Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-25-2004, 04:29 PM   #13096
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

Hey look Data. No boards!

Looks like fun. What do you guys do for your electronics? Balloon everything up?
Old 06-25-2004, 05:08 PM   #13097
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: RUBBER TIRE SETTINGS

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
here is my set up etc im 5th in uk and just came 2nd in a national on rubber in the UK still mugen at mo

setup
Thanks Mark !!!!!!

Great information you've posted, I'm sure I will be able to dial my car with it......if not I better do something else.....jajajajaja....I'll start building my kit this weekend....we have a race on July 15.
BTW the names that appear in blue on one of the charts belong to drivers running on Mugen??? If not, can you post who's running on what (car, engine). Who are the official drivers for Mugen in UK.

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 07:47 PM   #13098
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3

david,
what shores tires were you running and what shock wieight oil at the sws#4.
thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by David Joor
I have done both ways, using uptravel as measurement on carpet but I use droop in nitro. Uptravel is pretty much the best way to measure things, when you set your droop at say 1 in the front, ride height set to 5mm and have a 57mm tire on, the uptravel is about 1mm to 1.5mm. If the tire is 62mm though the uptravel is 3.5mm and this is really what makes the car react differently. Having more uptravel will allow that end to roll more and ultimately generate more traction. Than you also add in the fact that you have tall tires that allow them to roll more on the edge to generate even more traction.

In carpet we don't have this huge of a tire wear problem so this is all new to me. We typically set the front to have 0 to 1mm uptravel and the rear to about 1.5mm uptravel because it is all about quick reacting cars on such small tracks and high levels of traction. Nitro on the other hand is a different animal because tire wear is such a concern. So I am learning this stuff with the bunch of you guys as well. That is why I haven't messed with the droop settings yet per run. I will have to give it a try. All I know is that the MTX3 is by far the best car I have gotten the pleasure to run.
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:06 PM   #13099
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Prtoform

Quote:
Originally posted by Slotmachine
Sedan racers use sedan bodys! Not Ferrari, or Porsche they are not sedans! I do like Ferrari bodys, only when you are talking F1.M. Schui is the man with the skills!!!!!!!!
Sedan racers use sedan bodies because they have to not because they necessarily want to. I happen to be a fan of sportscar racing, and personally would prefer to run a GT body over a TC body. I think Ferraris and Porsches are more exciting to look at than Mazdas and Dodges. If racers were offered a choice of well handling GT bodies, we'll they might prefer them. Let the racers decide.

Consider this: if you were given a full day's use of a full scale road course, say Laguna Seca, and you had to choose between a Ferrari 550 Maranello or a Dodge Stratus, which would you choose? If you would choose the Stratus, then I have nothing else to speak to you about, I just can't understand how that could be. If however you would choose the Ferrari, then why would you not prefer a Ferrari for your 200mm car?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg start.jpeg (45.8 KB, 147 views)
Ed Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:17 AM   #13100
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default Bodys

I would actually prefer runing a Sedan body in real racing because thats what the average spectator can relate to,and I think it would be more challenging to set up and drive.You can go to a dealer showroom buy a street car, install a few safety items and go racing now tell me that you can do that with a ferrari with the average sallary.
Dont get me wrong, I still love the sports cars, I really like F1 Racing! Take a look at the Australian Super Car series, V/8 Engines and rear wheel drive, no holds bared!
Old 06-26-2004, 11:17 PM   #13101
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz

yeah, take short cuts when nobody is looking.

Quote:
Looks like fun. What do you guys do for your electronics? Balloon everything up?

splashing water is alway fun. too bad james won't let anybody on the track when it is raining.

Last edited by Data; 06-26-2004 at 11:24 PM.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:31 PM   #13102
Tech Addict

Any one know where the cheapest place to buy the pro spec mtx-3 kit from. Also where do I get kawahara parts for it. Thanks
Ybakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 02:06 AM   #13103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

for hop up parts go to www.westcoasthobbies.com he has all of the rd logigs parts for it which i think are better than the kawahara parts and a lot cheaper.

as for running in the water. damn, I fouled my reciever just by getting it wet with denatured alcohol the other day. I am used to the semi sealed radio box of the ntc3 and not used to the exposed reciever of the mtx3. I guess I learned my lesson.

as for running rubber tires. at the track which I race at primarily the novice/semi pro class I race in they only allow rubbers as a "cost control" BS I can buy a full set of foams for 22 bucks shipped. a set of rubbers is damn near 50 bucks after you buy inserts and wheels. I am in the process of running a petition to run foamies in my class and the rookie class to give people the experience of running them and also cause it is much harder to hook up a car on rubers.
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 02:25 AM   #13104
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
Hey Cartman, you guys are running rubber with threads when it rains?
we run in a rubber only class!
tyres we use in the wet are pitz d20 treaded 21mm with a hard insert
Old 06-27-2004, 02:27 AM   #13105
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: RUBBER TIRE SETTINGS

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
Thanks Mark !!!!!!

Great information you've posted, I'm sure I will be able to dial my car with it......if not I better do something else.....jajajajaja....I'll start building my kit this weekend....we have a race on July 15.
BTW the names that appear in blue on one of the charts belong to drivers running on Mugen??? If not, can you post who's running on what (car, engine). Who are the official drivers for Mugen in UK.

AFM
the drivers who's names are in blue are members of the BRCA comittee
the only UK mugen driver in the rubber class is me, hence my move to Hobao!
Old 06-27-2004, 02:34 AM   #13106
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz
[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]
some use ballons some use a 35mm film canister

Old 06-27-2004, 02:52 AM   #13107
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandeGixxer
for hop up parts go to www.westcoasthobbies.com he has all of the rd logigs parts for it which i think are better than the kawahara parts and a lot cheaper.

as for running in the water. damn, I fouled my reciever just by getting it wet with denatured alcohol the other day. I am used to the semi sealed radio box of the ntc3 and not used to the exposed reciever of the mtx3. I guess I learned my lesson.

as for running rubber tires. at the track which I race at primarily the novice/semi pro class I race in they only allow rubbers as a "cost control" BS I can buy a full set of foams for 22 bucks shipped. a set of rubbers is damn near 50 bucks after you buy inserts and wheels. I am in the process of running a petition to run foamies in my class and the rookie class to give people the experience of running them and also cause it is much harder to hook up a car on rubers.
yep but rubber will last longer if you know what your doing, they dont chunk, thay dont wear in diameter!!! and settting a car up on them is as easy as foam, or the electric cars would use foam too
Old 06-27-2004, 07:16 AM   #13108
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by afm
I'm in Peru, South America BTW, but anyway, the reason we run a Rubber class is because it is a cost spec controlled class. And how did we got to it, is because our track, being a semi permanent track, doesn't have the conditions to run foams, it is dusty and very abrasive asphalt. Also weather down here doesn't help.
We tried every possible combination on foams and they don't work. Only rubbers do, and we have a deal with PMT from Italy, which makes up special compounds for our appication, and they work fine and last longer. It is a question of setting the car properly and it is an equal factor for everybody, we have to work on other things to get the edge, we have very closed competition, and you have to be a better driver to win.

AFM
AFM, Use jacos and they work great, when you have a decent clean track, yesterday foams did not work, I tried sorex, are pmt better than those?, here costs 26 the set for sorex and they work great at least on dusty provisional asphalt tracks, first time tried though!
seisik, ecuador
Old 06-27-2004, 02:53 PM   #13109
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3

Any body know where i can get 22/18 pinions for the stock gears on the mtx3? Im geared 21/17 and 42/46 and still top out in the middle of the straight. Thanks
Johnny
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 04:12 PM   #13110
Tech Regular

Default God Bless i love this car

After 2 second places in 2 races, I just won the A main in my local Summer Series. TQ'd today TOO! This car goes where ever you want it to go. The lapped cars would give me a hard time sometimes by taking the inside line, and I'd just put the car MORE inside. It was a game of chicken and the Mugen won. That's it...just wanted to give my car props.
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote