ROAR GT Rules

Old 11-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Sorry IGT8F in not in the Insurance selling business.

I can tell you as a previous track owner that was not a ROAR sanctioned tracked like many others in this country. A track/shop owner just to do business has to carry a $1,000,000 minimum commercial liability insurance. This is more then enough to cover your insurance needs for any type of incident that may occur.
Just about every comm. liability policy I have glanced over has very fine print for no coverage for incidents involving racing or contests of speed. This is one of the reasons the ROAR insurance exists, to take up this slack should a racing event occur at a member facility. And if you think 1 mil has you covered in today's litigious society, just let some 8 year old kid get clocked in the head by an airborne GT and be spoon fed pablum for the rest of his life. One million wont cover the Texas Hammers contingency fee.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by P2gee
Just about every comm. liability policy I have glanced over has very fine print for no coverage for incidents involving racing or contests of speed. This is one of the reasons the ROAR insurance exists, to take up this slack should a racing event occur at a member facility. And if you think 1 mil has you covered in today's litigious society, just let some 8 year old kid get clocked in the head by an airborne GT and be spoon fed pablum for the rest of his life. One million wont cover the Texas Hammers contingency fee.
yes ... you should bare that in mind when you race.
Remember ROAR only covers you for and at ROAR sanctioned events at a ROAR race track.
A track proclaiming they are running to ROAR rules does not mean you are covered for that event!

If your lucky, you may have one event in your area that is actually covered under the ROAR insurance policy a year .... maybe two. Some areas ... NONE at all!!
Then when you try and claim ... the fight begins.

Insurance companies will cover you for racing your car. All you have to do is ask.

Regards,
BM
Old 11-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by British Menace

Insurance companies will cover you for racing your car. All you have to do is ask.

Regards,
BM

....and PAY $$$$$$$$
Old 11-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

....and PAY $$$$$$$$
You think you will get it for free

Well ... if you think $35 is a good rate for 1 race a year... then go for it.
Unless you travel to lots of ROAR events around the country ..... = $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Regards,
BM
Old 11-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

So in your scenario, ROAR is your and "our" savior and will cover it all. Hhmmm

And were exactly and how do you think we race?? Completely WILD and unsafe, no boundaries or rules to keep everyone safe????

Oh I forgot we let the children just roam loose at our races, my bad.

Here's an idea, tell your ROAR organization to merge with us and move on. We adopt all their rules at our races for 1/10TC & 1/8 OPEN already.
Leave GT8 to IGT8F!

You fellas keep saying 1/10TC & 1/8 OPEN is dying under ROAR.

From my point view they have had 2 shots at getting it right. Let's try something new. They already control every other class, just leave GT8 alone, go back to SLEEP. You have had 3+yrs to do something or anything. Really now you decide to wake up??

It's 2013 almost 2014 ROAR has been in RC for a long time and will continue to be, I get that. But seriously most of you advocates are not even GT8 racers. Run don't run that's on you.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Is IGT8F recognized as a sanctioning block of IFMAR for world championships? ROAR is always looking for regional directors to help organize those non-existent races in your region. I can speak for Region 2 as the director, where there are at least 13 ROAR events for onroad and offroad combined. It's all volunteer work too. Please feel free to submit any feedback on the ROAR website forums. I know some guys on this thread have already done so.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Is IGT8F recognized as a sanctioning block of IFMAR for world championships? ROAR is always looking for regional directors to help organize those non-existent races in your region. I can speak for Region 2 as the director, where there are at least 13 ROAR events for onroad and offroad combined. It's all volunteer work too. Please feel free to submit any feedback on the ROAR website forums. I know some guys on this thread have already done so.
This is awesome for your Region, your volunteers must be very passionate.

But this is not the case in Region 9, and I know the Director and volunteers personally. (Nick L & Bob I)
I contacted and advised then of my plans with IGT8F since the first of the year, with no response or action.

My issue with ROAR is GT8 had been ignored for so many years and after one month of launching IGT8F they post rules. Not to mention all the time, effort and money that many and myself invested prior to the launch to organize and set everything up.

Relationships are made and plans have and will continue to move forward as if ROAR didn't exist for GT8.

Our first GT8 World Event is already scheduled with venue and Sponsors. You can choose to support or not, but we already have International interest with many drivers already pulling immigration visas to attend.

http://igt8f.com/gt8-wcc-2/

If ROAR cares so much why have they or anyone else for that matter even sent me one email.
I also plan on racing 1/10 Nitro TC this season and I have no problem following ROAR rules and being a member to attend their races.

Their timing is complete BULLSHIT!!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmackani
Ahhh . that is good isn't it ............

So, are you saying that in Region 2, a guy running a 1/10th TC Nitro car (200mm) would have more then two (2) events a year? Or is it just the one? .... I can't tell.
Either way. ROAR has its own problems.

Leave GT8 out of it and let IGT8F take care of that class.

Regards
BM
Old 11-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Here's the thing Roar is its own organization. I have headed up the USTVA (trans am electric) for a few years and I have been involved with it since the start. When we started setting things up we never expected Roar to be worried about what we are doing. I have been involved with Roar in some capacity all that time. Their trans am rules are different than ours but that is sort of how it has to be. If you are doing things and people like it they will come to you. Just worry about what your plans are.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
Here's the thing Roar is its own organization. I have headed up the USTVA (trans am electric) for a few years and I have been involved with it since the start. When we started setting things up we never expected Roar to be worried about what we are doing. I have been involved with Roar in some capacity all that time. Their trans am rules are different than ours but that is sort of how it has to be. If you are doing things and people like it they will come to you. Just worry about what your plans are.
Good words .... noted. Thank you for the sanity :-)

Regards
BM
Old 11-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

.....If you are doing things and people like it they will come to you......
This line from robk's post sums it up the best!! There should not be any arguments at all here. You have two choices: either you can participate with ROAR or go the other direction.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
This line from robk's post sums it up the best!! There should not be any arguments at all here. You have two choices: either you can participate with ROAR or go the other direction.
YUP!!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
This is awesome for your Region, your volunteers must be very passionate.

But this is not the case in Region 9, and I know the Director and volunteers personally. (Nick L & Bob I)
I contacted and advised then of my plans with IGT8F since the first of the year, with no response or action.

My issue with ROAR is GT8 had been ignored for so many years and after one month of launching IGT8F they post rules. Not to mention all the time, effort and money that many and myself invested prior to the launch to organize and set everything up.

Relationships are made and plans have and will continue to move forward as if ROAR didn't exist for GT8.

Our first GT8 World Event is already scheduled with venue and Sponsors. You can choose to support or not, but we already have International interest with many drivers already pulling immigration visas to attend.

http://igt8f.com/gt8-wcc-2/

If ROAR cares so much why have they or anyone else for that matter even sent me one email.
I also plan on racing 1/10 Nitro TC this season and I have no problem following ROAR rules and being a member to attend their races.

Their timing is complete BULLSHIT!!
Take a look over most of RCTECH and see where ROAR executives ever communicate via this forum in an official capacity. I would be surprised on ROAR emailing you unless you communicate with them first. All the emails are available on their website and they do respond. I would not be so quick to assume this was done with any intention of time frames with your organization.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I do not post much here on RC Tech when a lot of people hide behind screen names. To many Internet Keyboard tough guys. That is why when I post it is usually about race information.

If you read the new GT8 rules this was the first thing posted:

With the growing popularity of the GT8 class and at the request of our members we have decided on a rules package for this class. ROAR will monitor how this rules package is working and will make adjustments as needed.

This is not a perfect world and I am sure everyone posting here is a National Champion and knows everything about RC Cars.

We are going to be making a few adjustments to the rules in a very short time.

What most of you do not understand is most of the Excomm members also have real jobs. Their sole purpose is not to monitor RC Tech. We try and use the ROAR forums as the main means of communication.

Feel free to reply in the ROAR forums. Or email me at [email protected]
Old 11-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dlarry
I do not post much here on RC Tech when a lot of people hide behind screen names. To many Internet Keyboard tough guys. That is why when I post it is usually about race information.

If you read the new GT8 rules this was the first thing posted:

With the growing popularity of the GT8 class and at the request of our members we have decided on a rules package for this class. ROAR will monitor how this rules package is working and will make adjustments as needed.

This is not a perfect world and I am sure everyone posting here is a National Champion and knows everything about RC Cars.

We are going to be making a few adjustments to the rules in a very short time.

What most of you do not understand is most of the Excomm members also have real jobs. Their sole purpose is not to monitor RC Tech. We try and use the ROAR forums as the main means of communication.

Feel free to reply in the ROAR forums. Or email me at [email protected]
AMEN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.