R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2008, 06:36 AM   #2806
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepentNY View Post
Oh I forgot to tell you that I'm running on my serpent 960 08'
wow does the car work ? post some pics of your car
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:44 AM   #2807
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typer View Post
Just a question....michael salven isn't winning any races recently. Does it has to do with mega picco engines? Way back when he's using nova engines, he's always on the podium.
This is mainly because he is getting older, and doesn't run as much as he did some years back.
He now might be focussing more on his family life, and his company...
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #2808
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

It's kind of hard to recommend tuning specifics without knowing where you drive, how you drive, fuel you run, glowplug choice, ambient temperature, etc...
seabass2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #2809
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass2500 View Post
It's kind of hard to recommend tuning specifics without knowing where you drive, how you drive, fuel you run, glowplug choice, ambient temperature, etc...
Did you finish putting together your 08' car?
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:35 AM   #2810
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Default

I live in NY I got that engine for $600, and the car also, I finish put it together 4 weeks ago but i haven't had time to run it! On this week I'm in the process of break in the motor, it sound crazy loud! and the car run great I haven't take it to it's limits yet! cuz everything its new. but I'm concern about the right tuning of the engine (what I got to find out is that this engine is a highly maintenance engine)
And for the car it's has a look of a aggressive look it handles smooth it's sharp on the curbs and the parts for serpent are getting more expensive!
sepentNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:27 AM   #2811
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
This is mainly because he is getting older, and doesn't run as much as he did some years back.
He now might be focussing more on his family life, and his company...
he is more into testing / development.
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #2812
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BK N.Y.
Posts: 146
Send a message via AIM to FITO
Default

serpentny
serpent had been droping there prices lately on the parts. go to fbf on the weekend and im sure you will find someone to help you there.
__________________
RODOLFO
KYOSHO M3, PICCO, KO PROPO, MAXY FUEL
FITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #2813
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,852
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepentNY View Post
I live in NY I got that engine for $600, and the car also, I finish put it together 4 weeks ago but i haven't had time to run it! On this week I'm in the process of break in the motor, it sound crazy loud! and the car run great I haven't take it to it's limits yet! cuz everything its new. but I'm concern about the right tuning of the engine (what I got to find out is that this engine is a highly maintenance engine)
And for the car it's has a look of a aggressive look it handles smooth it's sharp on the curbs and the parts for serpent are getting more expensive!
It's not that their prices are getting more expensive it's the fact that the American dollar is shit on the market so when the parts come over seas the conversion is what makes the price go up, don't blame Serpent for prices blame George Bush for running the economy into the ground with a 5 year war.Anything that comes from over seas has a price increase.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #2814
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Both Fito and Serpent-Dan are correct, prices has gone down with Serpent but the Euro dollar has been so strong against the US dollar which plays part of the role in their prices.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:33 PM   #2815
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Did you finish putting together your 08' car?

Hey Sam,
I have it 90% done. I am getting the engine in tomorrow. We were supposed to start out nitro season on April 5-6 but the heavy rains may have pushed us back a bit. Just more time to get things lined up.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how it goes.
Clay
seabass2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #2816
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass2500 View Post
Hey Sam,
I have it 90% done. I am getting the engine in tomorrow. We were supposed to start out nitro season on April 5-6 but the heavy rains may have pushed us back a bit. Just more time to get things lined up.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how it goes.
Clay
okay!
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #2817
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Switzerland, Europe
Posts: 124
Default

Sam,
Do you anymore of the 08' 960 kits in stock?
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #2818
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by typer View Post
Just a question....michael salven isn't winning any races recently. Does it has to do with mega picco engines? Way back when he's using nova engines, he's always on the podium.
If you want to win, you need to enter. I think he goes out for fun to the occassional big race but probably not much more than that. Plus, I don't think Michael Salven needs to win any more races. There are a lot of good RC drivers but I think a lot will ultimately be forgotten. Few have contributed as much to on-road RC as Michael has, especially to us 1/8th on-roaders. The guy is part of RC history.
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #2819
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
Sam,
Do you anymore of the 08' 960 kits in stock?
Yes, I do have 1 in stock, it was a pre-order but the guy haven't shown up yet, so whoever wants it can buy it.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:22 AM   #2820
Tech Master
 
SRAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 1,047
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
It's not that their prices are getting more expensive it's the fact that the American dollar is shit on the market so when the parts come over seas the conversion is what makes the price go up, don't blame Serpent for prices blame George Bush for running the economy into the ground with a 5 year war.Anything that comes from over seas has a price increase.
Don't even start that Bush is to blame crap. The war has nothing to do with the economy. The dollar is weak against the Euros and all others.....nothing to do with Bush. Time to get off that bandwagon!!!
SRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:59 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net