Serpent 960....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

did your kits come with short springs on front and long springs on back standard or were they all long springs??

i put 720 front springs on and i can get a whole range of ride heights with them
just wondering if this is correct

thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigboss
i check the springs, and found out the blue front blue springs are 1mm longer then the back yellows,

now with yellow front and backs, i have lowered my front to 9mm ride height, just aint sure how to get it another 2mm lower as it saids in the set up
funny question do you have the right shocks in the front. does your arm go all the way up with out shocks on and no binding?
take off one side of the front sway bar and see if the car goes down
Old 02-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Luke W
is that a M.S edition engine in that 07?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

I have to agree about checking the shocks front/back location. I checked my 960 and could only think that either the front swaybar cup is too tight or the shocks are installed wrong. Check your A arms for binding and droop screws.

On another note, that 07 gas cap works great.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the update

Paolo,

Congratulations again for your win in 200mm @ Winternats. You really put on a show for everyone based on everything I heard. Wish you would have had the same fortune in 1/8th. What happened?

Also, thanks for the information on the new 07 version 960. Do you believe the price will be close to the FD version kit? I also heard that everyone is using the bulkhead mounting position at the Winternats. Is Serpent thinking of coming up with a modified bulkhead/rear shock tower to make this a permanent setting vs. custom? Seems like high bite tracks could use this as a standard.

Ditto as well on the MS version mega...Is that coming? Maybe we need a PM version as well with that show you put on at the Nats. Congrats again!

Bryan
Old 02-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by captian
funny question do you have the right shocks in the front. does your arm go all the way up with out shocks on and no binding?
take off one side of the front sway bar and see if the car goes down
i got short springs on fronts now, (one that comes with the 720) and yes my arm goes all the way up without the binding

and wen i take of one side of front sway bar it pretty much stays the same

i think my problem was i had 4 long shocks, or i hope that was my problem
Old 02-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigboss
i got short springs on fronts now, (one that comes with the 720) and yes my arm goes all the way up without the binding

and wen i take of one side of front sway bar it pretty much stays the same

i think my problem was i had 4 long shocks, or i hope that was my problem
hope i help sometimes its the little things we over look . happins to the best some times
Old 02-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MERCCER4LIFE
just wondering,whats the price of this kit?
We will set the price next week cause we will get the kits in 2. Price anyway should be close to the FD!!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BryanLynn
Paolo,

Congratulations again for your win in 200mm @ Winternats. You really put on a show for everyone based on everything I heard. Wish you would have had the same fortune in 1/8th. What happened?

Also, thanks for the information on the new 07 version 960. Do you believe the price will be close to the FD version kit? I also heard that everyone is using the bulkhead mounting position at the Winternats. Is Serpent thinking of coming up with a modified bulkhead/rear shock tower to make this a permanent setting vs. custom? Seems like high bite tracks could use this as a standard.

Ditto as well on the MS version mega...Is that coming? Maybe we need a PM version as well with that show you put on at the Nats. Congrats again!

Bryan
Thanks Bryan, about the price i posted already some info. Price should be close. AAbout the position on the bulkheads i have not check the 07 yet. I don't think there is a change in the manual. Maybe we should include some info on the kits to explain also this tuning possibility. It's very easy anyway. You just need a long screw from the inside, a spacer and you are in business.

No MS version for the future (at the moment) In the ZX line we have now the DSIIplus, wich is really really fast and very affordable (Michael was using this engina at the Wnats) On the MF line, we have our 21 ceramic 7 port.
About PM version, thanks, i feel honored, but at the moment there is no plan
Old 02-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default 960 Setup?

Paolo,

Will you be able to post your setup for the 960 @ this years Winternats? I saw you posted the 720, but wanted to get a look at your 960 setup too. Thanks!

Bryan
Old 02-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

FT MYERS SETUP 2007

Guys, i am trying to upload the PDF file for the setup but it looks like is too large. I am going to post the setup in a few hours from Home cause i have to run know, otherwise the wife is going to be mad at me
Old 02-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paolo M
FT MYERS SETUP 2007

Guys, i am trying to upload the PDF file for the setup but it looks like is too large. I am going to post the setup in a few hours from Home cause i have to run know, otherwise the wife is going to be mad at me
thats cool we will wait .
dont forget about me check your pm
Old 02-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Paolo M
FT MYERS SETUP 2007

Ok, i don't know why the file is bigger than the 720 PDF, so i am going to post the setup this way

Front
Sway Bar: Flat (sway bar modified to make it softer)
Roll Center: -1mm (new hangers 1mm lower)
Shock position: Bottom
Shock oil: 40WT
Shock piston: 4 Holes
Shock spring; Blue
Caster: 6 mm front
Wheel base: Long
Downstops: +1
Steering block: Std
Ackerman: long-wide
Camber: -1.5 / -1.0
Toe: -2deg total
Width: 252

Rear
Sway Bar: outside and flat with soft blade holder
Roll Center: low arm in the middle , upper arm long
Shock position: in the Bulkhead
Shock oil: 40WT
Shock piston: 3 Holes
Shock spring; Blue
Downstops: +7
Width: 265
Camber: -3.5 / -3.0
Toe: +2.5 deg
Body mount: Second hole from the outside

Enjoy
Old 02-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default setup

Thanks for sharing Paolo! The size might be bigger due to interactive fields on the 960 setup sheet. Not sure, but its possible.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Just wanted to see how this setup sheet would look like posted here. I used the new LapWatcher software, with it you can create your own setup sheets.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...d=208240&stc=1
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
setup.pdf (136.3 KB, 292 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.