Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
do you have it in stock? can I use it without using the fixed one?

by the way, I talked to one of the serpent guys and was told that the OS2 will be sent to you by next week, and the lever, they will look into it and maybe send me one, hopefully..
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

You use the conical washer by itself.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noelpcs78
do you have it in stock? can I use it without using the fixed one?

by the way, I talked to one of the serpent guys and was told that the OS2 will be sent to you by next week, and the lever, they will look into it and maybe send me one, hopefully..
I have plenty in stock! how many do you need? also what do you mean by "using the fixed one" ?
by the way, aren't you suppose to be working? lol !
Old 04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
I have plenty in stock! how many do you need? also what do you mean by "using the fixed one" ?
by the way, aren't you suppose to be working? lol !
Fixed using nuts, not quick release.

I am working....( working on my 960)....
Old 04-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

I wish we can get the US version that comes with both offsets.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The cost of the parts for OS2 is about 10% of the kit cost here. I don't mind paying abit extra to get them in the kit either.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 AM

would you know the part number of the conical washers.. looks neat..
for 08 bearing specs, http://www.serpent.com/product/903287/
Old 04-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by going4#1
Not that the manual is wrong but I thought Serpent's assembly order for the rear uprights was a bit cumbersome. Maybe I just didn't get it. When I tried the manual's order it seem to take forever. I then tried a different order the upright went together in 5 minutes.

Maybe there is an even faster way but I found the following to be quick.

1. Press the spring (correctly oriented) into the axle
2. Install the bearings in the upright and thread the axle through
3. Thread the axle washer over the axle (in photo I used the optional conical washer)
4. Partially screw in the grub screw into the quick release lever (don't forget the Loctite!)
5. Pull the spring out of the axle a little bit, just enough to force in the quick release lever
6. Push the level back, orient with a screw driver, force in and balance the pin. Tighten the grub screw.

If anyone has an easier method, please post.
Does your kit comes with the lightened quick release lever on the rear (the one with the grub screw to tightened the pins? I got mine with the old version. How about the rims?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Does your kit comes with the lightened quick release lever on the rear (the one with the grub screw to tightened the pins? I got mine with the old version. How about the rims?
What rims? the kit does not come with rims, and I saw your post on another thread, you said you have issues with your kit, how is that? did you contact Serpent? are they not going to take care of you? which I'm sure they will, then that is not an issue, Serpent is one of the best in customer service, now if you keep on yacking, then I hope Serpent sees this and ditch you with your so called "issue". but they won't!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hello
What rims? the kit does not come with rims, and I saw your post on another thread, you said you have issues with your kit, how is that? did you contact Serpent? are they not going to take care of you? which I'm sure they will, then that is not an issue, Serpent is one of the best in customer service, now if you keep on yacking, then I hope Serpent sees this and ditch you with your so called "issue". but they won't!
I did contact serpent and their assisting me on my concerns. I know that their best in customer service and they are very accommodating. I saw someone building the same kit with lightweight rear quick release levers which i didnt have in my kit. I have one in the front and I suppose, I should have one in the rear.

About the rims, im just asking if it is included as in the previous versions of the 960. I just wanted to know what is included in the kit since there are items included in the US version.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

The kit came with light quick release levers in the front and only for OS1. The rears I purchased myself. The OS2 levers are all standard.

Rob
Old 04-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

I did contact serpent and their assisting me on my concerns. I know that their best in customer service and they are very accommodating. I saw someone building the same kit with lightweight rear quick release levers which i didnt have in my kit. I have one in the front and I suppose, I should have one in the rear.

About the rims, im just asking if it is included as in the previous versions of the 960. I just wanted to know what is included in the kit since there are items included in the US version.
No rims in my kit but getting rid of them was smart in my opinion. I never saw anyone here glue on foams and I never had a use for the rims. I'd 100 percent prefer OS2 over foams.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for clearing things up.

So noelpcs78, there goes your answers, that the rear lightweight quick release levers are NOT included in the kit, and neither the rims are included.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hello
Rob, Thanks for clearing things up.

So Noel there goes your answers, that the rear lightweight quick release levers are NOT included in the kit, and neither the rims are included, now do you want to buy the rims? it's for sale now.
I thank you for that......
Old 04-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Transponder holder

Anyone using a non-Serpent transponder holder? I've seen the Serpent star holder but it always seems to be out of stock when I order. The 'stick' always seems to be sold as part of a whole assembly, not on it's own.

I spotted the Mugen MRX and Kyosho M3 holders and they seem to be about the right size. Anyone try these? Any other suggestions.

Thanks.

Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.