" as to which Nitro TC'is better than the other, but as stated previously, at least any version of the V One RRR series is "Light Years" better than the "Lowly V One S".

I Still recommend spending some time on Kyosho Americas website.

"Every Cemetery in Chicago Votes Democrat!"
el salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #13
Tech Rookie

First I would like to say thank you to el after searching to the end of the interweb and starting over I found one pice under the search for V one that looks just like mine. to bad the site is blocked by the web NA#I at work, will have to wait till I get home
Old 01-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
First I would like to say thank you to el after searching to the end of the interweb and starting over I found one pice under the search for V one that looks just like mine. to bad the site is blocked by the web NA#I at work, will have to wait till I get home

Suggest you try Ashford Hobby for parts. Robert has everything for the Kyosho nitro TC's. He also has most for the Evolva 1/8 cars. The website is for ashfordhobby.com/‎
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote