R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2006, 03:22 PM   #511
Tech Fanatic
 
The OX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: In the Stix
Posts: 900
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Gday,

I am a few weeks away from buying my 960. Upgrading from the 950r.

Can anyone recommend any upgrade option to build into the car.

Any hints cautions or advice would also be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Scott
The OX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:20 PM   #512
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Longview, TEXAS - USA
Posts: 51
Default

I built mine about a month ago and I highly recommend that you go to mytsn.com and read the Tips and tricks for building the car published by Glenn Cauley (http://www.mytsn.com/products/relpublic.asp?prid=4090) This will get you to the page with all 4 articles that he wrote on building the car. They are excellent and will give you a very well built car. There are quite a few nice hop up parts available. If you go back in this thread to about December, (page 15, post dated 12-22-2005) Paolo Morganti published links to most of them in one of his posts. Personally I would recommeend the aluminum Lay shaft bracket as well as the lighweight shaft for it, Anodized gears for the small gears in the drive train (16T and 18T), CVD's, Front adjustable aluminum upper arm mounting brackets, and lightweight levers.

You are just going to LOVE this car...
Doug Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:40 AM   #513
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile S960 articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Darby
I built mine about a month ago and I highly recommend that you go to mytsn.com and read the Tips and tricks for building the car published by Glenn Cauley (http://www.mytsn.com/products/relpublic.asp?prid=4090) This will get you to the page with all 4 articles that he wrote on building the car. They are excellent and will give you a very well built car. There are quite a few nice hop up parts available. If you go back in this thread to about December, (page 15, post dated 12-22-2005) Paolo Morganti published links to most of them in one of his posts. Personally I would recommeend the aluminum Lay shaft bracket as well as the lighweight shaft for it, Anodized gears for the small gears in the drive train (16T and 18T), CVD's, Front adjustable aluminum upper arm mounting brackets, and lightweight levers.

You are just going to LOVE this car...

Hey Doug, thanks for the kind words!
It's nice to be appreciated... and besides, I find it fun to write those articles.

There are some really nice option parts for the S960. I think I list most of the option parts that I run on my car, in my articles. I installed the Serpent ceramic bearing set, and also added a Mugen (eep! ) pressure chamber between the pipe and the fuel tank... I hope my Serpent won't reject the Mugen part.

I probably won't run the lightweight QC levers as I don't think they will stand up to my driving style (esp. at the beginning of the season when I am a bit rusty). (I think this is the *kindest* way of saying that.)

I hope that people will put in feedback to my articles (in the "Talk Balk" area) to share their tips & tricks.

Best regards,
GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #514
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: France ,Paris
Posts: 163
Default

in France we have 960RC it's a special serie qith some option parts there is front driveshaft CVD,engine mount monoblock,and black brake pad

here's the link about 960RC

i think the most important is driveshaft front CVD and the race brake pad,some guys i know who have the 960RC tell me the breaking is better with the option brake pad
on my MRX3 the only options parts were front driveshaft CVD and the anti roll bar adjustable....all the remainder is of origin

at the begining in february i'll buy my 960,but not RC it's too expensive(659...795$)and i'll only add driveshaft CVD,like this i pay my 960 558(674$)
because i think engine mount monoblock is not useful has anything,and i'll buy the brake option later,when i'll have my experience with the car

it will be my first time with serpent car....i always ran with mugen(2 sting and 2 MRX3)
nefastseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #515
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefastseven
in France we have 960RC it's a special serie qith some option parts there is front driveshaft CVD,engine mount monoblock,and black brake pad

here's the link about 960RC

i think the most important is driveshaft front CVD and the race brake pad,some guys i know who have the 960RC tell me the breaking is better with the option brake pad
on my MRX3 the only options parts were front driveshaft CVD and the anti roll bar adjustable....all the remainder is of origin

at the begining in february i'll buy my 960,but not RC it's too expensive(659...795$)and i'll only add driveshaft CVD,like this i pay my 960 558(674$)
because i think engine mount monoblock is not useful has anything,and i'll buy the brake option later,when i'll have my experience with the car

it will be my first time with serpent car....i always ran with mugen(2 sting and 2 MRX3)
You will like the car. The kit goes together extremely well and the stock set-up is a very good starting point.
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #516
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Verano
Thanks Marc..To bad you're not going. It would of been fun. BTW congrats on the new Kyosho ride.
yes good luck from me too at vegas and show that new york guy driving the kyosho that serpent as steering to
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:52 AM   #517
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian
yes good luck from me too at vegas and show that new york guy driving the kyosho that serpent as steering to
Thanks. I'll do my best.
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #518
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: France ,Paris
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Verano
You will like the car. The kit goes together extremely well and the stock set-up is a very good starting point.
i think too
i have friends who bought this car and they are very happy with it

when you do a race,there is not videos or pics?

because i like to see great drivers go fast...like the raywood's videos
nefastseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #519
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

i think we all would like to see a racing channel for rc . for those that can not make it to races . and for high lights from last weekends race that you went to . we have dvd"s and magazines right now so you never know.
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #520
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,116
Default

What ceramic bearings have a good value and good performance other than the Serpent variety..... What is available....
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #521
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default winter wind up

A This a picture that Mike Strack took of my car in Vegas
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:04 PM   #522
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,116
Default

Looks good.... Serpent all the way baby..... When is Mike Strack jumping ship...HEHE
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:24 PM   #523
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

car looks planted maximize the grip and its all day 960
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:59 PM   #524
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,116
Default

That's a sweet paint scheme.. Who's the artist????
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:33 PM   #525
Tech Elite
 
C Verano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cali
Posts: 3,846
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangulo
That's a sweet paint scheme.. Who's the artist????
My cousin Jeremy paints them for me. His paint jobs are in the painting thread under the name jmgouk.
__________________
RC Target, Capricorn RC, Matrix Tires, KO PROPO America, PowerMaster Fuel, Absolute Hobbyz, Bellybutton Paint
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:23 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net