R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-13-2004, 08:32 PM   #12841
Tech Regular

Quote:
I have had very bad luck engines and cars and even people at the track threating me over stupid stuff that i have decided to get out of the hobby.
You need to take a Drive down South to the new Miami track. Don't give up on this hobby, it's so frustratingly fun. Cheack it out, we're friendly over there.
http://www.royalpalmraceway.com
gonzoY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:36 PM   #12842
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

Quote:
You need to take a Drive down South to the new Miami track. Don't give up on this hobby, it's so frustratingly fun. Cheack it out, we're friendly over there.

i know... I just dont have a tranponder right now..... (and wont have one for a while since an engine is more important...)

but thank you for the encouragement.
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 09:24 PM   #12843
Tech Addict

Quote:
a freind gave me a used fr. one way.

i spin the left tires and its almost spin freely without any binding..but when i spin the right wheel it won't spin as freely as the other side..sort of the feeling of a very heavy diff oil spin...

since i have never use a front one way b4 i need to know if this is normal.

if not could it be repair or else...thank u very much.

This is not normal.....sounds like one one-way bearing is dead or dying.....I recommend tossing it and starting fresh....I've seen one-way tubes for as cheap as $20. You may try cleaning it well and see if that helps before giving up though.....if that doesn't help....start new.
Bivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:24 PM   #12844
Tech Regular

Default How to remove gear from housing

Hi, Can some one tell me how to remove gear from housing?

I'm talking about the the small metal ones. I can remove the outside one (16t) by holding down the (20t) with a ranch no problem. But I don't know how I can remove the 20T, that's inside without damaging the housing.

Thanks
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 01:10 AM   #12845
Tech Prophet

Default Re: How to remove gear from housing

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasonchi
Hi, Can some one tell me how to remove gear from housing?
This is the proper tool. B0513.

InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:01 AM   #12846
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by gonzoY5
Great track. I found out about it on Sat and drove down to see it. On sunday I joined as a member and practiced until the races started. I hope to run with you guys the next time you race at RPR. It seems as though ALOT of the guys have Mugens.
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:31 AM   #12847
Tech Regular

Quote:
I hope to run with you guys the next time you race at RPR. It seems as though ALOT of the guys have Mugens.
Yeah there's a bunch, but there's a bunch of Serpents out there too. I'd say it's almost even. THere's 3 R40's out there trying to prove themselves. We have a little fun on the Track message board talking smack about car supremacy. See you next race. I'm the guy that wheels the big a$$ starter box on the cart.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #12848
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: How to remove gear from housing

In contrary, you could damage the pinions.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasonchi
...without damaging the housing.

Thanks
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:31 AM   #12849
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
. I'm the guy that wheels the big a$$ starter box on the cart.
I'll be the guy with the MTX-3 running into the boards. HA!

If you are the same person, my dad was telling me you have been doing this for about 12 years and you have the cart because back in the day the cars always fell apart.

I was on the track message board and saw some posts. I was also trying to find out what setup the Mugen guys are using.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:02 PM   #12850
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

Quote:
Yeah there's a bunch, but there's a bunch of Serpents out there too. I'd say it's almost even. THere's 3 R40's out there trying to prove themselves. We have a little fun on the Track message board talking smack about car supremacy. See you next race. I'm the guy that wheels the big a$$ starter box on the cart.
I've seen your cart before the first day of the series.
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:58 PM   #12851
Tech Rookie

Default Re: NeoRacer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bivens
The solid adapter for the front diff-case (or rear) has no impact on your problem.......

If you have the 16-tooth pulley on the rear shaft and the 19-tooth pulley on the front shaft, along with the NOT-stock conversion belt.....there should be no problems.....Your front tires MUST be smaller than the rears now to keep both ends of the car rolling along at the same speed.....You are likely seeing that the rollout of the front is now higher than the rear if you didn't change the front-tire size to be approx 3.5mm smaller (see posts about 5-pages back)......simply put...now the front tires spin faster and you need smaller tires on the front to get back to an "even" drive between front and rear.......

There shouldn't be a problem with the tension on the belt being too loose....is there?
Thanks for the responce. I will have to use up a set of fronts and stick a fresh set on the rear. I will run it and let you know asap.

Thanks for the suggestion,
Neo.
Neoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 03:04 PM   #12852
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What effect if any will swapping out the side forward 24T pully with the side rear 19T pully have. ...?
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 03:07 PM   #12853
Tech Regular

Quote:
If you are the same person, my dad was telling me you have been doing this for about 12 years and you have the cart because back in the day the cars always fell apart.
Yeah, he made that box about 10 yrs ago, and then I got out of it for like 8 yrs. I just started again and i tried out the box and it still worked! So i saved myself $100 when i got all my stuff again.

Quote:
I was on the track message board and saw some posts. I was also trying to find out what setup the Mugen guys are using.
There are a couple of setups on the MTX3 Talk board. Ed and I put ours up. I started out with the Swauger setup from Ft. Myers that's posted on the Mugen website. Then I just kinda tweaked it a little bit for this track. Works for me, but I gotta tinker with it more, my rear was a little loose this weekend. There's plenty of people out there to help you if you need it. See ya
Old 06-14-2004, 03:32 PM   #12854
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah, he made that box about 10 yrs ago, and then I got out of it for like 8 yrs. I just started again and i tried out the box and it still worked! So i saved myself $100 when i got all my stuff again.

There are a couple of setups on the MTX3 Talk board. Ed and I put ours up. I started out with the Swauger setup from Ft. Myers that's posted on the Mugen website. Then I just kinda tweaked it a little bit for this track. Works for me, but I gotta tinker with it more, my rear was a little loose this weekend. There's plenty of people out there to help you if you need it. See ya
I am racing this weekend at Palm Bay. Then next weekend I hope to race with you guys and see if I can get my car hooked up to the track.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:21 PM   #12855
Tech Adept

I have just ordered a Mugen MTX3 Prospec, it has 08 module gearing. Big question is, can i use my Kyosho RR Evo pinions on this car, the Evo pinions are also 08 module???
Finken is offline   Reply With Quote