R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #31
Tech Master
 
tonylunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
Original rules submitted said any .21-.28 engine. pretty simple ....tech gone. The only way to have true spec would be to hand out engines to break in.
Only the selected few know exactly what was submitted. So unless you make what was submitted public, we have nothing to go by.

Either way ROAR can handle the tech issues as always.

Im just going to keep racing.
__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing USA~Murnan Modified Motors~PTRC Racing Fluids~Flo-Control ~IGTHobbies.com
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #32
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky 1 View Post
Original rules submitted said any .21-.28 engine. pretty simple ....tech gone. The only way to have true spec would be to hand out engines to break in.
Tech will never be gone because there will always be racers that want to break the rules in order to win. Regardless of what was "submitted", ROAR decided on what they did so if we want to participate with the ROAR GT class, race by their rules or don't race their races, plain and simple. Too many agendas is what is hurting the GT class from being what it could be. Instead of splitting hairs about every little aspect of ROAR's rules, find equipment that meets their requirements, show up to race, and have some fun. It is not that difficult unless you want to make it that way.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #33
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,918
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

I just want to throw something else in the mix, REDS has a few different variations of the R5, the Team edition being the fastest, there is a dramatic speed difference between the base R5 and the balls out team engine Team model is factory altered does that make it illegal? And what defines "modified" . I agree with Roeloff in that there are waaay too many variables to just leave it at ".21-5pt". There will be those that will simply search out a faster engine to run with and that doesnt mean they are cheating, they just choose to use a faster engine. Ultimately what is going to happen is that a MFG will simply create an offroad engine with modified timing and on-road features but release it as a "truggy" engine that is not all that great in a truggy but just happens to run extremely well in a GT!! LOL


Jlock, to answer your why question. Modifying an engine doesnt always mean making it faster, I can make an engine get over a minute more of runtime per tank but not really any quicker and thats still an advantage!
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #34
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 6,278
Send a message via ICQ to Roelof
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
Your right very confusing and not cost effective.

Curious what is your solution to the dilemma?
Difficult... For nationals my opinion is to set a free choice. A national is a higher level of racing where all brands and sponsors must have a chance to compete.
On clublevel the differences between drivers are larger so differences in a specmotor are hardly noticed. For sure for starters on clublevel it is a learning process to see that they can be outperformed with a same engine so there is no need to buy the best.

An idea to think about is like it is done in real racing, the top-3 will get a penalty of a certain weight for the next race with a maximum limit.
__________________
The quality of an answer comes with the quality of the question.
Roelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #35
Tech Regular
 
Yb2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Port St Lucie Florida
Posts: 328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
I just want to throw something else in the mix, REDS has a few different variations of the R5, the Team edition being the fastest, there is a dramatic speed difference between the base R5 and the balls out team engine Team model is factory altered does that make it illegal? And what defines "modified" . I agree with Roeloff in that there are waaay too many variables to just leave it at ".21-5pt". There will be those that will simply search out a faster engine to run with and that doesnt mean they are cheating, they just choose to use a faster engine. Ultimately what is going to happen is that a MFG will simply create an offroad engine with modified timing and on-road features but release it as a "truggy" engine that is not all that great in a truggy but just happens to run extremely well in a GT!! LOL


Jlock, to answer your why question. Modifying an engine doesnt always mean making it faster, I can make an engine get over a minute more of runtime per tank but not really any quicker and thats still an advantage!
LOL...very true Marcus !!!what do you think is really in that new Nova ROAR GT motor released last week ? Is it just a glorified Nova P5XLT with a pretty purple head ? lol...
__________________
GT1/MP777WC, GT2 BRUSHLESS 110 MPH ++, GT1-VE MAMBA PWR, MP777-EBUGGY TEKIN, XRAY NT1, HB D8 HARA, LOSI EIGHT2.0, LOSI EIGHT-T 2.0, Visit my Ebay store RC NITRO DEPOT !
Yb2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #36
Tech Master
 
DRRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,505
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

So I guess I cant use any of my motors

Why cant it just be an open .21 like offroad and 1/8 onroads?
Why make it complicated to alienate the old GT racers and discourage the new racers?
Are there politics and lobbying involved in ROAR?
Oh well so no ROAR events for me until things change
Attached Thumbnails
Clarity for GT engine spec-novas.jpg   Clarity for GT engine spec-keepon.jpg  
__________________
Team Wife
Mugen Seiki Racing
Mugenracing.com
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #37
Tech Master
 
helivaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,220
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

why not have an outlaw class?
bring what you have and have fun with it.
what is with all these" you can" and "cannot rules"?

just like the government..
they take the fun away just to sell it back to you.
__________________
The only thing that is "still like new" is the box it came in..
Only a half gallon through it my Ass!
helivaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #38
Tech Master
 
tonylunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
So I guess I cant use any of my motors

Why cant it just be an open .21 like offroad and 1/8 onroads?
Why make it complicated to alienate the old GT racers and discourage the new racers?
Are there politics and lobbying involved in ROAR?
Oh well so no ROAR events for me until things change
Your home track is an IGT8F affiliate, all those motors will get used and are allowed in IGT8F OPEN/PRO Class.
__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing USA~Murnan Modified Motors~PTRC Racing Fluids~Flo-Control ~IGTHobbies.com
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #39
Tech Master
 
tonylunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helivaguy View Post
why not have an outlaw class?
bring what you have and have fun with it.
what is with all these" you can" and "cannot rules"?

just like the government..
they take the fun away just to sell it back to you.
Incase you didn't know, IGT8F was created and posted GT8 rules before ROAR. After waiting 3+yrs for ROAR to recognize us.

Once we went Live, ROAR announces GT8 rules 3-4 weeks later.

Here is our class rules
http://igt8f.com/class-rules/
__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing USA~Murnan Modified Motors~PTRC Racing Fluids~Flo-Control ~IGTHobbies.com
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #40
Tech Master
 
DRRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,505
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylunatic View Post
Your home track is an IGT8F affiliate, all those motors will get used and are allowed in IGT8F OPEN/PRO Class.
Yes you are right Tony
That is why the track affiliated with you and is adapting your rules

I just cant use them in ROAR sactioned races, so I guess I cant go to any of them
__________________
Team Wife
Mugen Seiki Racing
Mugenracing.com
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #41
Tech Master
 
tonylunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRC View Post
Yes you are right Tony
That is why the track affiliated with you and is adapting your rules

I just cant use them in ROAR sactioned races, so I guess I cant go to any of them
There is only one ROAR event for GT in Texas, the ROAR REGION 9 RACE.

So you miss out on one race, maybe two if the Texas Biggie adopts ROAR rules.

There's still the NovaRossi Challenge, Mikes GrandPrix, IGT8F club race and Series races and the IGT8F WORLD CUP CHAMPIONSHIP in October 2014.
__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing USA~Murnan Modified Motors~PTRC Racing Fluids~Flo-Control ~IGTHobbies.com
tonylunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #42
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 418
Default

Exactly, there are so many GT races now that regardless of your view on the rules you will have plenty of races to attend. Just pick the events that you like, play by their rules and have fun

With that being said, I think everyone will be surprised at the performance of the 7mm 5 ports (or less) motors. We've tested the Nova ISON and it is NOT SLOW.

See everybody in Homestead in a few weeks. Happy New Year!
desotoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #43
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Like Mr. Desoto said, go to the races that has rules that you agree with and don't go to the ones that has rules that don't suit you. Instead of wasting time on RC Tech griping about it, get your cars ready for the races that suit your equipment and have fun at them.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #44
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,918
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Like Mr. Desoto said, go to the races that has rules that you agree with and don't go to the ones that has rules that don't suit you. Instead of wasting time on RC Tech griping about it, get your cars ready for the races that suit your equipment and have fun at them.
+1000!!

Not directed at you DRRC just a general observation!

Last edited by MantisWorx; 01-01-2014 at 12:36 PM.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #45
Tech Master
 
DRRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,505
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Like Mr. Desoto said, go to the races that has rules that you agree with and don't go to the ones that has rules that don't suit you. Instead of wasting time on RC Tech griping about it, get your cars ready for the races that suit your equipment and have fun at them.
I don't think I'm wasting time griping
I was voicing my opinion
This is an open forum where people can voice their opinion and read others
Now I'm wasting my time responding
__________________
Team Wife
Mugen Seiki Racing
Mugenracing.com
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:10 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net