R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-07-2005, 08:07 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö
Default Hitec crystals in 3PK?

I've always used a Hitec Lynx FM for my cars, but since I've got a little more serious now, I decided to buy a 3PK. Though, I have one question, will the hitec crystals work in the 3PK?
New_Toasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im almost sure that it will work, i have a hitec module in my 3pK now, and i know that other people have used the hitec synthicized module in 3pk's for some time now so i dont see why it wouldnt work.
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Could someone confirm this before I buy/sell anything?
Old 07-08-2005, 07:49 AM   #4
Tech Adept

I would say no, they probably won't work. FM crystals are generally not interchangeable between manufacturers, due to them using different intermediate frequencies. Hitec even has 2 different types of Rx crystals (single conversion and dual conversion) that are not interchangeable.
Yes, you can use Futaba module in Hitec radio (or vice versa), but AFAIK you also have to use Futaba crystals (and maybe Rx?) at the same time. Also with universal Rx's you always have to use crystals from your radio manufacturer.

I'm not 100% certain that everything I just wrote is true, but anyway, it's just a word of warning. I've never done this mix-and-match thing myself (never had to, always used Futaba), but I've seen it done and this is what I've gathered from the stories.
olev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:12 AM   #5
Tech Regular

I know that my futaba reciver accepts Hitec crystals, but I also know that my Hitec transmitter won't accept Futaba crystals. I guess I'll just have to try it out