Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 960....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Cool

Paulo, great to see you and Gianni come on to the west coast, hope you enjoyed that "Soul Food " lunch!!..see you guys at the winternats!!

Glenn
Old 12-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Chris, Glenn, Nigel, and all the crew: It was nice see you again guys. Beside everything we had a good time. Car where really working GOOD!!! So see you guys next time and thanks for the hospitality and the Soul Food!!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Chris, Glenn, Nigel, and all the crew: It was nice see you again guys. Beside everything we had a good time. Car where really working GOOD!!! So see you guys next time and thanks for the hospitality and the Soul Food!!

anytime paolo! see you in february. yes the cars were dialed. extremely dialed.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Paulo, could U please post those setups for the Serpent guys down here?

Thanks!!

G.W.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racer Z
Has anyone tried the Teflon Brake Pads for the 960? Wonder how they hold up!! I think the part # is 903209
my opinion is that the teflonpads is better than the racepads..
Old 12-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Orfeous
my opinion is that the teflonpads is better than the racepads..
How long do they last? They seem pretty thin.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

it depend on how much you brake and how hard the brake setting is.
i dont brake i just release the throttle and steer into corners.. and then accelerate out of it.. often...
Old 12-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Winternats Tips and Setup

Paolo / Doug

Can you give us some guidance as to what works best for the upcoming Winternats? Updates to the setup and also any must have parts.

Thanks for you help and we look forward to seeing you all and the Team in Ft. Myers again this year.

doug
Old 12-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
Paulo, could U please post those setups for the Serpent guys down here?

Thanks!!

G.W.
Glenn, I will post the setups tomorrow
Old 12-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Doug Darby
Paolo / Doug

Can you give us some guidance as to what works best for the upcoming Winternats? Updates to the setup and also any must have parts.

Thanks for you help and we look forward to seeing you all and the Team in Ft. Myers again this year.

doug
Hi Doug,

Sure, tomorrow i will write down some stuff

Paolo
Old 12-16-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Doug,

Sure, tomorrow i will write down some stuff

Paolo
Paolo,

I am curious about your experience with short wheelbase set-ups. I have lost steering in high speed sweepers with short wheel base but I had slightly more steering in the off throttle low speed turns. Overall my lap times have been slower when I run short wheel base. Have you had any luck with shortwheel base? If so, share a set-up with me please.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
Paolo,

I am curious about your experience with short wheelbase set-ups. I have lost steering in high speed sweepers with short wheel base but I had slightly more steering in the off throttle low speed turns. Overall my lap times have been slower when I run short wheel base. Have you had any luck with shortwheel base? If so, share a set-up with me please.
I feel really confortable with long wheel base too. Lately i have being running always 2mm short. I think is a good balance. You just need to run harder rear that front (dampening, sway bar, high roll center position, less caster, etc. etc)

I will post something tonight.

Paolo
Old 12-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

I feel really confortable with long wheel base too. Lately i have being running always 2mm short. I think is a good balance. You just need to run harder rear that front (dampening, sway bar, high roll center position, less caster, etc. etc)

I will post something tonight.

Paolo
I guess I haven't spent enough time in the past with the short wheel base because after a full day of testing today with the short wheel base I got the car working really good. I ran the wheel base in the shortes position.

I ended up with red front springs and grey rear springs. 35 shock oil in front and 40 in the back. Both sway bars were stiff. I think the thing that really made the biggest difference was when I reduced the caster to 5mm in front of the upper arm. I ended up with a car that was good in the high speed sweeper and still good off throttle in the slow turns.

One of the other Serpent 960 drivers saw how good my car was running and he tried the short wheel base and really liked it.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Default upper rear arm

Has anyone tried the non default rear arm position where the inserts for the rear upper pins are positioned so that the pivot pin is located higher and further out? This will require that the pivot ball be screwed further to make the upper arm shorter in in-order to get the desired camber.

There are post on the Kyosho thread about the NEW shorter upper rear arm that is suppose to give more rear traction. It got me thinking that reversing this insert on the 960 and adjusting the pivot ball in may result increase rear bite. I have made this change on my car but it will be at least 2 weeks before I get a chance to try it.

I will post my findings.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:13 AM

it does, but if you need more than 4 degree camber on the rear with short uppler link configuration, trimming rear uprights required (attachment noted).
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 960....-step2_6_mod.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.