R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #2371
Tech Elite
 
nigelnuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Artesia, SoCal.
Posts: 2,187
Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo12 View Post
I finally brought me a 960 and can't wait to put it together.
You the man!
__________________
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com / www.kamikazercracing.com
nigelnuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #2372
Tech Elite
 
nigelnuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Artesia, SoCal.
Posts: 2,187
Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALG View Post
What type of LI-PO can I use on the 960? how much mah

http://http://rc-mushroom.com/produc...ducts_id=11291

Can I use that battery???

Thanks for your help
ALG, Many of us are currently using this battery, for it is much thinner and we are able to run our fuel tanks slightly lower to aid in clearing carburetor linkages.

Available from Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies.
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 960....-thp13202sjpl-250.jpg  
__________________
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com / www.kamikazercracing.com
nigelnuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:55 PM   #2373
Tech Elite
 
nigelnuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Artesia, SoCal.
Posts: 2,187
Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets
Default

Oh, the dimensions of the battery are as follows.

Approx: 34.3mm x 63.5mm x 14mm

The mAH capacity is 1320.
__________________
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com / www.kamikazercracing.com
nigelnuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #2374
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIMRI View Post
Hi,

I have some off power steering problem. exspecially in U turns I have a lot of understeer while off power. Here is my set up , did you guys any ideas?

FRONT: Downstop . 1 mm
Shocks: Upper pos.
Spring : Red ( 40w oil)
Trackwidth : 252 mm
Ride high : 7 mm
Camber : 2mm
Caster: 4mm behind upper arm.
Toe: 1 mm
Anti rolbar : Grinded - flat pos.
Upper arm holders: alum. 1 mm lowered vers.
Wos steering blocks: 2. in right / 1. in left. (w. eccentrics installed , the axel is closser to the upper side the blocks)

REAR:
Shocks: On the bulkheads.
Spring : Red ( 40w oil)
Trackwidth : 262 mm
Ride high : 8 mm
Camber : 3.5 mm
Toe: 3 mm
Anti rolbar : Flat pos(lower pos. wide)
Wheelbase : Long
Body : 8 mm Hang on front.- Blitz

thnx
Try these, maybe these could solve your problem on understeer.
Change to softer tire in front.
Lower down your droop in front -1 or -2.
Softer oil in front say 30w.
Caster lesser.
Less Toe in rear.
Johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #2375
Tech Regular
 
jeff1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 377
Default

where can I find these parts to buy?
http://www.serpent.com/product/6643
http://www.serpent.com/product/9635
appreciated help
jeff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #2376
Tech Regular
 
Manny Fresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Philly
Posts: 302
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelnuggets View Post
You the man!
I know you have alot of knowledge on these cars if I need any help can you assist me.
__________________
Xray NT1
Blue Diamond RC
Manny Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:13 AM   #2377
Tech Adept
 
new3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: inglewood
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIMRI View Post
Hi,

I have some off power steering problem. exspecially in U turns I have a lot of understeer while off power. Here is my set up , did you guys any ideas?

FRONT: Downstop . 1 mm
Shocks: Upper pos.
Spring : Red ( 40w oil)
Trackwidth : 252 mm
Ride high : 7 mm
Camber : 2mm
Caster: 4mm behind upper arm.
Toe: 1 mm
Anti rolbar : Grinded - flat pos.
Upper arm holders: alum. 1 mm lowered vers.
Wos steering blocks: 2. in right / 1. in left. (w. eccentrics installed , the axel is closser to the upper side the blocks)

REAR:
Shocks: On the bulkheads.
Spring : Red ( 40w oil)
Trackwidth : 262 mm
Ride high : 8 mm
Camber : 3.5 mm
Toe: 3 mm
Anti rolbar : Flat pos(lower pos. wide)
Wheelbase : Long
Body : 8 mm Hang on front.- Blitz

thnx
question how hard of tires are you running, what is your track surface is it high bite or med or low bite. what is thesplit between your front and rear tires. if you use a 7 split it may help you quite abit. if you run on a higher bite surface you may have to go to harder tires. i run on a med ot low bite surface out here and i run 38 to 40's depending on the heat of the track. i would actually widen your rear to 265. this will increase the rotation in the corner. I dont see your droop settings try 0 and 8 to start . if your track is bummpy -1 and 7 if a lot of high speed 0 and 9 it keep your car flater but you can conpensateby agressively attacking the hairpins and drive through them. if you want a more agressive car we have been testing and we are pretty close. i will give you more if you want. oh by the way what is your rear roll center that can also free up your car a bit by raising for the bottom hole to the middle hole. you canshorten the car and that will give you more steering everywhere. these are some of the things that i have tried that seem to help qite a bit. if your want more let me know
__________________
www.new3racing.com, OFNA, Mugan MRX5wc, www.speedshophobbies.com, western engineering, redline racing fuels,
new3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:48 AM   #2378
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1 View Post
where can I find these parts to buy?
http://www.serpent.com/product/6643
http://www.serpent.com/product/9635
appreciated help
Jeff, that is the "old" vector gearbox.....
Does not fit the new LC gearbox....

But if you want them, try www.the-border.com
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:29 AM   #2379
Tech Adept
 
CIMRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by new3 View Post
question how hard of tires are you running, what is your track surface is it high bite or med or low bite. what is thesplit between your front and rear tires. if you use a 7 split it may help you quite abit. if you run on a higher bite surface you may have to go to harder tires. i run on a med ot low bite surface out here and i run 38 to 40's depending on the heat of the track. i would actually widen your rear to 265. this will increase the rotation in the corner. I dont see your droop settings try 0 and 8 to start . if your track is bummpy -1 and 7 if a lot of high speed 0 and 9 it keep your car flater but you can conpensateby agressively attacking the hairpins and drive through them. if you want a more agressive car we have been testing and we are pretty close. i will give you more if you want. oh by the way what is your rear roll center that can also free up your car a bit by raising for the bottom hole to the middle hole. you canshorten the car and that will give you more steering everywhere. these are some of the things that i have tried that seem to help qite a bit. if your want more let me know
Hi,
I am using ATS 35s tires all around. My tire wear is rear to front very good. That why im not thing of using different shores. Split is 6 mm. 68mm front, 74 mm rear.
My rear roll center is on the middle. Rear rollbar 45 deg. The surface of the track is flat and mid - high bit! The track is very fast but need a good setup for U turns. About the droop I have no idea. I havent messure my droop this time. Actually im not using droop much ,only playing w. dowstops. Is it wrong?
Normally I have 264 mm rear widht. I'll try this time 262 mm. Is this a wrong idea?
CIMRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #2380
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Posts: 304
Default

For tight U-Turns, the rear downstop "droop" lowered will help, so will a shorter wheelbase.
Darint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 AM   #2381
Tech Adept
 
CIMRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darint View Post
For tight U-Turns, the rear downstop "droop" lowered will help, so will a shorter wheelbase.

Did you mean less downstop on the rear?

ps: I sent you a pm. sorry fatal error
CIMRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:07 AM   #2382
Tech Regular
 
Manny Fresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Philly
Posts: 302
Default Ashford Hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1 View Post
where can I find these parts to buy?
http://www.serpent.com/product/6643
http://www.serpent.com/product/9635
appreciated help
Hey Jeff1 ashford hobby may be a good place, part#6643 is $28.75, and part# 9635 is $23.35.
__________________
Xray NT1
Blue Diamond RC
Manny Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #2383
Tech Elite
 
nigelnuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Artesia, SoCal.
Posts: 2,187
Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo12 View Post
I know you have alot of knowledge on these cars if I need any help can you assist me.
Anytime sir.
__________________
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com / www.kamikazercracing.com
nigelnuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #2384
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1 View Post
where can I find these parts to buy?
http://www.serpent.com/product/6643
http://www.serpent.com/product/9635
appreciated help
In stock at Winner's Circle.

9635 = $10
6643 = $29.50
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:19 PM   #2385
Tech Adept
 
new3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: inglewood
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIMRI View Post
Hi,
I am using ATS 35s tires all around. My tire wear is rear to front very good. That why im not thing of using different shores. Split is 6 mm. 68mm front, 74 mm rear.
My rear roll center is on the middle. Rear rollbar 45 deg. The surface of the track is flat and mid - high bit! The track is very fast but need a good setup for U turns. About the droop I have no idea. I havent messure my droop this time. Actually im not using droop much ,only playing w. dowstops. Is it wrong?
Normally I have 264 mm rear widht. I'll try this time 262 mm. Is this a wrong idea?
i would recommend using harder tires. 38 all the way around or 40's. the wider the rear end the better your rotation because the car see's itself shorter. do you have a droop gauge this is where you take off your tires sway bars and shocks and measure the distant from the bottom of the chassie to the bottom of the steering knuckles and and the rear up rights. this limits the roll from front to back and from side to side. these are very important. in the front the stering knockle should be level with the bottom of the chassy the rear up rights should be 7 - 8 mm above the levl of the bottom of the chassy. your split of 6 also take away from your stearing i would recommend 7mm this will also help withthe drive train wear. start at

Out in so cal most of us are running harder spring front and back to create more recovery in the switch back. most are run blues all the way around i personally am running purples all the way around and yes the car stick in the corner. i also went to light oil. If you want i could give you the intire setup. it is very raticle it rotates like a mugan in the corners. you can drive it very hard into u turns. and carry all kinds of speed. It isn't for everyone. also make one change at a time. it is very important you do this because everything i have given you make a little changr soyouo can get use to what changes in your car. if you do everything it may scare you. there is a fundemental change in the way you drive the car.
__________________
www.new3racing.com, OFNA, Mugan MRX5wc, www.speedshophobbies.com, western engineering, redline racing fuels,

Last edited by new3; 07-09-2007 at 08:29 PM.
new3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net