R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2006, 08:11 AM   #286
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

The manual says to use a small ball cup on the front shocks but the shock extends to 100% before the droop screws come into play. You also cant get enough ground clearance when the front tyres are worn.


I changed the front shock ball cup to medium and its OK now.

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:50 AM   #287
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 778
Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
The manual says to use a small ball cup on the front shocks but the shock extends to 100% before the droop screws come into play. You also cant get enough ground clearance when the front tyres are worn.


I changed the front shock ball cup to medium and its OK now.

Cheers
i use the small ball cup per manual without problem. when the shock extends to 100%, the travel distance should be 12mm from shock body to the ball cup if I remember correctly.
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:38 AM   #288
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I just put my 05 together. While doing a test run, I got into a small accident. Besides, rc-toro and ace, where in US can you find 05 parts? I want to get the alum front arm mount? I saw it in rc-mushroom. But, I don't want to pay for the oversea shipping. Thx for your help in advance.
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:26 PM   #289
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverM3
I just put my 05 together. While doing a test run, I got into a small accident. Besides, rc-toro and ace, where in US can you find 05 parts? I want to get the alum front arm mount? I saw it in rc-mushroom. But, I don't want to pay for the oversea shipping. Thx for your help in advance.

Ace Hobbies: (800) 383-2657
Ashford Hobbies: (814) 364-9250
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:32 PM   #290
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default new to 1/8

hey guys
i want to start racing 1/8

ive been using a v one rrr for over a year now but i wanna get into 1/8 as well
ive read up on the evolva and the mugen mrx but im not sure about the pros and cons of each

i would prefer to go the kyosho evolva as it looks similiar to the rrr so i guess setup could be the same. and my parts distributor stocks all the kyosho stuff.

i just wanted to know if anyone here has tested both these cars ? ill be racing on a permanent track (moorebank - sydney) with high grip
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:39 PM   #291
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr
hey guys
i want to start racing 1/8

ive been using a v one rrr for over a year now but i wanna get into 1/8 as well
ive read up on the evolva and the mugen mrx but im not sure about the pros and cons of each

i would prefer to go the kyosho evolva as it looks similiar to the rrr so i guess setup could be the same. and my parts distributor stocks all the kyosho stuff.

i just wanted to know if anyone here has tested both these cars ? ill be racing on a permanent track (moorebank - sydney) with high grip
Here's our site with all of our "testing" and results. Feel free to browse and use the info. The site will be used/posted too heavily this year as the Evolva's USA presence increases. The Evolva is great on High Bite tracks.

http://www.empirercracing.com/blog.html
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #292
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr
hey guys
i want to start racing 1/8

ive been using a v one rrr for over a year now but i wanna get into 1/8 as well
ive read up on the evolva and the mugen mrx but im not sure about the pros and cons of each

i would prefer to go the kyosho evolva as it looks similiar to the rrr so i guess setup could be the same. and my parts distributor stocks all the kyosho stuff.

i just wanted to know if anyone here has tested both these cars ? ill be racing on a permanent track (moorebank - sydney) with high grip
I raced the RRR all last year and then switched to the Evolva for this season. I was impressed at the deffinate handling of the car compared to the 1/10th I thought it would be less nimble but it seems more reponsive and seems to hold the line easier.

Applying full power when not even 1/3rd through the corner is awesome! The car just hooks around and then blasts along the straight.

__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #293
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default engine

what do u guys think of the os .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T (P)

i dont wanna start with a super huge hp engine just till i get used to its speed and handling

are there any other engines you recommend at a good price ?
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #294
Tech Addict
 
luketob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Beautiful Socal
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr
what do u guys think of the os .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T (P)

i dont wanna start with a super huge hp engine just till i get used to its speed and handling

are there any other engines you recommend at a good price ?
If you can, get novarossi base engines, my R1 motor is running pretty strong and it temps consistently 180-185 and it can keep up with expensive motors, it's just the matter how you break in the motor and how you setup the clutch. I was going to get the VZ but too many people having problem with its inner bearings. Ninja engines will be out soon (i think) and the price is very competitive so maybe you could look into that, i know i'll be getting one soon.
luketob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #295
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: colorado springs
Posts: 225
Default

silverM3 - you can also get kyosho parts directly through KyoshoUSA. Just give them a call.

mrgsr - both the evolva and mrx3/4 are great cars and you wouldn't be wrong to choose either one. If you can get an Novarossi R1 motor, I would (that's what I'll be running this season for my club motor). The Ninja engines have a good price as does the new RB Xenon Speedline motors (really interested in seeing how these motors stack up to the other competition 21's out there).
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:00 PM   #296
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel
a good price as does the new RB Xenon Speedline motors (really interested in seeing how these motors stack up to the other competition 21's out there).
The Xenon R is fast (we have been running a pre-production version). We'll have it with us in Texas. Come check it out.

Last edited by Rich Browne; 03-21-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:03 PM   #297
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thx a lot for the replies. I will certain go take a look at Ashford's web site. I don't want to buy directly from Kyosho USA because they charge $$$$$$
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #298
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: colorado springs
Posts: 225
Default

Rich - I would love to come down to Texas but getting all 1/8th scale stuff as tapped my money supply for the moment. I'll be sure to ask Sal about how that motor runs. I'm looking to getting one before my first national race (I plan on running at the GLC this year and maybe the Paris Memorial).

silverM3 - I really didn't notice much difference between KyoshoUSA and Ace Hardware, other than getting the parts I wanted was easier through KyoshoUSA.
darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #299
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Just a quick FYI to all Evolva owners
I know how hard it can get to find parts for this car especially if you are the only one driving a Evolva like myself.
Just got word that brooklynhobbies has got a huge inventory on Kyosho evolva & RRR & he is giving 20% discount on all parts
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #300
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 710baby
Just a quick FYI to all Evolva owners
I know how hard it can get to find parts for this car especially if you are the only one driving a Evolva like myself.
Just got word that brooklynhobbies has got a huge inventory on Kyosho evolva & RRR & he is giving 20% discount on all parts
How did you get the 20% discount? Do I need to call them?

Sorry to say this. But, brooklynhobbies do not carry a huge inventory on Kyosho 05 evolva compared to rc-toro, ace, and ashford.
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTS: Kyosho Evolva 2005 GT Racer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 11-06-2006 06:45 PM
Kyosho Evolva 2005. RcXtion Malaysian R/C Racers 32 09-20-2006 10:47 AM
Kyosho Evolva 2005 kit $250.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 07-25-2006 01:18 PM
2005 Kyosho Evolva New in Box ATOMIC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 05-01-2006 09:07 PM
New in Box 2005 Kyosho Evolva $550.00 ATOMIC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-30-2006 09:57 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net