Serpent 960....

Reply

Old 01-25-2006, 10:53 AM
  #541  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 826
Default

Originally Posted by captian
ha paolo good luck to you and the team at the winter nats .
Thanks Captain
Paolo M is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:58 AM
  #542  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 826
Default

Originally Posted by virtual
Hi Paolo,

We are using purple spring on our setup and we are going to try the grey too.
Is the red springs too soft? You use it on maximum or in medium grip?

Thanks a lot.
Hi Virtual,

Reds are softer than Purple. About too soft it depends. At the GLC with really high byte, i like better the Blue (softer than purple but harder than reds) I also tried purple, car was awesome but too reactive for me. At the last test at Ft. Myers, we had also high traction, but even if the car worked really good also with blues and purple, i like better the red.

The sweet spot, setup wise, of the 960 is quite wide. So the car can work really great with different setups. At some point is just a matter of driving style and feeling

Paolo
Paolo M is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:06 PM
  #543  
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi Virtual,

Reds are softer than Purple. About too soft it depends. At the GLC with really high byte, i like better the Blue (softer than purple but harder than reds) I also tried purple, car was awesome but too reactive for me. At the last test at Ft. Myers, we had also high traction, but even if the car worked really good also with blues and purple, i like better the red.

The sweet spot, setup wise, of the 960 is quite wide. So the car can work really great with different setups. At some point is just a matter of driving style and feeling

Paolo
great post about set up . its good to get a set up from a pro or someone for a track that you are going to . but if you are not driving the same (on the same level) or driving like that person you will have to fine tune it to yourself.
captian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:11 PM
  #544  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by captian
great post about set up . its good to get a set up from a pro or someone for a track that you are going to . but if you are not driving the same (on the same level) or driving like that person you will have to fine tune it to yourself.
Paolo's set-up are always a very good starting point. The set-up I used in Vegas is very similar to the one he just posted. I'll post it here if I can figure out how.
C Verano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:26 PM
  #545  
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

chris where on the same page with that
captian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:54 AM
  #546  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Glenn!

Glenn,

Are you guys coming out this weekend?

Chris
C Verano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:30 AM
  #547  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: France ,Paris
Posts: 163
Default

i have a question

vector and 960 use the same rims?
because i found a guy on a french forum who sells tire for a good price,he said its for vector but i don't know if it's ok with 960

Thanks
nefastseven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:11 AM
  #548  
Freelander7
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah, the Vector, Veteq, 950, 950R and 960 rims will all fit each car.
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:37 AM
  #549  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: France ,Paris
Posts: 163
Default

ok thank you
i knew vector and veteq are the same,i knew 950 and 960 are the same but i didn't know with vector and 960

ok it's good the guy sells me 10 trains for 150 + shipping
nefastseven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:27 PM
  #550  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by captian
chris where on the same page with that
Paolo is my "opposite coast, cell phone,set-up help hotline".
C Verano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:30 AM
  #551  
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Originally Posted by C Verano
Paolo is my "opposite coast, cell phone,set-up help hotline".
yes i know what you mean .we have talk too.
paolo and the serpent usa team is allways willing to help
captian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:42 PM
  #552  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: France ,Paris
Posts: 163
Default

i ordered my 960 this afternoon ,
i found on ebay a guy who sells 960 at good price,he lives in states, i contacted him in the middle january and agreed with him to order the 960 in the beginnig on february(when the pay arrives)
i bought it in State,because it's cheaper than France(80 less...97$)
nefastseven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:48 PM
  #553  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nefastseven
i ordered my 960 this afternoon ,
i found on ebay a guy who sells 960 at good price,he lives in states, i contacted him in the middle january and agreed with him to order the 960 in the beginnig on february(when the pay arrives)
i bought it in State,because it's cheaper than France(80 less...97$)
You will be very happy with the car. Once you get it, you can come on here if you have any questions with the build or set-up.
C Verano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:05 PM
  #554  
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Originally Posted by nefastseven
i ordered my 960 this afternoon ,
i found on ebay a guy who sells 960 at good price,he lives in states, i contacted him in the middle january and agreed with him to order the 960 in the beginnig on february(when the pay arrives)
i bought it in State,because it's cheaper than France(80 less...97$)
yes you will be very happy with this car .i know i was driving it a national for the first time .
captian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:05 PM
  #555  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: France ,Paris
Posts: 163
Default

ok no problem
i read all the topic since the begining
i found the glenn's tips on mytsn
i think all will be ok

if i have a problem i'll comme here to ask you,but it's not easy for me to write in english...read is more easy than write
nefastseven is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service