R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-19-2005, 06:27 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Hmmm

So they last at least twice as long as regular foams and there about the same price as the more expensive foams. With some new tech that only Jaco has. I think you guys got yourselvs a winner!!!
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:31 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Also when will they be orderable ( ) from ACE. I'm planning on getting a few more sets of foams and If there avaliable for order by early next week Ill just get me some 2-step's.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:25 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

jack where is the mimimum diameter limit on the tires?? and which dealers are getting them?? we tend to run our tires pretty short like 58/59 for qualifying and 60/61 for mains. yes lets hope the rims are better I had a batch we bought in january that shattered like glass at the hubs. Mark since Ralph has superman throttle control that means twice that much wear for us mere mortals
Old 07-19-2005, 09:13 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

I wouldn't say they last twice as long as regular tires. That is too hard to quantify. Too many variables. As far as the rim... we have an all new design in the works and were going to debut these tires on the new rim, however it is more important to get the tires to market before the season ends. We have changed the composition of our rim in the last few months to a softer material. We hope that does the trick as far as breakage goes. Despite what I read on here, we have not had a lot of complaints about the wheel being fragile. We do warranty the wheel against breakage, but NOT chunking.
I will have to get back to you tomorrow about the minimum size you can run. You may have to run larger tires, but if they are faster, who cares?
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:56 PM   #20
Tech Master

Jack we had a real problem with front hub breakage in las vegas early in the year. as far as hearing about it the guys I race with generally consider (stuff happens as part of the game) Bottom line is if you hit stuff things are going to break but we had some pretty minor taps breaking rims. It was a little frusturating. We just moved on to a backup brand as we usually take 4 or 5 different manufacturers tires to each race any more. You never know whats going to work and not work. I know I had about 50 pairs on hand. bottom line is love the rubber hate the rim. wish you offered it on a dish. as far as bigger tires go its a question of being able to gear in the window. With our car we seem to be running at the bottom of the gear ratio window alot.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:57 PM   #21
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Given, Josh, Ralph, Mike etc all have superior throttle control, but I'm almost sure Josh was still starting around 60mm for the heats because that's the size that seemed to work best. May have been more like 59mm. Although the track had so little overall mechanical traction tire wear was almost zero.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 10:04 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Hey Big Dog,

Are you going to have the Jaco 2 stage tires available at the BTH race?
XrayEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:22 AM   #23
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Tire size also affects the roll center. At a hi bite VHT track like Revelation small tires work better. With all the bite tire wear is a minimum and people start a 40 minute main with tires as small as 56/58.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:50 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

jack

this post "JACO 2-stage tires" just caught my eye in the Recent Posts column that RC tech has added.

i'm usually in the electric threads, anyway a individual in the 12th scale forum a couple of days back made a mention of JACO 2-stage tires for 12th cars being available for some time now.

is this true?

how does one get them?

thanks
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:09 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Default 2-stage

Jack, I'm hoping that Larry's Performance RC in Michigan will be carrying these tires. I would have loved to have had a set at nationals!! Also I'm sure Josh will be stocking them as well???
RayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:40 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Uneke Send a message via Yahoo to Uneke

Any idea which distributors will be getting the tires so I can order some for my store?
Uneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:49 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Yes, the 1/12 tires have been available on a limited basis. They will become a production item next month. You may want to check Josh's track (Halo Hobbies) since I know he had a bunch of them.
Right now I have orders from Speedline and Ace. We only announced this yesterday afternoon so I'm sure we will get more inquiries today. It will take a week or two for the majors (GP and Horizon) to get things into the system. You can PM me with details about your store or call.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:23 AM   #28
Tech Master

Superior Hobbies has the "WRAP" 12th scale tires in stock and ready for shipping....... 407.834.9299

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
jack

this post "JACO 2-stage tires" just caught my eye in the Recent Posts column that RC tech has added.

i'm usually in the electric threads, anyway a individual in the 12th scale forum a couple of days back made a mention of JACO 2-stage tires for 12th cars being available for some time now.

is this true?

how does one get them?

thanks
Old 07-20-2005, 09:25 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I, also, would like to see a solid dish wheel or a wheel with more inner material.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:49 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets

is there a picture anywhere on the web? id like to see exactly what this "WRAP" looks like. :P