R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-29-2004, 06:19 PM   #13516
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: GT Bodies, 2nd Pic

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandeira
Humpf.. apart from the body not being legal, Do you know if this thing you did with your rear windshield is Ifmar legal? I planned to do that but was afraid of getting in trouble in the nats...
I don't know about IFMAR, but ROAR hear in the USA states that the rear window may be "cut out"-it doesn't specifically state that you can't bend it inward, at least I don't think. It's exactly that that many people are tired of: wing height, body opening sizes, rear bumper height, etc., etc.
Ed Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 07:12 PM   #13517
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I know it doesn't matter in this case but internal aerodynamic aids are not permitted.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:03 PM   #13518
Tech Fanatic

Ed, I think it looks cool. You going sunday (weather permitting)? I finished the Prospec. All i gotta do now is find a place for all those freakin wires.
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:17 PM   #13519
Tech Addict

Default Wire detail

Quote:
Originally posted by alucard13
Ed, I think it looks cool. You going sunday (weather permitting)? I finished the Prospec. All i gotta do now is find a place for all those freakin wires.
Mike, I finally figured this issue out on my second MTX3, and here's how I did it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52.jpg (86.3 KB, 163 views)
Old 07-29-2004, 09:20 PM   #13520
Tech Addict

Default Sunday

....and, no I won't be there this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52cc.jpg (135.8 KB, 160 views)
Old 07-29-2004, 09:36 PM   #13521
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

Hi Ed, nice body, I like the custom stickers !

did you spray your rims? I wanted to to the for my next body a few weeks ago, but I am afraid to get paint on the foam..

btw, I got a Revo, those things are cool.
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 11:59 PM   #13522
Tech Addict

Default Painting Wheels

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
Hi Ed, nice body, I like the custom stickers !

did you spray your rims? I wanted to to the for my next body a few weeks ago, but I am afraid to get paint on the foam..

btw, I got a Revo, those things are cool.
Actually it's pretty easy:

Take a piece of Bristol paper, or some other type of heavy and thick paper, and make four round holes, just slightly larger than the rim size, then lay them over the four wheels and paint away. I used black Pactra RC car paint and it seems to stick to the wheel material pretty nicley. It takes a few coats from different angles on the outside of the wheels to get total coverage, so don't try and rush it and try to do it in one shot. Also, don't forget to turn the wheels over when your done with the outside and paint the inner part of the rim as well.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:08 AM   #13523
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

cool, thanks
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:28 AM   #13524
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Wire detail

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Delgado
Mike, I finally figured this issue out on my second MTX3, and here's how I did it.
Cool, thanx for the pic.
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:49 AM   #13525
Tech Addict

Default Wire detail....

A much cleaner wiring installation can be completed if you open the servo cases and simply shorten the wires to the desired lengths. It's really not difficult.......and it is lighter also....

(much easier than painting that great looking body AND the wheels......that is NICE....I like the true-GT bodies much better than my Mazda 6...)
Bivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 08:22 AM   #13526
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira

Hello guys..

Ben using Ellegis for a long time - too much traction rolling. Switched to Fast - Veeery nice. Now wanted to try the Kawahara ZACs.

You guys know where I can get them from in Asia or Usa. And Of course at a reasonable price... MugenUsa carries them for 22USD each pair...
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:02 AM   #13527
Tech Addict

Default Gandini Racing Products

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandeira
Hello guys..

Ben using Ellegis for a long time - too much traction rolling. Switched to Fast - Veeery nice. Now wanted to try the Kawahara ZACs.

You guys know where I can get them from in Asia or Usa. And Of course at a reasonable price... MugenUsa carries them for 22USD each pair...
It's funny that you say that, because both Fast and Ellegi brands are produced by GRP (Gandini Racing Products). It's the same rubber, it's only the wheels that are different.

I myself prefer the Mugen design wheels (as used on the Fast brand) over the dish-type or multi-spoke wheels used by GRP on the Ellegi brand. It's a stronger and lighter wheel. You can find good deals on GRP tires in Asia at www.rcmart.com and www.rcmushroom.com.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:08 AM   #13528
Tech Addict

Default Re: Wire detail....

Quote:
Originally posted by Bivens
A much cleaner wiring installation can be completed if you open the servo cases and simply shorten the wires to the desired lengths. It's really not difficult.......and it is lighter also....

(much easier than painting that great looking body AND the wheels......that is NICE....I like the true-GT bodies much better than my Mazda 6...)
On my othe car, I did the same thing from the outside (shortening the servo wires). You can buy the any style servo connector unassembled (JR/Sanwa/Fut/KO Propo, etc.) and just trim the wire to length, add the pins to the ends of the wire and then insert the pins into the plug body. I did it this way because I thought it was easier than opening the servo case and having to unsolder/solder on the circuitry board-YIKES!
Old 07-30-2004, 11:09 AM   #13529
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by gonzoY5
Yeah i was gonna mention that, just couldn't figure out how to explain. There's a little bit of improvement because the tires are working more evenly, but the right way to put is that the tires wear evenly, not "less"
some site on the net where you can easily calculate drive ratios and roll out by just simply fitting the number of pulleys, gears,diameters, etc, too lazy to do math!
Old 07-30-2004, 11:16 AM   #13530
Tech Addict

Default Re: Wire detail....

Quote:
Originally posted by Bivens

...oh and thanks for the compliments on the body-it was alot of work! All the graphics (the yellow stripes and black pinstripes, the window trim as well as the "WCH" logo are painted). The only stickers added are the tailights, the Ferrari logos and the smaller sponsors like Pirelli, Castrol, Weber etc (which were white in color and collored yellow with a yellow Sharpie marker).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 56.jpg (145.5 KB, 124 views)