R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoketRdr View Post
Interesting assumption but...no. My info comes from someone who was in the class from the beginning and helped build it. And you're still supporting the argument as to why the Ofna/TeamC cars are not going to be allowed. So lets just say what it is. Serpent pulls ROAR's strings. That is all.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'm running a DM-1 that I originall purchased as a RTR, still a great deal for under $450, just get rid of the radio and servo's. I've done a lot of work on the car and it will hang with the Serpent, easy to get parts for them and very tough if you replace just a few parts. Yes for ROAR it will not be allowed in 2015, but my guess you will see many of these for years to come at club races.

A few other have been running the Team C, or the car OFNA is currently sell as V2. This car has been competitive, Same issue as the DM-1 or GTP with a flat chassis.

The Kyosho is a good option as well, and there are many GT racers who can help you with set up. This car has the kick up, so good to go

As Speedy1 posted the Serpent is the newest car in the class, has kick up in the chassis, proved to be fast. You will not find many used cars, but if you try the class and don't like it, you will have no issue finding a new home for it.

Lastly, building a conversion will be more costly, but the rewards and enjoyment can out weigh the costs. Speedy1 has a very fast Xray ....

But you could not have found a better time to try the class. New cars, rules, races and more people talking about getting into the class.

If you are interested in the DM-1 find the thread here on RcTech and there is good info and parts to be found.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

DM-1 best bang for the buck ! 80% rollers 325.00 you buy the motor of your choice and pipe your choice of radio, Parts are very reasonable and they are built like a tank ! then if you like the class the car is competitive or you can upgrade. Dont let someone tell ya there is a magic car If you can drive you can drive a brick if you cant drive well enough said.

Roll on

"And now I'm editing your signature and letting everyone know that you are permanently banned from " your truly Marcos.J aka the idiot
DK McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

So I ended up buying a used GT2 Race spec with an Axial engine and bunch of spares from a fellow member. It looks super clean and the guy seems like he knows his stuff. Hes has been racing GT for a couple of years. Super excited to try it.
lnc0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnc0321 View Post
So I ended up buying a used GT2 Race spec with an Axial engine and bunch of spares from a fellow member. It looks super clean and the guy seems like he knows his stuff. Hes has been racing GT for a couple of years. Super excited to try it.
Good choice in the end bud !! I own a GT1 short chassis (Like serpent GT) and the GT2 Race spec ! The GT1 has every upgrade and is on par with any Serpent GT....When you feel the need to go faster you will need to take all dogbones out and replace them with CVD'S to start, a Quality .21 5 port buggy motor (bump start) upgraded springs, diffs, brakes, 20T 2nd gear pinion, super fast servos and you will just need to learn to drive fast and consistent at that pont to win : )
Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnc0321 View Post
Welcome to GT8 racing.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yb2fast View Post
Good choice in the end bud !! I own a GT1 short chassis (Like serpent GT) and the GT2 Race spec ! The GT1 has every upgrade and is on par with any Serpent GT....When you feel the need to go faster you will need to take all dogbones out and replace them with CVD'S to start, a Quality .21 5 port buggy motor (bump start) upgraded springs, diffs, brakes, 20T 2nd gear pinion, super fast servos and you will just need to learn to drive fast and consistent at that pont to win : )
That car wouldnt be red and white with a axial .28RR2 in it ?

"And now I'm editing your signature and letting everyone know that you are permanently banned from " your truly Marcos.J aka the idiot
DK McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK McGee View Post
That car wouldnt be red and white with a axial .28RR2 in it ?
Bought it from member TC TUNER (Eric) and it has an audi body silver
lnc0321 is offline   Reply With Quote