Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-07-2005, 03:08 PM   #14626
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default Traction Roll

Quote:
Originally posted by asw7576
Does rear chamber affect handling so much ?? My car occasionally flipped in tight corner

Believe it or not, softening the susspension setings will cut down on this.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #14627
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default front diff

about what does it cost to build a front diff? i have the housing from the kit, is it cheaper to find a whole rear diff (ebay $50 plus shipping)and use the parts out of it or get all the parts separate?
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:08 AM   #14628
Tech Champion

Default Chassis overhaul

I'm thinking to replace the bulkheads, uprights, suspension arms and tie rods every 3 months interval.

Do I need to rebuild the car after every 3 months interval ??

I play the car about 4 hours per month, I mean pure racetrack time, not including the time spend on bench / table.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 03:13 AM   #14629
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Chassis overhaul

Quote:
Originally posted by asw7576
I'm thinking to replace the bulkheads, uprights, suspension arms and tie rods every 3 months interval.

Do I need to rebuild the car after every 3 months interval ??

I play the car about 4 hours per month, I mean pure racetrack time, not including the time spend on bench / table.
basically i dissamble the car including engine after 2 races.... clean everything, lube the bearing , one way, and replace parts when broken / not working properly...
RCCUTM
pemandu upahan ;)
rcabj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:33 PM   #14630
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ohio track set up

does anyone have ohio set up for mid-west series. thanks
Old 02-11-2005, 07:04 AM   #14631
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Toledo, Mentor or Cincinnati??

They are all very high traction, well prepped surfaces. Low roll rear blocks and 40/42's all around to start with.

Adjust shocks and suspension to suit conditions after that.
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:45 AM   #14632
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sorry, toledo, ohio track ( sorry i didnt specify).
thanks for lil tip.
anyone else got anything? i am ordering tires and i am planing to run there few times so i nees to know what shores to purchase for that track.
thanks
Old 02-11-2005, 08:51 AM   #14633
Tech Regular

Swauger's National's setup is on the Mugen site i think. Looks like it would work on a track like that. I heard they used SMALL tires. 58-59mm
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 06:55 AM   #14634
Tech Regular

While his sedan winternats was shortlived, Swauger's MTX3 was defintely the fastest thing out there. Clutch problems took him out, but no one could have with him. I don't know how much of it was engine and how much of it was the car, but the times show he was dominant. While the car is older, it's still very capable.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:00 PM   #14635
Tech Apprentice

Guys would you consider the mugen to be a good car to start in nitro onroad. Been racing offroad for a long while. Mod Buggy. And I can drive. But are parts around in the US. And are they more durable. I can get parts for the TC3 Nitro easy but hear they break alot. So what is you opinion.
IndyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #14636
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TexasRacer

I would get the Mugen it is very durable, and I only have broken universals thats it really.
TexasRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:47 AM   #14637
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by IndyPhil
Guys would you consider the mugen to be a good car to start in nitro onroad. Been racing offroad for a long while. Mod Buggy. And I can drive. But are parts around in the US. And are they more durable. I can get parts for the TC3 Nitro easy but hear they break alot. So what is you opinion.
Definetely Mugen MTX3 prospec

I crash a lot ( lousy driver ) and the only parts that breaks after big impacts usually front steering uprights and front universal dogbones.

Just tips: the next time you break front universals, replace them with rear universals (shorter).

Follow the set up setting as is in the manuals.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:45 AM   #14638
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by IndyPhil
It's absolutely an awesome car to start with. The setup out of the box is fast. Even the stock MTX3 is fast. If you went that way, recommended upgrades are .8 module gearing and Universals. That comes standard on the Prospec, along with other goodies. The car is definitely tough. Front universals and uprights are usually the only things I damage. And that's not very often. Forget that NTC3. Go Mugen, you wont be disappointed.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:06 AM   #14639
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by gonzoY5
It's absolutely an awesome car to start with. The setup out of the box is fast. Even the stock MTX3 is fast. If you went that way, recommended upgrades are .8 module gearing and Universals. That comes standard on the Prospec, along with other goodies. The car is definitely tough. Front universals and uprights are usually the only things I damage. And that's not very often. Forget that NTC3. Go Mugen, you wont be disappointed.

i second that. and yes you may be able to get parts for the ntc3 faster, but i tell you what, you'll be getting parts very often with the ntc3. and one bump to something, may it be a car or the board, the setting is off already making the car harder to drive.

go mugen.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:15 PM   #14640
Tech Apprentice

If I get the prospec kit what else besides radio gear would I need. Would a Sirio .12 EVO 2 , 3 Port fit. I can get a new one for free from my hobby shop. Obviously a starter box and glow plug igniter. What kind of receiver batterey does it take. And what parts should I order that would be more prone to break.
IndyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote