R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #556
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey everyone, finally got an account for rctech, so I guess I'll be on here from time to time...
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen
hey everyone, finally got an account for rctech, so I guess I'll be on here from time to time...
Welcome to RCTECH Garen.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:47 AM   #558
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen
good to see you on garen looking good with that 960
Old 01-31-2006, 08:44 AM   #559
Tech Master

Talking

Hi Garen, it's good hear you are enjoying racing again.

Why don't you grab a flight to Ft. Myers for the W'Nats. I'm sure Don Who would love to have you pit for him!!!!!!
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #560
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Can someone tell me the S960 front steering block (steering knuckles) can be used on 950R? They both use 2 pivot balls connection but I am concern about the offset of these 2 blocks are different, that will caused the dogbone of the 950R may be too long or too short when using it on S950R....thanks.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:06 AM   #561
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M
Hi Garen, it's good hear you are enjoying racing again.

Why don't you grab a flight to Ft. Myers for the W'Nats. I'm sure Don Who would love to have you pit for him!!!!!!
Nice Avatar Doug..
Old 01-31-2006, 11:36 AM   #562
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Can someone tell me the S960 front steering block (steering knuckles) can be used on 950R? They both use 2 pivot balls connection but I am concern about the offset of these 2 blocks are different, that will caused the dogbone of the 950R may be too long or too short when using it on S950R....thanks.
Yes, you can use it . The difference, beside the stronger shape, is that the offset is 0 deg. You can istall it on the car but the upper pivot ball thread will have a lot of spires out, so will be a weak part. To solve this, you should install the upper front arms from the 960 (903106 / 903107) (wich are basically the same but longer)

To have then a perfect combo, you need to install the longer steering servo horn (wich is longer than the one you are using now (903138 / 903139 / 903140 - differents numbers because depends on your radio gear brand)

Hope this can help

Paolo
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:55 AM   #563
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M
Yes, you can use it . The difference, beside the stronger shape, is that the offset is 0 deg. You can istall it on the car but the upper pivot ball thread will have a lot of spires out, so will be a weak part. To solve this, you should install the upper front arms from the 960 (903106 / 903107) (wich are basically the same but longer)

To have then a perfect combo, you need to install the longer steering servo horn (wich is longer than the one you are using now (903138 / 903139 / 903140 - differents numbers because depends on your radio gear brand)

Hope this can help

Paolo
Paolo.....that should be STICKY onto the S950R thread at Mytsn forum....(I know, ppl should upgrade to 960 instead of keeping the 1.5 years old 950R)
Greatly appreicated your detailed and extra information of this mod....I will gather those parts and do the mod........the new 960 knuckles looks 100 times cooler (like a real car rotor with a brake caliper on it...)

I forgot to ask, does the new steering block use the same size bearing as the 950 blocks...? If now, what is the new size of the bearings that I will need?

Now, another tough one....can 960 rear uprights and arms (upper and lower) be converted to 950R..? (I know, I know....I am pushing the envolope a little bit too much...) I suspected the longer rear 960 lower arms will make it impossible to install on 950R cause the total wide of the outcome will be a lot wider then standard width (not to mention a extra long dogbone will be required..)
Old 01-31-2006, 12:28 PM   #564
Tech Master

Nice Avatar Doug..

Thanks Chris, I had to go all the way to India to find the perfect snake charmer avatar!!

I was going to use some of my private Thai pictures from my bar but I'm afraid others may find them a little to revealing.......

I have a question. How do you copy a previous response to reply to?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:33 PM   #565
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Paolo.....that should be STICKY onto the S950R thread at Mytsn forum....(I know, ppl should upgrade to 960 instead of keeping the 1.5 years old 950R)
Greatly appreicated your detailed and extra information of this mod....I will gather those parts and do the mod........the new 960 knuckles looks 100 times cooler (like a real car rotor with a brake caliper on it...)

I forgot to ask, does the new steering block use the same size bearing as the 950 blocks...? If now, what is the new size of the bearings that I will need?

Now, another tough one....can 960 rear uprights and arms (upper and lower) be converted to 950R..? (I know, I know....I am pushing the envolope a little bit too much...) I suspected the longer rear 960 lower arms will make it impossible to install on 950R cause the total wide of the outcome will be a lot wider then standard width (not to mention a extra long dogbone will be required..)
Rookie,

Same bearings, so no need to change. We where testing the 0 deg already since Feb last year, and togheter with the rear rol center option, the 950R was really good. About the rear arms, i have not tried but look really difficult to make cause the whole rear end is different.

I think you will have a huge improvement with the steering blocks and when you fell that the car is at his limits and holding you, just get a 960

Paolo
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:43 PM   #566
Tech Elite

Quote:
Nice Avatar Doug..

Thanks Chris, I had to go all the way to India to find the perfect snake charmer avatar!!

I was going to use some of my private Thai pictures from my bar but I'm afraid others may find them a little to revealing.......

I have a question. How do you copy a previous response to reply to?

Glad you were able to bring the snake charmer back safely.

You can just email those Thai pictures to me.

Hit the quote button on the response that you want to reply to.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:25 PM   #567
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M
Rookie,

Same bearings, so no need to change. We where testing the 0 deg already since Feb last year, and togheter with the rear rol center option, the 950R was really good. About the rear arms, i have not tried but look really difficult to make cause the whole rear end is different.

I think you will have a huge improvement with the steering blocks and when you fell that the car is at his limits and holding you, just get a 960

Paolo
Paolo, are you saying you guys were testing the 960 0 degree front steering block on 950R on Feb Last year...? Wow...ok, I am no "OLD NEWS" now...and I have the Serpent USA rear roll center kit already.........

I doubt I can push the 950R to the limit in my lift time........buying a 960 is simply just to update my current 1/8th to the current spec, which is very tempting for me to do now....Thanks and good luck to you at the Wind ups and WinterNationals.........can't let the MUGEN took all the spotlight.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:07 PM   #568
Tech Master

Chris, we sent you some new shoes to test for this weekend at Revelations. We hope you have the same positive results we had in our testing at Ft. Myers. The 960 realy seems to like this wheel and rubber combination. We hope to have these new Jaco tires next week so we can get them to your Left Coast friends very soon as well.

I talked to Glen. He said his lightly modded ZX-21 came alive last weekend until that board jumped in front of his 960.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:52 PM   #569
Tech Elite

Quote:
Chris, we sent you some new shoes to test for this weekend at Revelations. We hope you have the same positive results we had in our testing at Ft. Myers. The 960 realy seems to like this wheel and rubber combination. We hope to have these new Jaco tires next week so we can get them to your Left Coast friends very soon as well.

I talked to Glen. He said his lightly modded ZX-21 came alive last weekend until that board jumped in front of his 960.

Thanks Doug..I'm looking forward to trying them out.

The boards seem to jump out in front of the car when a tab on the receiver battery comes loose.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:46 PM   #570
Tech Master

Quote:

ha doug don"t forget about us on the eastcoast there one true serpent guy left.