Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks ]-[0pa]0ng. It helps
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:56 PM   #12572
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Engine Bearings

If you need replacement bearings for your your Nova Rossi S5 or S3, you can use the replacement ones from RB Concept's V12, or NovaMega's newer SS motor. The same goes for the rod. Any decent LHS should have them in stock-we carry RB's in ours (Warrick Custom Hobbies in So. Fla.) I personally would stay away from any non-OEM bearing. The only exception would be Mugen Racing's JP ceramic bearing for the FX3.

As far as the Kawahara belts wearing out prematurely, I would have to agree. I've got two weekends of racing on mine and I've noticed that the front belt's teeth are looking a bit ragged.

Also, Kawahara makes two different low friction side belt-the regular length and a shorter one for the 16/19 conversion.
Ed Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:04 PM   #12573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 16/19 belts

for all you guys who have supported and are continually buying the DB RACING belts... THANK YOU very much for your support.

i will continue to sell them on ebay just so it's always readily available for all of you.

i am also thinking about selling a combo deal where it's going to include the 16/19 conversion belt as well as the front and rear... all soaked in wd40 when you get it. the only thing is, it won't be kevlar reinforced like the stock ones. it will be the same quality as the conversion belt which is fiberglass reinforced. the nicer thing about fiberglass reinforced is that the belts are softer, which means less friction. and with them being soaked in wd40, they will be even softer without sacrificing strength.

let me know what you guys think. and if i get a lot of requests for the combo deal, it will be worth to carry and i will definitely list it on ebay as well.

thanks a lot.

if you want to drop me an email, please feel free to do so..
[email protected]
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:19 PM   #12574
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Engine Bearings

i thought bearings for all novarossi based are interchangable, but after a little research i found out that NS12s are not the same..the sizes are rather odd..i think they use11x21x6 and 7x19x7 any thoughts ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Delgado
If you need replacement bearings for your your Nova Rossi S5 or S3, you can use the replacement ones from RB Concept's V12, or NovaMega's newer SS motor. The same goes for the rod. Any decent LHS should have them in stock-we carry RB's in ours (Warrick Custom Hobbies in So. Fla.) I personally would stay away from any non-OEM bearing. The only exception would be Mugen Racing's JP ceramic bearing for the FX3.

As far as the Kawahara belts wearing out prematurely, I would have to agree. I've got two weekends of racing on mine and I've noticed that the front belt's teeth are looking a bit ragged.

Also, Kawahara makes two different low friction side belt-the regular length and a shorter one for the 16/19 conversion.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:58 PM   #12575
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Engine Bearings

Quote:
Originally posted by Tag
i think they use11x21x6 and 7x19x7 any thoughts ?
Novarossi NS12 (as well as RB V12 and NovaMega SS) uses the following bearing sizes in their engines;

Inner main bearing: 11.5x21x5mm

Front bearing: 7x17x5mm
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:23 AM   #12576
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

Hi Initial, how are you??

can you answer this questions posted a few days ago?

Quote:
TRACK WIDTH

Does anyone knows anything about the track width?

The widder/narrower the front. What happens?
The widder/narrower the rear. What happens?
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:26 AM   #12577
Tech Rookie

theRED5 - Do you have a link for the GQ tire? I just bought 20 set's of the Fast tire for my Mugen Prospec. Got a great deal on them. Here's a dumb question I'm sure. Like I say I'm new to this on road stuff. LHS said ex if I use say a 40 shore up front then I should use a 42 shore in the rear is this true? Or should it be the other way around? and never run the same shore for both the front and rear at the same time.

Next I heard that the spoke wheel is a more firmer wheel than say a dish is this true?

It sounds like they like the GQ's best followed by the Twister foam tire. Since I'm new to all this does it really matter at this point? I like white wheels but that's the least of my worries and solid foam tire that will last as good as it get's seems to me to be the major factor.

Again Thanks,

]-[0p
]-[0pa]0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:28 AM   #12578
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

who makes a tool to adjust the turnbuckles on the prospec? Lungfords do not seem to fit.. nor does the hudy one..
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:33 AM   #12579
Tech Prophet

Profoxcg, wider front gives less steering. A narrower front trackwidth would give you the opposite.

Wider rear gives better grip on the rear end.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:37 AM   #12580
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
who makes a tool to adjust the turnbuckles on the prospec? Lungfords do not seem to fit.. nor does the hudy one..
you can use the tiny L wrench (comes with some kits) if you have it.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:36 AM   #12581
rjl
Tech Fanatic

The fabric belts do become frayed but the kevlar belts lose teeth, the rag belts are cheeper and are more plyable. If you're looking for low resistance go with the rag belt if you're looking for durability go with the kevlar.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:47 AM   #12582
Tech Addict

Default ]-[0pa]0ng

Quote:
and never run the same shore for both the front and rear at the same time.
I have a BIG problem with that statement.......I think my MTX-3 works well with "matched" tires on front and rear......but I've also ran it with slightly harder fronts also....just depends on the feel you want and the track conditions.......Generalized statements like the quote above are simply too broad.....try it and make your own decisions......
Bivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:28 AM   #12583
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by theRED5
You might try putting gray springs in the rear with the stock light blue front springs. I get the rear to rotate like that.
Thanks RED5, yes I need to get some spring options - dammit, the Kyosho springs are a bit bigger I.D.

Quote:
Originally posted by vadn1
Is there a way to make belts softer, any type of chemical. Also some of the electric racers cut teeth off of the pulleys, with that work here....?
Soak the belts in WD40 overnight - that works pretty well.
I don't think I'd be cutting any teeth off the pulleys, though - they'll fall off when they're ripe.

Quote:
Originally posted by OZDC
I'm running A ackerman and AA rear blocks, seems to work well but i'd be pushed to say there was a huge difference.

Doubt youll be backing off the steering.

Also I'm running 30k in the diff, this may give some more power on steering. (assuming you have 10K at the moment)
Hmmmm . . . thanks DC, yes it currently has the B ackerman, B rear blocks and the standard diff oil - I think that's about 10K.

Last Sunday we also wound the rear droop screws all the way out.
. . . . would never have got away with that on the Kyosho.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tag
is there anyone here running a rdlogics turbo II pipe ? what exhaust gasket do you guys using ?
The Serpent gaskets fit the RD pipe fine also.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:37 AM   #12584
Tech Rookie

Default Bivens

Bivens Like I have said I'm brand new at this on road stuff. What your quoting me on is simply what I was told at the LHS. Therefore I was asking you guys who do know a great deal about on road tires what Your thoughts are in respects to it. Appologize if you thought I was making a statement. I'm just trying to get a better feeling for all this.

Peace,

]-[0p

Last edited by ]-[0pa]0ng; 06-02-2004 at 09:11 AM.
]-[0pa]0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:53 AM   #12585
Tech Elite

Default Re: 16/19 belts

Quote:
Originally posted by evlhdlts
for all you guys who have supported and are continually buying the DB RACING belts... THANK YOU very much for your support.

i will continue to sell them on ebay just so it's always readily available for all of you.

i am also thinking about selling a combo deal where it's going to include the 16/19 conversion belt as well as the front and rear... all soaked in wd40 when you get it. the only thing is, it won't be kevlar reinforced like the stock ones. it will be the same quality as the conversion belt which is fiberglass reinforced. the nicer thing about fiberglass reinforced is that the belts are softer, which means less friction. and with them being soaked in wd40, they will be even softer without sacrificing strength.

let me know what you guys think. and if i get a lot of requests for the combo deal, it will be worth to carry and i will definitely list it on ebay as well.

thanks a lot.

if you want to drop me an email, please feel free to do so..
[email protected]
Yes, thanks for the belts. I got them in 6 days via normal Global Priority mail to sunny Oz .
. . . . OK it's nearly winter here, but I like to rag Motorman.

If these new belts are equivelant softness to the Kyosho SP belts, count me in.
Coming from the Kyosho, I'm surprised the standard Mugen belts are so stiff. When we changed the V-One to the Kyosho SP belts there was a significant improvement in free roll, and don't forget the Kyosho belts are all wider than the Mugen equivelants - and they last for ages.

Using the usual "push along the ground" test, the Mugen doesn't roll nearly as well as the EVO. I'd like to fix this.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote