R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #226
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX View Post
ROAR - great that a new sanctioning body was what made you finally spit up some rules. We have developed committees and forums over the last three years with rules that have been previously introduced to ROAR with no previous ROAR comments or engagement. Even regional ROAR members were a part of those committees.

I keep reading comments about the engine rule...... The comments keep trying to say something about off road buggy based class, then go to a restriction on ports/mods/restrictor? I never saw where off road 8th scale had these restrictions? Tell the off road 8th scale guys they can only run a 5 port and every motor will be torn apart to be tech'd for mods? OBVIOUSLY NOT HAPPENING in OFF ROAD! And OBVIOUSLY no resources to tech motors at any local events for one class.

IMO we will continue to run our own thing and forget about ROAR for GT. We only have one on road ROAR race in our region anyway......and guys are surely not going to travel to hit a race for GT with such restrictions. I am assuming most club races will still maintain there own rules.

Oh, and telling guys that run a particular car manufacturer that they cannot run that car now.....after the entire GT group of racers is ok with it? Then ok for one year? What a bad decision in efforts for manufactures to support racers and classes. The racers could care less if they run an ofna or teamc? Why does ROAR care.

Next thing you know there will be a governor required.

At the end of the day ROAR could really give a crap about what has been going on over the development of the class......and the racers could really give a crap about ROAR...especially after giving ROAR tons of information in the past to end up with this. Most racers are forced to be ROAR members due to a particular sanctioned event.

I support ROAR for most of there efforts and classes whether on road or off-road but trying to create a GT spec class and eliminate manufactures shows that ROAR dropped the ball on this class. This class is for professionals as well as beginners. Build a class for pros too.

ROAR also knows it doesn't need the GT class to survive....so why would they care......they were forced into doing something.

Hopefully most of the big events at Liesure Hours, Homestead, and others will continue to provide there own set of rules that appeals to the masses.

These ROAR rules have and will divide this class......just more drama to deal with.
I feel your pain my GT brother, but I feel quite the contrary !....By these new ROAR RULES, The GT Class is now finally on the RC World Map and this will only encourage manufactures to build and design new Kits for GT specifically...case in point, NOVAROSSI already has jumped on the band wagon and introduced their new GT 5 port motor and even stamped "ROAR GT" on the cooling head ! Watch now, Xray, Kyosho, Losi, Mugen, Capricorn, etc doing spin off kits of all their 1/8th buggies for the GT Class !! HURRAH FOR ROAR !!!...I just picked up and broke in a Nova Maxy Cinco BT/ceramic 5 port and ROAR legal motor and dropped it in my GT1, all I can say is wow...no need for no 7 or 9 port here ! ..NO NEED FOR NO MORE SPEED ! Homestead Miami FORGASS 2 weeks ago, 1/8th lap tap times 16.00, TC 17.3, GT 20.3 ... all the classes are fast and a good 5 port might evn break into the 19 sec range soon....my .02 cents and Happy New Yr !

Last edited by Yb2fast; 12-30-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Yb2fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #227
Tech Regular

Old 12-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #228
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yb2fast View Post
I feel your pain my GT brother, but I feel quite the contrary !....By these new ROAR RULES, The GT Class is now finally on the RC World Map and this will only encourage manufactures to build and design new Kits for GT specifically...case in point, NOVAROSSI already has jumped on the band wagon and introduced their new GT 5 port motor and even stamped "ROAR GT" on the cooling head ! Watch now, Xray, Kyosho, Losi, Mugen, Capricorn, etc doing spin off kits of all their 1/8th buggies for the GT Class !! HURRAH FOR ROAR !!!...I just picked up and broke in a Nova Maxy Cinco BT/ceramic 5 port and ROAR legal motor and dropped it in my GT1, all I can say is wow...no need for no 7 or 9 port here ! ..NO NEED FOR NO MORE SPEED ! Homestead Miami FORGASS 2 weeks ago, 1/8th lap tap times 16.00, TC 17.3, GT 20.3 ... all the classes are fast and a good 5 port might evn break into the 19 sec range soon....my .02 cents and Happy New Yr !
I respectfully disagree with the engine issue. What other ROAR nitro class is trying to run a spec motor? And be able to tech it for mods at any race? NONE!
And if I understand correctly, homestead is not using the ROAR rules for this race? They are using the same rules as last year from what I know. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Hobby Express - www.TheHobbyExpress.com
BIGCAT TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #229
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yb2fast View Post
.........these new ROAR RULES, The GT Class is now finally on the RC World Map and this will only encourage manufactures to build and design new Kits for GT specifically...
GT racing was “put on the R/C world map” a long time ago back in 2010, at our 1st GT World Championships in Homestead.

That’s the real reason that Roar, all those R/C companies you mention are in it today and is exactly why most of all of you guys are even running GT cars on tracks now.

This GT class has always had its problems/drama since day one.

There’s been too many money hungry R/C companies using their dealers and sponsored drivers to cause ugly “political” battles both on and off the tracks around the world to try to own a measly little market share.

It’s truly pretty disgusting to see what has happened to GT racing over the past few years. What used to be a class that welcomed all, was peaceful, fun and had a common goal, has turned into a just a few “clicks” that will stab each other in the back with every new sponsor’s product offer that show up next.

Good luck with the GT class Roar, you’re gonna need it.

Anyway, I wish you all a safe and happy new years!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #230
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

Quote:
I respectfully disagree with the engine issue. What other ROAR nitro class is trying to run a spec motor? And be able to tech it for mods at any race? NONE!
And if I understand correctly, homestead is not using the ROAR rules for this race? They are using the same rules as last year from what I know. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I do agree and feel the pain you do
I have all my motors non roar sactioned, the DM1s you sold to me will all be disallowed next year, so no ROAR events for me because I have invested a lot of money on what I have and will not buy more to be able to race one race

If homestead is not using roar rules will be looking on racing there
what a beautiful track

It is like having a 1/8 scale race but having 3 port motors only because the other motors are too fast or too expensive.
it is like having 1/8 nitro offroad run traxxas motors to lessen the gap between motors.
That is the good thing about competition at a higher level, you have the freedom to choose from so many motors, tires, manufacturers and etc based on what you want and what you need
Still very upsetting and the ROAR rules are making a big crack in the GT enviroment and racers
it does feel like there are politicians in the midst

Have a happy new year guys
hope we can all race our cars in different tracks all over the nation without limitations
DRRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #231
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Ifv your going to Homestead with us, you best start packing your bags and booking flight and hotel.

It's only 17days away!!!!!!!!!! Mentally I'm already there

Can't wait!!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #232
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

If your going to Homestead with us, you best start packing your bags and booking flight and hotel.

It's only 17days away!!!!!!!!!! Mentally I'm already there

Can't wait!!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #233
Tech Regular

Quote:
/
Correct !! HOMESTEAD IS "RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG !!!" is an all out balls race !! It got rubber tires, 1ts 1/8th scale, it runs nitro ? your in !! : ) Cars were clocked at 55 mph at the last FORGASS race few weeks ago, and Im sure yall seen the vids I uploaded on youtube....most cars were running a Nova Roma .25 including the winner Mr.Desoto, and fast lap was 20.3 !! cant wait to see these cars drop int0 mid 19 sec laps !!
Old 01-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #234
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I'd like to see governing bodies focus on a clear specification rather than an approval list. It can and often does alienate drivers and manufacturers. We should have classes that accommodate for all levels of skill and performance within the same specification and not get caught up with which car is faster.

When starting a spec class from an open it changes the dynamics of the original emerging class and turns into Mod and Stock and goes downhill from there.

A driver starting out in a class where there are "all" levels of skill and car performance has more chance of finding good competition at their level. They'll also have faster drivers with lesser cars demonstrating that it's not all about motor timing, esc's' factory engines and the poor me syndrome.
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:08 AM   #235
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 318 (100%+)

Is there a spec for 1/10 and 1/8 touring? No
Just like every form of racing you have start at the bottom and work your way up.
Mercenary Racer
jmoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #236
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

here you go a package deal

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...8-gt-artr.html

Yes I race a Snake, VP, Radiopost,Protek,EDS,Matrix
Team Nitro RC Club Lynwood, IL
azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote