R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2007, 01:54 AM   #2236
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs
i thought that endplay is the float in the clutchbell with all parts installed, and endgap is the float with the bearings removed?
Yes, so a 0.7mm endplay also to me looks impossible....
But maybe nigel sets his clutches correct, but we don't understand exactly what he means.....
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:36 AM   #2237
Tech Elite
 
nigelnuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Artesia, SoCal.
Posts: 2,187
Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H
Yes, so a 0.7mm endplay also to me looks impossible....
But maybe nigel sets his clutches correct, but we don't understand exactly what he means.....
Thats probably it.
__________________
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com / www.kamikazercracing.com
nigelnuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #2238
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Hi. I have a 960 with some aluminium optionals (alu middle block,alu radio plate support, alu rear bumper) and am using stainless steel M4 screws. I noticed that serpent has aluminium M4 screw kits.

Since my car weights 2.8kg without fuel, i'd like to decrease that so i ask if anyone uses the aluminium screws and don't they get stuck a lot (i mean the head strips and you cant remove them) ?

Thanks for any answer. Also, tips for removing extra weight welcome
Storm_PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:39 PM   #2239
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm_PT
Hi. I have a 960 with some aluminium optionals (alu middle block,alu radio plate support, alu rear bumper) and am using stainless steel M4 screws. I noticed that serpent has aluminium M4 screw kits.

Since my car weights 2.8kg without fuel, i'd like to decrease that so i ask if anyone uses the aluminium screws and don't they get stuck a lot (i mean the head strips and you cant remove them) ?

Thanks for any answer. Also, tips for removing extra weight welcome
A lot of Serpent drivers uses the Aluminum screw kit that Serpent offers, it will significantly drop the weight when using the aluminum screws, and if concerned about the philips head getting stripped, well it won't strip as long as you use the correct size philips head screw driver. and regarding the removal of excess weight in your car, you can use titanium pivot balls in your suspension, change the pivot ball caps to the new nylon ones with part # 803198 and your car's weight will be lighter.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:13 PM   #2240
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
A lot of Serpent drivers uses the Aluminum screw kit that Serpent offers, it will significantly drop the weight when using the aluminum screws, and if concerned about the philips head getting stripped, well it won't strip as long as you use the correct size philips head screw driver. and regarding the removal of excess weight in your car, you can use titanium pivot balls in your suspension, change the pivot ball caps to the new nylon ones with part # 803198 and your car's weight will be lighter.
Yes, i already have the nylon pivot ball caps and lightened quickrelease levers in the front. I'll probably get the aluminium screws and titanium pivot balls (what is the part number ? cant seem to find them in serpent.com) and the lightened quickrelease for the rear too. Will get a quality phillips screw driver too

Thanks for the help.
Storm_PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #2241
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Posts: 304
Default

The stock plastic parts are actually about half the weight of the aluminum "hop-up" parts.
__________________
www.RCAmerica.com - XRAY - HUDY - Max - JACO - KO PROPO
Darint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #2242
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: san jose, ca.
Posts: 396
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

you can also use the alum. pivot balls from the 720 in the upper arms
__________________
SERPENT AMERICA / Desoto Racing / kosmic fuel
michael 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:39 AM   #2243
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael 1
you can also use the alum. pivot balls from the 720 in the upper arms
If they are 8.5mm why only on the upper arms ? I think all pivot balls in the 960 are 8.5mm.
Storm_PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:48 AM   #2244
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: san jose, ca.
Posts: 396
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

to keep as much of the weight below the axel as you can
__________________
SERPENT AMERICA / Desoto Racing / kosmic fuel
michael 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #2245
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 43
Default

What's up mike. Are racing the region12 and the nats
Steven Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #2246
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 43
Default

sorry Are you racing the region12 and nats in vegas
Steven Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:48 PM   #2247
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Jackson
sorry Are you racing the region12 and nats in vegas
Are you BACK ?

SAM
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:02 AM   #2248
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 43
Default

I missed the mugen race because of work
Steven Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:45 AM   #2249
Tech Elite
 
nigelnuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Artesia, SoCal.
Posts: 2,187
Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets
Default

glad to hear youre still in it mayn. Heard you were out of the game!
__________________
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com / www.kamikazercracing.com
nigelnuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #2250
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: san jose, ca.
Posts: 396
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Steve , for sure the nats, where is the reg. 12 at ? see ya in sept.
__________________
SERPENT AMERICA / Desoto Racing / kosmic fuel
michael 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net