R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #2881
Tech Initiate
 
noelpcs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
#909228
do you have it in stock? can I use it without using the fixed one?

by the way, I talked to one of the serpent guys and was told that the OS2 will be sent to you by next week, and the lever, they will look into it and maybe send me one, hopefully..
noelpcs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #2882
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Switzerland, Europe
Posts: 124
Default

You use the conical washer by itself.
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #2883
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelpcs78 View Post
do you have it in stock? can I use it without using the fixed one?

by the way, I talked to one of the serpent guys and was told that the OS2 will be sent to you by next week, and the lever, they will look into it and maybe send me one, hopefully..
I have plenty in stock! how many do you need? also what do you mean by "using the fixed one" ?
by the way, aren't you suppose to be working? lol !
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #2884
Tech Initiate
 
noelpcs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
I have plenty in stock! how many do you need? also what do you mean by "using the fixed one" ?
by the way, aren't you suppose to be working? lol !
Fixed using nuts, not quick release.

I am working....( working on my 960)....
noelpcs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #2885
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Switzerland, Europe
Posts: 124
Default

I wish we can get the US version that comes with both offsets.
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #2886
Tech Addict
 
Greg M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

The cost of the parts for OS2 is about 10% of the kit cost here. I don't mind paying abit extra to get them in the kit either.
Greg M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #2887
Tech Master
 
Pyramid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: ID
Posts: 1,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelpcs78 View Post
would you know the part number of the conical washers.. looks neat..
for 08 bearing specs, http://www.serpent.com/product/903287/
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #2888
Tech Initiate
 
noelpcs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4#1 View Post
Not that the manual is wrong but I thought Serpent's assembly order for the rear uprights was a bit cumbersome. Maybe I just didn't get it. When I tried the manual's order it seem to take forever. I then tried a different order the upright went together in 5 minutes.

Maybe there is an even faster way but I found the following to be quick.

1. Press the spring (correctly oriented) into the axle
2. Install the bearings in the upright and thread the axle through
3. Thread the axle washer over the axle (in photo I used the optional conical washer)
4. Partially screw in the grub screw into the quick release lever (don't forget the Loctite!)
5. Pull the spring out of the axle a little bit, just enough to force in the quick release lever
6. Push the level back, orient with a screw driver, force in and balance the pin. Tighten the grub screw.

If anyone has an easier method, please post.
Does your kit comes with the lightened quick release lever on the rear (the one with the grub screw to tightened the pins? I got mine with the old version. How about the rims?
noelpcs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:25 PM   #2889
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Switzerland, Europe
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelpcs78 View Post
Does your kit comes with the lightened quick release lever on the rear (the one with the grub screw to tightened the pins? I got mine with the old version. How about the rims?
What rims? the kit does not come with rims, and I saw your post on another thread, you said you have issues with your kit, how is that? did you contact Serpent? are they not going to take care of you? which I'm sure they will, then that is not an issue, Serpent is one of the best in customer service, now if you keep on yacking, then I hope Serpent sees this and ditch you with your so called "issue". but they won't!
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #2890
Tech Initiate
 
noelpcs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
What rims? the kit does not come with rims, and I saw your post on another thread, you said you have issues with your kit, how is that? did you contact Serpent? are they not going to take care of you? which I'm sure they will, then that is not an issue, Serpent is one of the best in customer service, now if you keep on yacking, then I hope Serpent sees this and ditch you with your so called "issue". but they won't!
I did contact serpent and their assisting me on my concerns. I know that their best in customer service and they are very accommodating. I saw someone building the same kit with lightweight rear quick release levers which i didnt have in my kit. I have one in the front and I suppose, I should have one in the rear.

About the rims, im just asking if it is included as in the previous versions of the 960. I just wanted to know what is included in the kit since there are items included in the US version.
noelpcs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #2891
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelpcs78 View Post
Does your kit comes with the lightened quick release lever on the rear (the one with the grub screw to tightened the pins? I got mine with the old version. How about the rims?
The kit came with light quick release levers in the front and only for OS1. The rears I purchased myself. The OS2 levers are all standard.

Rob
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #2892
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelpcs78 View Post
I did contact serpent and their assisting me on my concerns. I know that their best in customer service and they are very accommodating. I saw someone building the same kit with lightweight rear quick release levers which i didnt have in my kit. I have one in the front and I suppose, I should have one in the rear.

About the rims, im just asking if it is included as in the previous versions of the 960. I just wanted to know what is included in the kit since there are items included in the US version.
No rims in my kit but getting rid of them was smart in my opinion. I never saw anyone here glue on foams and I never had a use for the rims. I'd 100 percent prefer OS2 over foams.
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #2893
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Switzerland, Europe
Posts: 124
Default

Thanks for clearing things up.

So noelpcs78, there goes your answers, that the rear lightweight quick release levers are NOT included in the kit, and neither the rims are included.
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #2894
Tech Initiate
 
noelpcs78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
Rob, Thanks for clearing things up.

So Noel there goes your answers, that the rear lightweight quick release levers are NOT included in the kit, and neither the rims are included, now do you want to buy the rims? it's for sale now.
I thank you for that......
noelpcs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #2895
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
Default Transponder holder

Anyone using a non-Serpent transponder holder? I've seen the Serpent star holder but it always seems to be out of stock when I order. The 'stick' always seems to be sold as part of a whole assembly, not on it's own.

I spotted the Mugen MRX and Kyosho M3 holders and they seem to be about the right size. Anyone try these? Any other suggestions.

Thanks.

Rob
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net