R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-31-2004, 10:31 AM   #12526
Tech Fanatic

Vineyard... I asked both factory drivers Robbie and Mike, the same question about the release of the MTX4... They both gave me about the same answer... Like I posted before, no one from Mugen USA has even seen the MTX4.. Earlier posts said the car would be out in the coming months.... I just replied that was not the case and that most likely would be summer 05 if that... Now, Mugen Japan might be and I'm sure they are... Are doing R&D on the new MTX4... I would sugest that everyone enjoy there MTX3's for the forseeable future and if you can afford the MRX4... Buy it... That way you'll know what the MTX4 will most likely have on it when it comes out.. Also... I don't know of any 1/10 nitro car right now that is better then the MTX3 over all.... Until someone unseeds the MTX3 as the number one 1/10 nitro sedan today... Enjoy the ride!!! Hear that Serpent, Kyosho, TA, OFNA, TM/Trinity....

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:55 AM   #12527
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

Quote:
there is no way the MTX4 is gonna be out next year..
judging from Mugen's way of doing things the MTX3 will be around for another year or 2 .. till the release cad drawings of the car kit... just like the MRX4.

I hope so, bc i just got my prospec ( I am almost done building btw !!) and i would be mad to know they release a new car 6-8 months from now... (if they pull a serpent hehe)

Quote:
Sorry Profoxcg...

After reading my post again I noticed that i was harder than I wanted to be (not hard at all)
sorry...
Not a problem ! =)
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:14 AM   #12528
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
I think I like the car, but my drivers first words still have me chuckling - "Massive understeer, beautifull brakes."
And after the first run I noticed binding in the rear that turned out to be the placcy wheel hexes - they didn't last long. Luckily I had some ally ones and installed them at the track. Also, I received the 16/19 conversion belts from evlhdlts on Friday, just in time - thanks, Jo. Given that all our tyres are trued for a 4mm split, this was lucky and helped gain a little steering. With some help from rjl, we found a little more.
I figure if we just burn a heap of fuel and tyres, this car will be pretty good.
You might want to decrease rear toe in to gain more steering and use A block. If you get too much steering then you can decrease dual rate on your radio!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:30 PM   #12529
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is it recommended to run the 16T/19T pully set on the mtx-3 kit. If the change in done to the gears what additional parts are needed for the change.
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 03:03 PM   #12530
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

all you need is a conversion belt and a pully..i currently running the 16t/19t conversion and i will never look back, car feels much more consistent and tires wear more evenly. it is almost a must in a long main..

Quote:
Originally posted by vadn1
Is it recommended to run the 16T/19T pully set on the mtx-3 kit. If the change in done to the gears what additional parts are needed for the change.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:08 PM   #12531
Tech Fanatic

Where is a good place to pick up a set of the 16T/19T and belts for this conversion? Are the pullies made by Mugen or another company.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:56 PM   #12532
Tag
Tech Master

as far as the belts , i know kawahara makes one but it's a bit pricy, i got mine from ebay i believe it was 6.95 a belt..mugen makes the pullys..

Quote:
Originally posted by vadn1
Where is a good place to pick up a set of the 16T/19T and belts for this conversion? Are the pullies made by Mugen or another company.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:57 PM   #12533
Tech Addict

Default 16/19

Definately run the conversion........MUCH more even tire wear, you can run the hood of the car lower....and the slaller front tire size gives the steering a good feel.....

You simply have to understand how to set the rollout for the front and rear to regain an even drive ratio......normally about a 3.5mm larger rear tire size is required.....(If you run the "split" too small...you achieve an overdrive condition where the front pulls the rear around.....if the split is too large....the rear shoves the front.....each has it's own feel....normally, I try to run a split that sets the front rollout the same as the rear......)

You should see that you will eliminate the problem of having the rear tires wearing too fast compared to the fronts.....

Even my Serpent-running friends would like to have something like this for their 710's.....
Bivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 06:11 PM   #12534
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Belt Conversion

Can someone post the part numbers for the pulley set for the 16/19 belt conversion?
JJ187RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 07:15 PM   #12535
Q
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Belt Conversion

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ187RC
Can someone post the part numbers for the pulley set for the 16/19 belt conversion?
mugen part# T0221 .those are just like the stock plastic pulley. i think kawahara makes allum pulley also but more $ of course
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:18 PM   #12536
Tech Fanatic

What'sssssssssssss up big Q??? lol Didn't see you at Crystal Park this weekend... What RC shop in SoCal carries the 16/19 pully conversion??? Elite, Speed Tech, and speedshop don't carry the pully conversion... I also checked on RC-Mart, RC-model and RC-mushroom online... No luck there either... Hope to see you at the track this week... Oh, and make sure that Sirio is ready....

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:35 PM   #12537
Tag
Tech Master

try this link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...900988372&rd=1
this is the guy i bought my belts from, good price and fast shipping. no hobby shops carry conversion belt in socal, i have checked pretty much all of them, good luck

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan
What'sssssssssssss up big Q??? lol Didn't see you at Crystal Park this weekend... What RC shop in SoCal carries the 16/19 pully conversion??? Elite, Speed Tech, and speedshop don't carry the pully conversion... I also checked on RC-Mart, RC-model and RC-mushroom online... No luck there either... Hope to see you at the track this week... Oh, and make sure that Sirio is ready....

RC_Alan
Old 05-31-2004, 10:06 PM   #12538
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_alan

RC_Alan
It sounds like you might have buy the pulleys seperate from the belt. Nitrohouse should have tons of mugen parts and ebay for the belt.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:45 PM   #12539
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg
Thumbs up alum pulleys

do you guys recomend this upgrade?

I know I am going to at least change the rear pulley that is fixed to tthe brake.

BTW, I finished my prospec today, now I just need to modify my serpent starter box to fit the car and conect my electronics.

i noticed the that Dynamite alum. servo arms do not work with the steering. can someone recomend something else ?

thanks !
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:58 PM   #12540
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec belt works

I work at a LHS and tried every belt we had in stock from other cars-Serpent's 705 & Impulse, HPI's R40, Hot Bodies' Cheapo Car- to no avail. Then a couple of weeks ago, I looked up at the wall of parts and saw Traxxas' side belt for the Nitro 4-tec. "What the heck, let me try it out" I thought-perfect fit! The only thing is that it is a little stiff- it's a little thicker than Mugen's stock side belt. The next weekend while at the track, I compared it to the one that is sold on E-Bay (another racer had one) and the quality of the teeth on the belt did not look as good as on the Traxxas belt.

I don't have the part # handy, but I'll post it as soon as I get back to work later this week. Your LHS should be able to look it up and order one for you.

Like I said, it's a bit stiffer than Mugen's stock belt, but until Mugen Racing get Kawahara's low friction conversion belt back in stock it will have to do.
Ed Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote