R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Fidelio - Telemetry Software for RC

Fidelio is the new software we developed to analyse telemetry data, based on Sanwa radio equipment. Thanks to the new features of Sanwa transmitters we're now able to plot data logged through the Telemetry System of Exzes-Z and M12.
These radios are able to log data such as time, steering %, throttle %, battery voltage, RPM, and 2 temperatures. Exzes-Z and M12 save all these data every 0.05 sec, and export a CSV file, which you download, via USB, in your PC through the Sanwa PC-Link Manager software.
All the data collected are then stored in your computer, and ready to be analysed, at home or even on track! Just plug your transmitter to the PC and download!
Fidelio software analyses and plots Steering %, Throttle %, and, using Sanwa 461 receiver, also Battery Voltage, 2 temperatures and RPM.

To do the job, we decided not to put anything on the car but 3 sensors: 2 for temperature and 1 for RPM. They are provided by Sanwa for few bucks. This is the most affordable set-up; maximum simplicity and lightness. No different hardware is required.
This is a plot of data collected at my last race, 1/8 on-road nitro, in Gubbio, Italy. It's a screenshot from a longer log, from a 5 min qualifying.

Fidelio makes also some easy-to-understand analisys: % of time WOT ( Wide Open Throttle ) and also RMS of Steering are showed, to let you understand how hard you're using your engine, and the average of steering you're using to lap the track. This is very useful data that you can consult and store, to build your own database of the performace of your car and your driving style. This is achievable even with the "stock" 471 receiver, but I strongly suggest to install the 461 Rx with optional sensors.

Now the behaviour of your engine is fully understandable; RPM, the gearbox shifting gear, the fall of engine speed when entering a corner WOT, the clutch slipping, the engine temperature fluctuating through the lap... it's a new world of possibilities to understand how things work, an eye inside your car during the race.

If you're interested, look for Fidelio on Facebook...and don't forget to like!

Ciao
Old 12-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can you see the temp in another column in the first picture? Very nice,will study this when I get back from work tonight.rpm is also useful.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE View Post
Can you see the temp in another column in the first picture? Very nice,will study this when I get back from work tonight.rpm is also useful.
Yes, I use the 461 Receiver, all sensors installed. So in that picture Temp has min and max value, instead of NULL when using the 471 receiver with no sensors.

The software is very useful and indeed quick to load data, from the end of the qualifying, to the graph page it is a matter of seconds.

Glad you liked it!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygio View Post
Yes, I use the 461 Receiver, all sensors installed. So in that picture Temp has min and max value, instead of NULL when using the 471 receiver with no sensors.

The software is very useful and indeed quick to load data, from the end of the qualifying, to the graph page it is a matter of seconds.

Glad you liked it!
I do like it. Although I would have preferred the temp every 5seconds in another column instead of the high and.low only.nonetheless very useful. How much and where can I buy?so it comes with a cable attached to the transmitter to a USB to my laptop?
Old 12-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Sorry I didn't read enough,there's a graph of the temp anyway so its just as good as what I wanted. Wil check out the fb page. Good work inventers! Try to lobby for it being legalized for ifmar 2014 200mm ic. Everyone would use it I assume. Good work!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Can't find it in facebook. Pls post the link thanks!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
Tech Adept

This is Fidelio on FB
https://www.facebook.com/telemetriafidelio?fref=ts

This is the Official Store
http://fidelioassistance.altervista....webstore/shop/

The software doesn't come with any cable. It is a regular mini-USB.... Just download!

Plug your M12 to the PC and, with the Sanwa PC link manager, download the file. You'll be ready to analyse in few seconds!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #8
Tech Elite

This sounds very interesting! I like Sanwa radio's but I don't have an M12. I just have the older M11. May need to upgrade. Does it work with the M11X?

Thanks for posting.

Regards
BM
Old 12-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #9
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
This sounds very interesting! I like Sanwa radio's, but I don't have an M12. I just have the older M11. May need to upgrade. Does it work with the M11X?

Thanks for posting.

Regards
BM
Hi! All you need is a Sanwa radio with an USB port. Doesn't mean strictly that you have to buy one... I can tell you more: the new M12 can be used as an "external" data logger. This means it can be bound to you receiver and can store all the data you need. Then you'll be able to analyse & plot. If a friend of yours has got the new radio, and is kind enough to bind it, you'll be OK anyway!

ciao!
Old 12-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #10
Tech Adept

From today the demo version of Fidelio, called " 5s ", is available at the official shop. Download and start to analyse! Totally free of charge!!

http://fidelioassistance.altervista....97698974609375

ciao!
Old 12-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This should also work with the MT-4 correct?
RoketRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoketRdr View Post
This should also work with the MT-4 correct?
I was thinking the same thing??

BM
Old 12-14-2013, 02:18 AM   #13
Tech Adept

I think yes, the CSV file should be the same as the ones from the M12. If you send me the CSV I can tell you, if you want. Or you could download the demo version and try yourself!

cheers