R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-23-2004, 09:36 PM   #12241
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg

does any particular manufacturer make better Ti. screws than another? like for example Tamiya versus speedmind based on weight and price?
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:37 PM   #12242
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Profoxcg
does any particular manufacturer make better Ti. screws than another? like for example Tamiya versus speedmind based on weight and price?
SQUARE makes Ti screws for the 3 as well. However, I don't think they are much different from the speedmind ones.
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:59 PM   #12243
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rcracerdude
Default mugen osaka chassis

does anyone know how much the mugen osaka chassis weighs compared to stock?

derbybrosracing.com
rcracerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 12:34 AM   #12244
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

Quote:
Originally posted by Q
just ordered some mono tuning tires and was wondering what needs to be done to fit on mtx-3(spacers etc..) thanks...
You should widen your track after putting on the Monos. Since they are 0 offset, your track will be too narrow. Just unscrew all the pivot balls out a full turn or so. Unless you have a setup board you can measure them accurately. Be careful with the front if you don't have universals. Widening them can cause the the dog bones to fall out under full throw. Running the track too narrow will cause your car to be unstable.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:53 AM   #12245
Tech Adept

I just broke my Mugen Front universal (used it for more than 10 races and seems very durable) and ready to order a new set but saw 3 Racing have Front universal for MTX-3 and is half of the price compare to Mugen universal. I was wondering anyone used 3 racing or both before. How's the 3 racing quality compare to Mugen one? I may go for 3 racing if it is as durable as Mguen universal.

Thanks.
US_MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:03 AM   #12246
Tech Rookie

I'm new to rc and was wondering what is the best way to clean your car at the track. I have seen people at the track with clear spray bottles? I'm sure its not just water.
chaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:09 AM   #12247
Tech Rookie

chaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:18 AM   #12248
Q
Tech Apprentice

most people would say mugen is better than 3 racing. go back a couple of pages and you can read all about it. there has been several post about this.
Quote:

I just broke my Mugen Front universal (used it for more than 10 races and seems very durable) and ready to order a new set but saw 3 Racing have Front universal for MTX-3 and is half of the price compare to Mugen universal. I was wondering anyone used 3 racing or both before. How's the 3 racing quality compare to Mugen one? I may go for 3 racing if it is as durable as Mguen universal.

Thanks.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 03:40 AM   #12249
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by chaka
I'm new to rc and was wondering what is the best way to clean your car at the track. I have seen people at the track with clear spray bottles? I'm sure its not just water.
Most likely it's denatured alcohol. That's what I use. You can get it at most harware stores. It works great and it's cheaper if you buy it in bulk (by the gallon) DO NOT spray your car down with water!
j240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:17 AM   #12250
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

denatured alcohol is the best thing to use, has no water in it and can be sprayed on electronics and eng with no problems. Try and avoid the air filter. Blow off car with air compressor. Use toothbrush on stuborn spots.
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:21 AM   #12251
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz
You should widen your track after putting on the Monos. Since they are 0 offset, your track will be too narrow. Just unscrew all the pivot balls out a full turn or so. Unless you have a setup board you can measure them accurately. Be careful with the front if you don't have universals. Widening them can cause the the dog bones to fall out under full throw. Running the track too narrow will cause your car to be unstable.
You might also want to consider those 1mm washer from Mugen, put them between the pin and the bearing. By doing this you dont need to widen your track width that much, more like 1mm less on each side.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:39 AM   #12252
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by US_MATRIX

Thanks.
I can tell you 3 racing is not as strong as Mugen one, but they are still decent and cheaper! the main difference between the 2 is the little hardward holding the pin in the join, Mugen one is bigger! If you can afford the difference I would suggest Mugen. it is a pain to replace cvds, eventhough it doesnt take that long but I rather have a peace of mind and enjoy that time on the track instead of pitting and fixing!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:40 AM   #12253
Tech Master

Default Re: mugen osaka chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by rcracerdude
does anyone know how much the mugen osaka chassis weighs compared to stock?
MTX3 dont have Osaka Chassis, it is on MRX3
Old 05-24-2004, 09:45 AM   #12254
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Grinder
quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
Light weight flywheel

I think it is a very bad idea to lighten the flywheel on the inside, because you need a smooth surface for the flyweight to operate right and consistant!

I am afraid your flyweight might get caught or stuck by the round hole!

Since you have already have a bunch of holes there, you might want to chamfer them and make them as smooth as possible!

Just my $0.02

I have been using this design for a long time now on all of my mtx3's, and it works great.
Just a thought only, really if it works I am consider doing so too! can you send me higher res pix please?

TIA
Old 05-24-2004, 10:15 AM   #12255
RR
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RR
Default Kawahara Negative Diff

Hello friends from the land of mugen

I just bought a kawahara negative diff, anyone using it here???

I've tried the diff once,... but not sure if the diff is working

what should i be expecting from the neg diff ???

Pls help, many thanks
RR is offline   Reply With Quote