Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR GT Rules

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
china's companies: team c and ofna should now produce a GT8 with front end kick chassis.
Really??

ROAR should man up and adopt or at lesst work with what has already been established. Not reinvent the wheel.

ROAR is suppose to work for us not the other way around.

The best set of rules for GT8 OPEN/PRO that has been tried and tested and has International interest are Doug McNally rules he established for the Pan American 1/8 GT Race in Homestead Florida.

IGT8F OPEN-PRO CLASS RULES are an exact duplicate of these set of rules. Just short version.

Now most of you dont agree with IGT8F "SPEC" CLASS RULES and that is perfectly fine. This class is not designed or intended for the vast majority currently racing GT.
Its True purpose is to revive all those neglected (Long) chassis cars into a class of its own.

To me the new ROAR RULES, looks like a "SPEC" CLASS that would be very difficult to tech.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well now that ROAR is on board XRAY and MUGEN can join the fun. I think that makes it better for everyone.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
I have about 10 painted/unpainted Kyosho bodies stashed away in the back of my walk-in closet. Been picking them up in my travels over the last three years.
Damn you! Lolol

I guess my .28 truggy motor will be no good? Lol.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

This is why I sold my GT8 car due to various rules on different races.
GT8 racers were eager to have a uniform set of rules and pushing ROAR to create such rules. This is why ROAR see the GT8 as from existing 1/8 off-road buggy with minimal conversion done on chassis without total re-design but still retain the buggy's (front end kick) design.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by azeroth
OK But why? they already produce a flat chassis car it only mandates that kick has to remain if a conversion and kick up is the angle of attack of the hinge pin like anti squat on the rear and can be in the form of hinge pin mounts and the rules do not state a min or maximum kick up just saying

Nice interpretation
Old 10-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm positive the kick up rule will change before the 1st ROAR GT national race. Now if we can oly get 10 min qualifiers ( 6mm Venturi )
Old 10-31-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

china's companies: team c and ofna should now produce a GT8 with front end kick chassis.
OFNA already has two cars with front kick-up: the Ultra GTP and Ultra GTP2. The first one has been around for quite some time.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

I for one am just relieved this is only for ROAR events and wont effect the vast magority of racing GT's

Either way .... what ever rules are or where they come from. When you plan to attend a race. The first thing you have to do is look up the rules you have to abide by for that race.
I guess you have to decide then if you want to shell out the extra cash resulting from having to comply to those rules as to weather you attend or not.

To each his own.

Regards
BM
Old 10-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yes but now if i could get ofna to make a modified or "upgrade" chassis plate for gtp gtp2 cars i will be set and run all my junk as it is
Old 10-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Nice interpretation
it is they way i understand it to be when i read it i am gonna PM you for that info for future upgrades
Old 11-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pressure
BM by ROAR finally adopting the class the GT world will see more advancement by manufacturing companies than you can ever imagine. Some notable companies only build cars to race for world or national championships. I have been racing GT and supporting the GT community for a long long time... IGT1(retired), IGT2 (retired)Serpent GT and the Lino XRAY GT conversion ( Pan American championship winning car ) are all in my stable.

I do agree with you sir.. I do.
I just so wish they would do a more professional job thats all.

I have been around racing and more importantly rule and race regulators, not only in R/C world but in full scale with F1 and before that the BTCC series with Renault, for over 30 years so I beleive I have some reference to be critical.
It can be all too easy to make rules, regs and lay down the law from a desk. I call it "Keyboard Courage"...
... it hardly ever ends up helping the sport concerned or the people in it when and if half hearted or ill conceived ideas or decisions are made.

I'm spouting off again.
Sorry to those in this thread.

Regards
BM
Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JLock
OFNA already has two cars with front kick-up: the Ultra GTP and Ultra GTP2. The first one has been around for quite some time.
The Ultra GTP and the GTP-2 do not have "kick-up"
These are flat chassis cars like the DM-1 series.
The GTP goes back to the early 2000's
The models with "kick-up" are the GTV series

Last edited by D Starks; 11-01-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: GTV series
Old 11-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I would agree, that any NEW car should be done with a kick up, but the DM-1 spec and DM-One (1/7 scale), and the Team C cars have been around for 4 + years from OFNA and 2+ years for the Team C.

It would seem that they would be granfathered in as they are part of the cars that have built this class. I would also think that if they were legal through 2015 you could continue to use and enjoy and not have to go out and get a new car to race.

I have proposed this to ROAR through several channels and we'll see how it goes.

On a side note, the IGT8 Spec class rules fit (other than the chassis note above) the ROAR rules with just a change in restrictor to 6mm. I ordered one today, but since I've run restrictors in the past I see no real issue with making it work. Heck I've even got several 5.4's that I've used last year.

Mark
Old 11-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

remember it does not say that a flat chassis car cannot run just that a conversion car must maintain the original kick up. The the gtp2 is still the offroad base (dirt oval) for the onroad version (flat chassis on both) the original ultra gt or ultra mbx buggies on which the cars are based were flat chassis cars. but no where does it say that a manufacturer cannot create a new flat chassis car as well i just says that a "conversion" must retain the original Kick up
Old 11-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D Starks
The Ultra GTP and the GTP-2 do not have "kick-up"
These are flat chassis cars like the DM-1 series.
The GTP goes back to the early 2000's
The models with "kick-up" are the GTV series
Sorry, thinking about the first series of Ultra GTP cars from back in the early 2000s. Those were based of their MBX chassis of that era which did have kickup on it (their old blue chassis).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.