R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-09-2005, 09:11 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default which tuned pipe for GXR-15???

hey this being my first post here, i thought id say hi!

i have a Kyosho FW-05t and was wondering what tuned pipe would suit this motor best??

anybody have any ideas??

any help is good help!
golf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 09:25 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

that engine is for fun and you'll gain almost nothing in power, save that money and when you're ready a racing engine and tuned pipe will make it!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:28 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

you broke my heart.....

what would be a suitable engine to upgrade to? and what is the largest motor i can stuff in there??
Old 07-09-2005, 09:53 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4
you broke my heart.....

what would be a suitable engine to upgrade to? and what is the largest motor i can stuff in there??

i think ur current engine is good for bashing,but if ur planning for competitive racing anytime soon,save up and buy a nice racing engine and tuned pipe.i suggest u get a .12 size engine.that should be enough.remember,bigger engine is not always faster or better.so i suggest get a .12 engine.if ur still new to engine tuning,get the os tr or maybe thhe new os tz which is faster,or if u noe how to tune engine perfectly,get a novarossi engine or rb engine.all are good.other can help u out too.good luck
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

anyone else care to comment?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:08 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Don't listen to ntc3freak...

For a good, reliable engine, you are best to look at O.S.

I am going to presume that since you are still running the GX15 that you are a novice, nothing wrong with that, I am too! I guarantee that if you and a friend had equal skills, your friend had an O.S. TZ, and you had an O.S. TR, you would probably beat him, even though you have slightly less power, power doesn't win many races, control and consistency does. More power will just force you to make mistakes.

Having said that, for club type racing I'd say the O.S. .12 CV-R would be best for competitive, yet easy to drive performance.

Talk to some people at your local track, ask them what engines they are running.

Oh and I wouldn't buy any engine from an Australian Hobby Shop unless you love to burn money, they rip you off a disgusting amount.

Try www.towerhobbies.com
jamiekulhanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:28 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

thanks alot for that jamie... thats a great help. yeah im still a noob but pickin it up
Old 07-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice

hi i have a kyosho fw-05t+ and i did the mainifold and the pipe and it gave me heaps more power i got a RB mainifold and a pipe because Rb make a fw-05t mainifold so i bought the pipe it really flies
driftkingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:37 PM   #9
Tech Adept

at least change the header on the motor but changine whole exhaust is better option. JPL pipes are ok in HK for the money, THS, Tais, and sounds like somebody mentioned RB make one. Cause motor is side exhaust and on right side your pipe options are limited. Also dont be scared to tune this motor to perform and dont tune it by temperature. Put a descent air filter on it and it will go well. I also ran only 8% oil and it went very well and found it easy to tune.
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:02 AM   #10
Tech Apprentice

hey are jpl pipes and manifold good brand because i bought both of them for a very cheep price
Old 07-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftkingz View Post
hey are jpl pipes and manifold good brand because i bought both of them for a very cheep price
I think for the money they work fine, bit soft in construction and can bend little bit easier, but I also tried a pipe double in price and that got bent just as easy. I ended up using a jpl header and the stock alloy pipe for great results as well. Stock pipe is strong but doesnt sound the best compared to aftermarket pipe. Like I said earlier you are limited in pipes to get for this type of car unfortunately.
stevenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #12
Tech Apprentice

it is a good pipe i havent even put a little scratch in it and i have ahd it for about 3 months