New JACO 2-stage tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

acehardwarehobbies.com got mine $14.99
Old 07-31-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Is rcmart or rc-mushroom going to have these tires available? If yes, when? Who can give me information on this?
Old 08-01-2005, 04:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

FYI, I bought some of the new tires yesterday and all I have to say is WOW! They did make my car push a bit more because of the increased forward traction, but that was easy to fix. I agree with walterhenderson that the car felt locked in plus as the tires got smaller the tire wear went down and the car felt better. They are worth the couple extra bucks.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the link

Will order some soon to give it a try

CrazyRonny
Old 08-03-2005, 12:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

How's the wear rate?
Old 08-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think better than standard tires, but I ran for a loooong time. Which I have not done this year on normal tires. But it seemed better.

Your question in your signature is very deep. I like it.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

I hate to make general statements without extensive factual support, but it seems that the new tires do last longer. I have heard of some people who are wearing them out because they are trying to "pitch" the car around. These tires don't slide around like regular tires. Because you are planted, you need to "drive" the car through the turns, not slide it. We will find out a lot more this weekend at the Toledo race. Many people with different driving styles will be running them and it will be important for me to get feedback from them. If anyone has comments, good or bad, let me know.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Will the rear 2 stage tires be availiable with 2 degree offset for Mugen and Kyosho cars?
Old 08-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2 Stage

Sell them 10 pair for $100.00 and you'll rule the world !!!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mcsquish
I think better than standard tires, but I ran for a loooong time. Which I have not done this year on normal tires. But it seemed better.

Your question in your signature is very deep. I like it.
Lol someone on this site had it but took it off so I said its a fine time to adopt it .
Old 08-08-2005, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
I hate to make general statements without extensive factual support, but it seems that the new tires do last longer. I have heard of some people who are wearing them out because they are trying to "pitch" the car around. These tires don't slide around like regular tires. Because you are planted, you need to "drive" the car through the turns, not slide it. We will find out a lot more this weekend at the Toledo race. Many people with different driving styles will be running them and it will be important for me to get feedback from them. If anyone has comments, good or bad, let me know.
Hi Jack,

What are the results and feedback for the new tires from the race this weekend? Let us know.

Rgds,
Old 08-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

In sedan we TQ'd and had 8 out of 10 (not sure about the bump-up) running 2 stage tires. Josh had a 1 1/2 lap lead in the main, but blew a one-way in his diff. and Paulo from Serpent won (congrats to him, by the way). He was not on the tires.
In 1/8 Josh TQ'd and was in the lead in the main again, but caught a glitch and broke. Paulo won 1/8 too. We had Ralph and Josh testing the 2 stage in 1/8 and they were amazingly fast until the bite came way up. Then we had issues with the inner core breaking down on the rears as a result of the added stress on the tires. The incredible amount of bite they get coupled with the hosepower these guys were laying down was too much for the tire. They did not come apart, but blistered as a result of the base foam breaking down under heat and stress. The 1/10 tires had no such issues and performed great. There were 7 out of 10 in the 1/8 main running our tires.
I would ask that anyone who was at the race and either ran the tires or had observations to post comments. Despite not winning, I was thrilled with both the performance of the tires and the drivers' reactions to running them.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Default Wraps

Scott was lucky enough to test a set of the wraps. These tires are very fast. Jack is correct - there was a ton of traction at this venue. We ran the first two qualifiers with Jaco's conventional tires (Scotty was 3rd Qualifier O/A in 1/8th - with the conventional Jaco's) Scott's ran the last two qualifiers with the "wraps" the car was much faster and got MUCH better fuel milage. We had a rear belt issue, otherwise Scott would have improved his (Qualifying) time by an estimated 5 seconds.

These tires are going to be very exciting - Scott finished in second place, (1/8th open) with the conventional Nitro Shoes.

Jack - you make a great tire. thanks - Rich
Old 08-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
In sedan we TQ'd and had 8 out of 10 (not sure about the bump-up) running 2 stage tires. Josh had a 1 1/2 lap lead in the main, but blew a one-way in his diff. and Paulo from Serpent won (congrats to him, by the way). He was not on the tires.
In 1/8 Josh TQ'd and was in the lead in the main again, but caught a glitch and broke. Paulo won 1/8 too. We had Ralph and Josh testing the 2 stage in 1/8 and they were amazingly fast until the bite came way up. Then we had issues with the inner core breaking down on the rears as a result of the added stress on the tires. The incredible amount of bite they get coupled with the hosepower these guys were laying down was too much for the tire. They did not come apart, but blistered as a result of the base foam breaking down under heat and stress. The 1/10 tires had no such issues and performed great. There were 7 out of 10 in the 1/8 main running our tires.
I would ask that anyone who was at the race and either ran the tires or had observations to post comments. Despite not winning, I was thrilled with both the performance of the tires and the drivers' reactions to running them.
Jack, congratulations on your results. Keep up the good work. I try the tires and i had a good feeling.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the input. Again, congratulations Paulo for the wins and thanks to everyone who ran the tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.