R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #12586
Tech Fanatic

I was reading that you should lube the thrust bearing in the centax clutch after 30 minutes of use. What lube should i use.............ummm besides KY??
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:03 AM   #12587
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
who makes a tool to adjust the turnbuckles on the prospec? Lungfords do not seem to fit.. nor does the hudy one..
Craftsman open end wrenches, 4mm and 4.5mm will do the trick!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:47 AM   #12588
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kreidel

Quote:
Originally posted by alucard13
I was reading that you should lube the thrust bearing in the centax clutch after 30 minutes of use. What lube should i use.............ummm besides KY??
You can use your leftover Associated black grease.
kreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:21 AM   #12589
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

It works for me

Quote:
...ummm besides KY??
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:08 PM   #12590
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
It works for me
LOL!

Quote:
Originally posted by kreidel
You can use your leftover Associated black grease.

Works for me, got lots of that left over.

The prospec should be here this week or next. I probably won't have it done in time for next SCH race, but hopefully in July. I am also looking to get new servos for it. any suggestions? Joe was saying the digital futabas work good.
alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:48 PM   #12591
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

just a quick question.... if i move the front shocks from position 1 (innermost) to say, position 3, would it give me more on power steering? or off power steering?

thanks.

- jason
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:09 PM   #12592
Tech Regular

Typically, the front shock angle will controll off power steering. Standing the shocks up will give the car less steering off power entering the corner. Leaning the shock in will give the car more off powre steering.

For on power steering, you can change the angle of the rear shocks. Stand them up for more on power steering and lay them down for less on power steering.

I would play with tires, springs, and camber if you want to make a significant change to get more or less steering.
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:42 PM   #12593
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: 16/19 belts

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing

Using the usual "push along the ground" test, the Mugen doesn't roll nearly as well as the EVO. I'd like to fix this.

Hey no need for drag brakes then.....
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:45 PM   #12594
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
LOL!

The prospec should be here this week or next. I probably won't have it done in time for next SCH race, but hopefully in July. I am also looking to get new servos for it. any suggestions? Joe was saying the digital futabas work good.

Futaba S9351 bests ones yet, if you can get them, S9350 would be 2nd choice.

Aritronics 94359 ...... Dont think you will get any better than that...
Old 06-02-2004, 03:22 PM   #12595
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Bandeira

You guys that use Fuel guns for pit stops...
May I see a frontal picture of the body?

thanks in advance
Bandeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:23 PM   #12596
Tech Master

I've never been able to get the car to handle like I want with harder shore rears. If your running a very long main, you may be able to figure out your wear with what you've been running, and go harder if there's too much wear.

When B.Baker won WinterNats last year he told me he ran 42 fr. and 45 rears.....that was in a 45 min main. I think he wanted to keep the ride height and didn't want them to wear too much.

Generally you want either the same front shore numbers or the next harder on front. I ususally run 37's in the rear all the time, and adjust the fronts for how much grip I'm looking for. I went through one of Serpents Tech Schools at a race a few years ago, and they said get the general set up on the car, to handle the track, then fine tune with the tires.

Ed> For the front belt I use the MRX3 "DO240" "S 6mm MRX" belt in the front on the MTx3 or Kawa K-770 belt for the rear of the MRX, on the front of the MTX3, they fill the pulley and will last a long time. I've had the same one on my car since just before the WinterNats, with no signs of wear.

Winner's Circle has the GQ's for $9.50 a pair...but he's going to Alaska later this week.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:26 PM   #12597
Tech Master

I've always been a little wary about getting a fuel gun for a TC, I don't know whether the roof of the body allows enough room to open the fuel cap enough to allow the fuel gun to seat against the top of the tank so that the automatic shut-off will work properly.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 04:20 PM   #12598
Tech Fanatic

Can someone give me dimensions on a MTX-3 chassis, The length and width from the furthest most points.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:26 PM   #12599
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandeira
You guys that use Fuel guns for pit stops...
May I see a frontal picture of the body?

thanks in advance
I think theRED5 is correct, unless you're racing outlaw (and hence can make as many and as big a hole as you want) it is not practical to use a fuel gun for touring shells.

There are some new and smaller guns (plastic I think) out there that may be suitable but generally its best to use them only when running VDS Lola shells. Then you can really place the gun properly and vertically for best fuel-up.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:50 PM   #12600
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by theRED5
I've always been a little wary about getting a fuel gun for a TC, I don't know whether the roof of the body allows enough room to open the fuel cap enough to allow the fuel gun to seat against the top of the tank so that the automatic shut-off will work properly.
It works fine if you do your body right. IFMAR rules allow the windscreen to be cut along with a 50mm fuel hole.

Position your hole like so:

AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote