R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-17-2002, 07:58 PM   #1336
Tech Adept

yet again, sorry to change from the exciting topic of e clips (even though it hurts when the fly into your eye, faster than than the car goes )

but i have another clutch question. and i have never used a centax clutch, so im a little confused. after talking with robbie a couple weeks back, i put the clutch together in this order.........shims-bearing-clutchbell-bearing and so on. when i did it like this, the clutch was finally working right, but from my memory, there was still a small bit of friction when i spun the assembly. why is this? maybe im just stupid........please forgive me, as like i said i have never used a centax before.
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 08:06 PM   #1337
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Nytrochaos
yet again, sorry to change from the exciting topic of e clips (even though it hurts when the fly into your eye, faster than than the car goes )

but i have another clutch question. and i have never used a centax clutch, so im a little confused. after talking with robbie a couple weeks back, i put the clutch together in this order.........shims-bearing-clutchbell-bearing and so on. when i did it like this, the clutch was finally working right, but from my memory, there was still a small bit of friction when i spun the assembly. why is this? maybe im just stupid........please forgive me, as like i said i have never used a centax before.
clean the clutch assembly, there could have chances debris got into the clutch and make the lean room more lean. if this is not the case, put more shims. between the clutch nut and the inner bell bearing
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 08:09 PM   #1338
Tech Initiate

does the mtx-3 kit without engine and pipe come with tires?
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 08:17 PM   #1339
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by freestyle
does the mtx-3 kit without engine and pipe come with tires?
my kit (without engine and pipe) comes with tires
Old 12-17-2002, 08:32 PM   #1340
Tech Adept

thanx manti, that should solve it!

and foams come in all the kits, with or without engine
Nytrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 08:48 PM   #1341
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:

Place a shim before the first bearing, this will stop the clutchbell from touching the shoes. Make sure you have a small amount of play on the clutchbell, if no play, get rid of some shims.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 08:52 PM   #1342
Tech Regular

New Parts in stock:

Kenji Osaka MRX-3 Limited Edition
More Yokomo Blue Alum. Parts.
Top T12 Roar Legal Engine
Novarossi Pipe for .12 and .21
GT4-S Car Kit back in stock

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone, don't forget to check out our Holiday Shipping Schedule.

Vince
www.microRCshop.com
microRCshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 09:42 PM   #1343
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: MTX-3

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack
not the 705..
i have 2 serpent with me already..
s
looks like i'll be getting one soon...now trying hard to get rid the R off my mind and the tons of hop-ups i spent on it...
now i am pulling out from looking at the irresistible but expensive hop-ups for my next car...
trying to find a place to hide my credit card after getting the MTX-3.... so i cant spend too much on hop-ups like i did to my R....
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 10:22 PM   #1344
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by microRCshop
New Parts in stock:

Kenji Osaka MRX-3 Limited Edition
More Yokomo Blue Alum. Parts.
Top T12 Roar Legal Engine
Novarossi Pipe for .12 and .21
GT4-S Car Kit back in stock

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone, don't forget to check out our Holiday Shipping Schedule.

Vince
www.microRCshop.com
hey Vince what is the complete list of upgrades that the osaka mrx3 has over the standard kit?
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 10:58 PM   #1345
Tech Prophet

Quote:
although i have not seen a 705 drive yet.....(i dont even think they are avalable to the public yet) i think that it wont be a problem for the mtx-3.....the 705 is only cosmetic changes to the original impulse. everything other than the battery placement is the same. and on a tight track, you cannot put a front diff in the 705........do the diff gears from the mtx-2 front diff fit in the mtx-3 front diff case?
Sorry if this is 705 stuff but the complete "old" front gear diff unit used on the Streetspec and the Impulse PRO works fine in the 705 contrary to the FAQ posted on mytsn. Perfect fit. No modifications needed.

You only need the additional geardiff driveshaft adapter to make it work.

Anyway, who needs diffs on a tight track anyway?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 11:05 PM   #1346
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MTX-3

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
looks like i'll be getting one soon...now trying hard to get rid the R off my mind and the tons of hop-ups i spent on it...
now i am pulling out from looking at the irresistible but expensive hop-ups for my next car...
trying to find a place to hide my credit card after getting the MTX-3.... so i cant spend too much on hop-ups like i did to my R....
You don't need hop ups for the 705. Michael Salven ran the car out of the box (so to speak) in Ohio world meet.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:13 PM   #1347
Tech Prophet

Quote:
like i said earlier, along with others. i truly believe that the 705 is still the same impulse but with a lower battery and a front oneway. other than that, it is just cosmetic changes. sure it may look pretty, but i dont think its any better than the original impulse. infact, im pretty sure that there is no room for a front diff on the new car, so on tight tracks, i think that will hinder the snake.

but what do i know.....maybe im just blowing smoke up ur ......
Ummm, I think you better keep the comments and reservations to yourself and wait till somebody drives the 705. Till then, we will all find out soon how it performs as you're still not convinced of it's debut in Ohio.

The "cosmetic" changes of the V1R to V1RR is no more different or the same as the Impulse PRO to 705.

From my reliable sources, the 705 is already trickling into shops in Holland. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:04 AM   #1348
Tech Champion

majority of the dudes here will not apprecaite your priase of snake here ! better keep it some where
Old 12-18-2002, 12:12 AM   #1349
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
majority of the dudes here will not apprecaite your priase of snake here ! better keep it some where
right On Manti......
anyway. most car dont reallyneed hopup.
we put them on cause it make the car and us look good..

the 705 doesnt need hopup cause it already have all the hopup on it.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 12:29 AM   #1350
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
Gotta love Manti and his attitude
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote