R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #16
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cyclops_
you just seen the rear-end, nothing to pass-out about....
I know but i so damn excited....wow!! i want pics from the track in Germany....
GRUNDIG415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #17
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi Grundig415

960 it is and the car is awesome.
World launch will be really short on MYTSN. Maybe M7H is able to get some picks of RV car or some guy from Germany is able to get some pics of MS car at the German Champ.

Paolo
Paolo,when is SERPENT USA gonna have them in stock?are u taking pre-orders? 415
GRUNDIG415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #18
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

I am always wonder (I just brought myself a used 950R)........what is the advantage of the old rear upright design by adjusting the rear camber, you have to play with the lower 2 pivot balls...........?
And now, 960, will use the more obvious design (like 710 and most of the TC), adjusting the upper (single) pivot ball and can adjust the rear camber....

What take SERPENT that long to figure that out...? I am sure I am not the first one that would like to see that rear upright design....but isn't that the most direct/efficient way to adjust the rear camber...?

But still, MRX4, Evolva 2005, Delta........they are all using the old Serpent type design....there must be something good about that design....just wondering...
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #19
Tech Adept
 
Electrolabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

And here it is.........


http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=11216


__________________
[Kyosho Ultima RB6 - Team Orion - LRP] - [Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI3 - Werks] - [Futaba]
Electrolabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #20
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

At the tip of the rear floating GTP mount, it use the screw (for the adjustabe wing) to tie in the body with the GTP mount....it is something new, but is that necessary..?
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:35 PM   #21
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
I am always wonder (I just brought myself a used 950R)........what is the advantage of the old rear upright design by adjusting the rear camber, you have to play with the lower 2 pivot balls...........?
And now, 960, will use the more obvious design (like 710 and most of the TC), adjusting the upper (single) pivot ball and can adjust the rear camber....

What take SERPENT that long to figure that out...? I am sure I am not the first one that would like to see that rear upright design....but isn't that the most direct/efficient way to adjust the rear camber...?

But still, MRX4, Evolva 2005, Delta........they are all using the old Serpent type design....there must be something good about that design....just wondering...


it's the same on the 705, witch was a car made when the 710 was already in development.... serpent just wasn't happy enough with the design, and so the 705 didn't have it.. i think the 950 doesn't have it because serpent wasn't happy with the 3th pivot... witch is a good reason to not use it yet...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:36 PM   #22
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 50
Default

damn i am so excited guys...its like a breath of fresh nitro....hehehehehe
can any of u guys in europe get pics?
GRUNDIG415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #23
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
At the tip of the rear floating GTP mount, it use the screw (for the adjustabe wing) to tie in the body with the GTP mount....it is something new, but is that necessary..?
isn't that screw just there to raise or lower the sides of the car?

The (normal) body posts are also on the floating GTP mount.. (loop in the top of the picture...)
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:55 PM   #24
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Adjusting rear bodymount tips

It would make sense that those screw-in adjusters at both ends of the rear bodymount are there so you can make sure the body is in full contact with the bodymount at rest.

Sometimes, depending on the body that you run, the body does not contact the end pads of the bodymount. This can cause the body to deform downwards at speed, which may result in the body scraping on the ground or contacting the wheels.

With these adjustors, you can probably adjust them so they touch the underside of the body when at rest, to ensure full contact with the bodymount.

Just my thoughts...

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:57 PM   #25
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNDIG415
damn i am so excited guys...its like a breath of fresh nitro....hehehehehe
can any of u guys in europe get pics?
Didn't the news article say they would be posting more pics on myTSN?

GlennCauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:57 PM   #26
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cyclops_
isn't that screw just there to raise or lower the sides of the car?

The (normal) body posts are also on the floating GTP mount.. (loop in the top of the picture...)
You know what, I know what that screws are for.....anyone who use LOLA body, are usually adding a piece of thick foams, so the bottom of the rear end of the body will "SEAT" onto the end of the GTP mount....now, with that adjustable screw, it can screw UP AND DOWN so it will landing onto the body while the body was mounted with the regular body clips and mount...it act as a heigh adjustalbe supporting mount.......so no more self made foam padding "SEAT" for the GTP mount anymore....good idea.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:59 PM   #27
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennCauley
It would make sense that those screw-in adjusters at both ends of the rear bodymount are there so you can make sure the body is in full contact with the bodymount at rest.

Sometimes, depending on the body that you run, the body does not contact the end pads of the bodymount. This can cause the body to deform downwards at speed, which may result in the body scraping on the ground or contacting the wheels.

With these adjustors, you can probably adjust them so they touch the underside of the body when at rest, to ensure full contact with the bodymount.

Just my thoughts...

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
That is exactly what I am thinking....but they can be use a bigger screw, with foam padding above.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #28
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

i wonder what makes more weight, the foam or this option, if it has that purpose...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:15 PM   #29
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

This weekend Serpent factory drivers Michael Salven & Rick V will debut this amazing new car in the German nationals and Dutch nationals respectively

Haha..
I will definitily take my camera with me.......

wait for the pictures beginning of next week......

(If Rick lets me take some)........
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:34 PM   #30
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
This weekend Serpent factory drivers Michael Salven & Rick V will debut this amazing new car in the German nationals and Dutch nationals respectively

Haha..
I will definitily take my camera with me.......

wait for the pictures beginning of next week......

(If Rick lets me take some)........
i will be waiting ...hehehehehe
GRUNDIG415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:35 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net