Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by stefan
Hey guys,

long time no see!
Hope everybody is ok here.
still in one piece, me and my mtx-3.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Bandeira, You are quite right, it should have lasted longer. My comments were based on statistics. Which servos have I seen fail over the years....
The futaba 9402 should have lasted for a long time, as it is an excellent servo. I have had good, expensive servos fail before. The operating environment is quite severe, and even teh good stuff can fail. You are less likely to experience such a failure with the brands mentioned.
I too have reservations about digitals. I do like the extra holding power around center though.
Beware, MOST of the hitec digitals I have sold failed in short order.
They (hitec) do offer some that are reliable. I have had good luck with the 945's for instance.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

By the way... That track looks AWSOME! I am envious.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

We want you back!

Hey guys,

long time no see!
Old 09-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by theRED5
Grinder had one on his car...and took it off, he didn't like it.
we took it of ours as it made the lap times slower
think the engine is bull sh*t, no gain and too hard to set bottom end up

Last edited by Cartman; 09-15-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys,

long time no see!
What did you do to Alfonso?????
Old 09-16-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eddiethefish
We want you back!

Awww, that's so sweet of you to say that :-))

We just moved into our new home in Germany and got internet connection.

I found two permanent onroad tracks so far, but the racers there only seem to play with 8th scales.

Guess I just keep aggravating them with my little car until somebody wants to race with me

Later y'all
Old 09-16-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
What did you do to Alfonso?????
NOTHING!!!

He got the mother of all sun burns all by himself, despite my warnings about the sun in Ft.Myers in February.

I guess we would have to ask the new wife, why he isn't showing up here anymore
Old 09-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default My MTX-3

I'm happy to say that I'm a proud owner of a Mugen MTX-3!!! I bought the car on Tuesday(9-14-04) from a man named Henry. He is such a good person, and I was originally going to buy one of his older ones from him about a month ago. At the time he had about four, and he had to get rid of them. I was awaiting payment for my XRAY, and when I finally got the paypal money, Henry was selling his last Mugen. His price was originally $450 W/ car, engine, servos, and a box-o-parts. I guess he felt that I waited long enough, and since I was trying to deal with him for a car for a while, he slashed the price to $350!!! I IMEDIATELY sent him the paypal, and He dropped the car off the next day at my mom's job!!! Kind people really do exist!!! Anywho, I have to pick up some O'donnel 30% soon...

Here's what I got...
1)Mugen MTX-3(uh...duh?)
2)Mugen X12 engine, header, and REX pipe
3)BRAND new TRC's and enniti's (both complete sets)
4)Original boxes(car and engine) in perfect condition
5)plastic "thingy" w/ extra plastics(parts), springs, sway bars...

The engine from what im told has been just broken in, and the car is C L E A N, has no scratches, and no bent parts YET

Anywho...

HERE is the page for pics...
Old 09-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: My MTX-3

Originally posted by KV 305 8451
I'm happy to say that I'm a proud owner of a Mugen MTX-3!!! I bought the car on Tuesday(9-14-04) from a man named Henry. He is such a good person, and I was originally going to buy one of his older ones from him about a month ago. At the time he had about four, and he had to get rid of them. I was awaiting payment for my XRAY, and when I finally got the paypal money, Henry was selling his last Mugen. His price was originally $450 W/ car, engine, servos, and a box-o-parts. I guess he felt that I waited long enough, and since I was trying to deal with him for a car for a while, he slashed the price to $350!!! I IMEDIATELY sent him the paypal, and He dropped the car off the next day at my mom's job!!! Kind people really do exist!!! Anywho, I have to pick up some O'donnel 30% soon...

Here's what I got...
1)Mugen MTX-3(uh...duh?)
2)Mugen X12 engine, header, and REX pipe
3)BRAND new TRC's and enniti's (both complete sets)
4)Original boxes(car and engine) in perfect condition
5)plastic "thingy" w/ extra plastics(parts), springs, sway bars...

The engine from what im told has been just broken in, and the car is C L E A N, has no scratches, and no bent parts YET

Anywho...

HERE is the page for pics...
Good for you son.. now your MTX-3 is meant to be on the tracks not on the bed!!

Have a ball of fun yeah!
Old 09-16-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Default YIKES!!!

Ya' got Loosi XXX-S shocks on there!

Did it come with the original shocks?

Hopefully cause to get the same setups from other MTX-3 drivers you would need the stock shocks.

But then again, if it works good with the Loosi shocks and you have a good understanding of car set-ups then leave 'um on.

Excellent deal though !
Old 09-18-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi guys..I am going to buy an MTX-3 soon...i will be using MX 3 as the transmitter and the servo comes along with the tx..i will be using ReX RER12S5...issit good enough for a beginner?I am pleased to receive many comments from u MUGEN guys!Do give me critics and advices! ....MUGEN 4VA!!
Old 09-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Project D
Hi guys..I am going to buy an MTX-3 soon...i will be using MX 3 as the transmitter and the servo comes along with the tx..i will be using ReX RER12S5...issit good enough for a beginner?I am pleased to receive many comments from u MUGEN guys!Do give me critics and advices! ....MUGEN 4VA!!
I enjoy my MTX-3 a lot! I had a NTC3 before this one and it was good for a beginner, but the MTX-3 is nice. If you are going to build it yourself the instructions are not the best. But if you can follow pictures and basic instructions (they dont say a whole lot) you should be good. It took me a week to build my Prospec since i work full time. It was easier than i thought. I think you will be pleased with this car.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

I bought the same TX when I got my car. The only bad thing is those servos wont last too long, especially in the steering after a few hits. It'll work fine for the throttle but it is a little low on torque so the brakes are a little week. Other than that you're set. Good luck
Old 09-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Default ARGH!!!

THANK YOU GUYS FOR STARTING A NEW TOPIC IN MY TOPIC!!! No, I'm just kidding I just wanna hear about my situation. Project D-why could'nt you start a new thread??? No I guess my glory is over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.