R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-13-2004, 04:47 AM   #13291
Tech Addict

Default Re: centax clutch thrust spring

Quote:
Originally posted by rcabj
hello....i am confused about this...can anyone give indication to me when to use soft, hard spring etc..

btw..i'm using a nova 5 port motor.

thanks...
Im running the hard spring. with a Nove NS12 S5 JP an it works for me try 3quater turn out. to start with.

cheers Deano
Thunder racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:08 AM   #13292
Tech Adept

Default Prospec Fuel cap?

How is it different from regular fuel cap and where can i get it?
dragoneuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:08 AM   #13293
Tech Regular

Quote:
i have no idea!!! lol setup was done by a very expreienced driver at my track but i think full droop he made my car go all the way down... example when i put my car on the ground you will see that my whole car sorta sinks down!
Actually droop is the opposite of what you're thinking. Your car sinking down is your ride height. Droop is how far your arms drop down when you lift your car. More/Less droop will give you different characteristics on/off power.
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 08:11 AM   #13294
Tech Fanatic

Default Upcoming Race!

Hello fellow racers! Sunday July 18th marks the first race for The Big Apple Radio Control Automoblile Racers Club! RACERS WHO LIKE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AT THE TRACK... YOU ARE ALL OFFICIALLY INVITED TO OUR INAUGURAL RACE SUNDAY JULY 18TH!... COME HELP TO 'BREAK-IN' THE BIG APPLE!!! For out-of-towners I will look into the hotels closest to the track and post their info here. THE BIG APPLE 'BREAK-IN RUN'!!! CLASSES TO BE RUN ARE; 1/8TH 4wd OPEN 1/8TH 4wd GTP 200mm 1/10TH TOURING CAR The race will be held at Middlesex County College 2600 Woodbridge Ave Edison, NJ Lot# 6-A. You can use Expedia, Mapquest or Yahoo maps for directions to the race site. Our Web site is still in the works and will include amongst other things directions to our race site. The race will be run by seasoned veteran Mr. Tom Baffer Sr. who has put on more great races than most. We are confident we will have a smooth day. In preperation for the event we will hold our own 'MOCK RACE' prior to the race to test the system's capabilities and assure you a good day of racing. The clubs officers are all working VERY hard to make this and every event we hold a memorable one! EVERYBODY BRING YOUR 'A' GAME OR (as Charlie Williams says) MARINATE!:-) Hope to see you there! Chavo Figueroa Big Apple R/C If you have any questions my e-mail addy is [email protected]
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:18 PM   #13295
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

since mugen is coming out with mrx4 i was woundering if anyone heard anything about new touring car if there is one, maybe mtx-4???
brooklynrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:44 PM   #13296
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

BT,

Your in Vic right? What track are you running at?

I race at Lilydale and I have a good setup for Dandy.

I run a front one-way (all the time) and have 30k in the rear.

I'm using softer springs (purple or blue) and 50wt shock oil all round.

std rear bar, front at hardest.

tyres 40/42 fronts or 37/40 rears. (harder fronts)

I usually run about 2mm droop (2mm movement from ride height to when it hits the stops) front and rear.

I've also found this car likes a bigger ride height say 7mm on all but the gripiest of tracks, especially if its bumpy.

Maybe we can catch up at a club day.

DC

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
Hey guys any of you mtx-3 racers race on a low traction, small, bumpy, technical track? im looking to get some advice on some suspension tuning.
OZDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:35 PM   #13297
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default mtx2/mtx3

what parts are compatible for the mtx3 from the mtx2 kit? just looking for some spares like uprights and such. just let me know.

cjones
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:43 PM   #13298
afm
Tech Master

Default SPRINGS

Can anybody tell me what is the difference between White 1.9mm springs and the Blue 1.9mm springs that come on the Prospec (they are not 1.8mm as the manual says).

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:13 PM   #13299
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

they are the same just a different color.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:23 AM   #13300
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: mtx2/mtx3

Quote:
Originally posted by gentleman81
what parts are compatible for the mtx3 from the mtx2 kit? just looking for some spares like uprights and such. just let me know.

cjones
The bearings. And the dogbones for the front.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 03:34 AM   #13301
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by gonzoY5
Actually droop is the opposite of what you're thinking. Your car sinking down is your ride height. Droop is how far your arms drop down when you lift your car. More/Less droop will give you different characteristics on/off power.
Understood! hmmm i need to get a book that tells me what all these things do!

Quote:
Originally posted by OZDC
BT,
Your in Vic right? What track are you running at?
I race at Lilydale and I have a good setup for Dandy.
I run a front one-way (all the time) and have 30k in the rear.
I'm using softer springs (purple or blue) and 50wt shock oil all round.
std rear bar, front at hardest.
tyres 40/42 fronts or 37/40 rears. (harder fronts)
I usually run about 2mm droop (2mm movement from ride height to when it hits the stops) front and rear.
I've also found this car likes a bigger ride height say 7mm on all but the gripiest of tracks, especially if its bumpy.
Maybe we can catch up at a club day.
DC
Hi DC i run at the Kroma track in Keilor. You ever go there for fun?
Old 07-14-2004, 05:58 AM   #13302
Tech Regular

Quote:
Can anybody tell me what is the difference between White 1.9mm springs and the Blue 1.9mm springs that come on the Prospec (they are not 1.8mm as the manual says).
The blue are softer than the white. The blue are even softer than the gray. The white are probably too hard for the MTX 3 in all but the SMOOTHEST of tracks. Remember the spring rate is determined by the thickness of the spring, as well as the number of coils it has.
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:35 AM   #13303
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: Re: mtx2/mtx3

In addition, the springs and the shock system, the foam bumper and mount, the brake pulley, hinge pins, bevel gears for differential and gasket, screws, etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by rjl
The bearings. And the dogbones for the front.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:04 AM   #13304
Tech Elite

OZDC,
Interesting set-up.
We were using 40R/37F and the dark blue (Prospec) springs last weekend and I thought the car looked rather bouncy. As soon as we changed to 37R/35F that "bounciness" went away and the car was lots better. I was puzzled.
I'm just contemplating your hard tyre / soft spring set-up as compared to our soft tyre and harder spring one. Go figure.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:20 AM   #13305
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by gonzoY5
The blue are softer than the white. The blue are even softer than the gray. The white are probably too hard for the MTX 3 in all but the SMOOTHEST of tracks. Remember the spring rate is determined by the thickness of the spring, as well as the number of coils it has.
I think you are confusing the light blue with the dark blue.

Springs go like this:

purple 1.6mm
light blue 1.7mm
gray 1.8mm
white 1.9 mm
dark blue 1.9mm (6 coils front, 7 coils rear)

Then my question still holds, what is the difference, besides color, between white and dark blue. Since the dark blue came with my prospec I don't have phisically the others to compare.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote