Serpent 960....

Reply

Old 04-20-2007, 05:51 PM
  #2161  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Racer Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Chesapeake,VA
Posts: 929
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by captian
i will be there next weekend
Next week I will!! Captian has 1000 post good job man
Racer Z is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:01 PM
  #2162  
Tech Regular
 
Orfeous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Umeň, Sweden
Posts: 293
Default

got a problem with those two bearing adapters for the rear inner bearings.
the spacer in the middle of the inner and outer bearing is blocking the way for the inner bearing to get pressed in if you understand? can i remove the spacer?
problem is that my bearing inner diameter is smaller than the original bearing.

what to do??
Orfeous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:19 PM
  #2163  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default What body???

Racer Z, Captain, or Serpent What bodys are you guys using.... I have to get a new one, I was using the Lola VDS from Serpent... would the Parma Audi would work kind of the same....
with the VDS looks like I wa having better steering compare to the Protoform.

Also can you tell me how tight do I need to setup the clutch spring???

Thaks in advance..
RC-ProSpeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 05:27 PM
  #2164  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,164
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
Racer Z, Captain, or Serpent What bodys are you guys using.... I have to get a new one, I was using the Lola VDS from Serpent... would the Parma Audi would work kind of the same....
with the VDS looks like I wa having better steering compare to the Protoform.

Also can you tell me how tight do I need to setup the clutch spring???

Thaks in advance..
We did a head to head shoot-out between the Serpent SUS Central body, the R10, The R03, the whip and the dome a few weeks ago and everyone thought that the Serpent SUS body was best followed closely by the Parma R10. The whip and dome made the car looser and the Parma 03 did not have enough steering. I hope this help.
Winner's Circle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:26 PM
  #2165  
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Originally Posted by Racer Z
Next week I will!! Captian has 1000 post good job man
see you at 301 then!!!! ah man stop that
captian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:32 PM
  #2166  
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
Racer Z, Captain, or Serpent What bodys are you guys using.... I have to get a new one, I was using the Lola VDS from Serpent... would the Parma Audi would work kind of the same....
with the VDS looks like I wa having better steering compare to the Protoform.

Also can you tell me how tight do I need to setup the clutch spring???

Thaks in advance..
i am using the serpent usa body ..as for the clutch set if you at 301 this weekend i will help you with that
captian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:41 PM
  #2167  
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Originally Posted by Orfeous
got a problem with those two bearing adapters for the rear inner bearings.
the spacer in the middle of the inner and outer bearing is blocking the way for the inner bearing to get pressed in if you understand? can i remove the spacer?
problem is that my bearing inner diameter is smaller than the original bearing.

what to do??
i think this should help you with that problem and these help with the stress on the one bearing and help 2 of them work together
http://www.serpent.com/product/903225/
captian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:47 PM
  #2168  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by captian
i am using the serpent usa body ..as for the clutch set if you at 301 this weekend i will help you with that

Thanks... I think the clutch is finally the last adjusment that I need to make.... now is time to save some $$$ FOR A POWERFULL engine....because at 301 you guys are fast on that straighway.
BTW what gearing you running at 301..I got the stock one 16/48 19/45....

Last edited by RC-ProSpeed; 04-23-2007 at 06:31 AM.
RC-ProSpeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:14 AM
  #2169  
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
Thanks... I think the clutch is finally the last adjusment that I need to make.... now is time to save some $$$ FOR A POWERFULL engine....because at 301 you guys are fast on that straighway.
BTW what gearing you running at 301..I got the stock one 16/45 19/48....
you mean first 16/48 2nd 19/45 and gearing all depends on the engine and tire size .
captian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:32 AM
  #2170  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by captian
you mean first 16/48 2nd 19/45 and gearing all depends on the engine and tire size .

Ups..my bad...yes the 16/48 19/45
The engine is Sirio
RC-ProSpeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:58 AM
  #2171  
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
Ups..my bad...yes the 16/48 19/45
The engine is Sirio
i used 16/49 19/45 and 50
captian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:12 AM
  #2172  
Tech Regular
 
Orfeous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Umeň, Sweden
Posts: 293
Default

Originally Posted by captian
i think this should help you with that problem and these help with the stress on the one bearing and help 2 of them work together
http://www.serpent.com/product/903225/

no, i solved the problem... i took the spacer out and replaced the standard shims to the smaller shims that was included in the bag with adapters :P but the wheelbearing adapters arent good..! there are some play when i try them so i went back to my other yellow ones no play att all
Orfeous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:35 AM
  #2173  
Tech Regular
 
Orfeous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Umeň, Sweden
Posts: 293
Default

what tension on the front belt is recommended i have the hardest now and with a new standard belt not the pro..
Orfeous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:51 AM
  #2174  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
We did a head to head shoot-out between the Serpent SUS Central body, the R10, The R03, the whip and the dome a few weeks ago and everyone thought that the Serpent SUS body was best followed closely by the Parma R10. The whip and dome made the car looser and the Parma 03 did not have enough steering. I hope this help.

Thank you for the info.
RC-ProSpeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:33 PM
  #2175  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,164
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Orfeous
what tension on the front belt is recommended i have the hardest now and with a new standard belt not the pro..
Even on the tightest front belt setting my belt would stretch and become loose. A friend of mine made me this front belt tensioner. Now my front belt last about 2x as long as in the past.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 960....-belt-tensioner.jpg  
Winner's Circle is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service